Yo EM Read This Before You Put That Album Out............

Stew
Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
Dude is on point with this article which a lot of people have expressed on this board as well.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/editorials/id.2172/title.the-marshall-plan-hopes-for-eminem-s-marshall-mathers-lp-2-?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Cliff Notes......

“But Dr. Dre Said…”: Production, Production, Production
Dont over-produce it

Check The Technique—And The Shout-Rap—At The Door
Stop Yelling

Say Goodbye To Hollywood: Don’t Pander
Leave the gimmicks in the early 2000s

Hi, My Name Is…: Keeping “The Marshall Mathers LP” Legacy Intact
Either win or lose, no in between by doing a sequel

Comments

• freethewave
    freethewave Members Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at being embarresed about hiding the cd from his parents=? .

And when did eminem say swizz beats idea for stan 2 was corny?

summary is em need to get back to his old ? for it to be good=common knowledge
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eminem lurks on the IC?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eminem needs to start popping pills again, not to the Encore level though.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow....super slept on thread and article here! He had some great points. Particularly the shout rap.....has pushed me away from listening to Eminem. And I think "The Marshall Plan" would have sounded way more dope than MMLP 2. I disagree with him but I'm in the minority -- I love sequels. Stan is one of my top three favorite records from Em so I'd definitely check for a Stan 2.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at being embarresed about hiding the cd from his parents=? .

And when did eminem say swizz beats idea for stan 2 was corny?

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.8247/title.eminem-talks-album-leaked-track
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Im notttttt afraid to take stand!! every body, every body. Come take my hand!!!"

SMH! @ this corny ? . ? flyin thru the sky like he is ? Hancock. rockin some Walmart Nikes.

yes. i kno that joke is old as ? . i dont care.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard on of his songs .. well i didnt listen but iheard it.. and he sounded the same as when he came out. dude voice sounds as if hes going through puberty still
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one word of advice:

Retire
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newer albums from Em have sucked, but every cypher he's in since his whole comeback has happened has been dope. the BET Cyphers, the Tim westwood one.

its clear he's still got that talent but dude doesnt use it on his albums for some reason.

i didnt ? with recovery too much, nor do i ? with this Bezerk ? . ? me off because MMLP was probably my fave Em album besides "Infinite". Dude needs to stop trying to appeal to this new generation and go back to what sold all those records in the first place.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ this point your not a fan any more your not disecting homeys music .. your butchering it ...
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dre production part is interesting tho. I've said the same for years. That's why it's called branding tho.

Dre only produced 9 records combined on Eminem's first 3 albums, yet 20 combined on Encore and Relapse. Of course Dre prolly had a hand in mixing the early records but still.

It's the same thing The Documentary, Get Rich Or Die Trying, Good Kid Maad City/Kendrick as an artist and so on. But ask some ? in europe and it's like "you should go back and work with Dre". Again, that's why it's called branding tho.