What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Dunkin Donuts Blackface Ad Called "Bizarre & Racist" By Human Rights Groups. Company Apologizes...

2»

Replies

• bkkbullybkkbully around the wayPosts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm living in thailand right now and have seen the ads and didn't remotely for a second think it was racist. he was dead on about Americans being paranoid about racism.
  • bkkbullybkkbully around the wayPosts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man
    yall gotta remember that advertising is used as propaganda and manipulation
    plus this is an american company
    and most of these companies are owned by the same people
    it is a big deal
    every point counts
    and there is racism in Thailand

yes there is, but mostly not towards Americans. If anything Thais, Burmese, Chinese, Korean, Indian etc are more racist towards each other. Over here if you have a US passport your American, regardless of what skin color you are.
  • Valentinez A. KaiserValentinez A. Kaiser Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't really look like "blackface to me but.......

A Thai brand of household mops and dustpans called “Black Man” uses a logo with a smiling black man in a tuxedo and bow tie. One Thai skin whitening cream runs TV commercials that say white-skinned people have better job prospects than those with dark skin. An herbal Thai toothpaste says its dark-colored product “is black, but it’s good.”

259wwgp.jpg

that bolded shit wreaks of
    s640x640
    Young Stef
  • Trollio Trollio Trollololololololololol Posts: 25,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    miss mantan
    The Hacker. Top Cat. Tex. Wishbone Jones. George Costanza.
  • BodhiBodhi Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    A Thai brand of household mops and dustpans called “Black Man” uses a logo with a smiling black man in a tuxedo and bow tie. One Thai skin whitening cream runs TV commercials that say white-skinned people have better job prospects than those with dark skin.

tumblr_me2xajLWxl1qawxe1o1_500.gif
    “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
    -- Bruce Lee
  • s_a_m_r_i_os_a_m_r_i_o Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was a Popeye's add of her holding some chicken then I can see feelings caught.
    SneakDZA
  • NYETOPnNYETOPn Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >Charcoal
    >Donut

What a terrible pairing.
    Meta_ConsciousSneakDZAYoung Stef
  • unspoken_respectunspoken_respect I will go where there's no path and leave behind a trail. TampaPosts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It’s absolutely ridiculous,” the CEO Nadim Salhani said in a telephone interview. “We’re not allowed to use black to promote our doughnuts? I don’t get it. What’s the big fuss? What if the product was white and I painted someone white, would that be racist?”

SMH, white people playing the "I don't understand what's the problem" role.
    sig%202_zpstfsrwnqk.gif
    ???GOLDEN ARMS???

obnoxiouslyfresh7figzdnyce215CashmoneyDux
  • SOWETOSOWETO Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    bitch pitch black, with bright ass lips... but it ain't blackface, tho.
    SneakDZADr.Chemix
  • Gold_CertificateGold_Certificate Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been painting their skin for thousands of years b.

Black is merely a commonly available color that can be used for such tasks.
    SneakDZADirty Sanchez
  • Will MunnyWill Munny Eatin pussy and kickin ass Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its fucking south east asia, they are fucked up over there,
    Times are tough, but they ain't got nothin' on me.
  • can'tyoutellcan'tyoutell Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been painting their skin for thousands of years b.

Black is merely a commonly available color that can be used for such tasks.

We don't believe you, you need more people.
  • dnyce215dnyce215 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *paul mooney voice* everybody want to act like a nigga, but nobody want to be a nigga
    Chef_Taylor Already Home_17Young Stef
  •   Colin$mackabi$h Colin$mackabi$h Smartass Snatch Money ave.Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but they did that shit with no fucks given tho...