Wii U Zelda Bundle as well as 3DS Pokemon bundles

themadlionsfan
themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wind Waker HD and Pokemon Bundles Coming to Retail?
Retail leaks indicate new bundles are on the way.
by Jose Otero AUGUST 20, 2013
A retail source told Destructoid that Nintendo will offer special hardware bundles for Zelda Wind Waker HD and Pokemon X and Y this Fall.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD will come bundled with a 32GB Deluxe Wii U system. The report also indicated two 3DS XL bundles for Pokemon X and Y will come to stores priced at $199. The individual systems will come in the colors red and blue.

Destructoid has not learned the release dates for these bundles, but both bundles are expected in October. Pokemon X and Y releases on October 12. Wind Waker HD does not have a confirmed US release date at this time.

The report came from an anonymous source at Target who verified the bundles using a store’s inventory tracking system. We emailed Nintendo for an individual response and will update this story with their comment.

UPDATE: Nintendo of America says they have nothing to announce at this time.

Zelda Wind Waker

UPDATE #2: A trailer for Hero Mode revealed the look of the Wii U Zelda bundle. According to the initial report on Destructoid, this bundle will retail for $349.99.

I don't understand why they just don't make Windwaker a 3DS game...because the art style looks like some nick jr. type of ? .....I need something in the ilk of twilight princess.....however....I will be copping that A link between worlds....hopefully they bundle that

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Retail leaks indicate new bundles are on the way.

A retail source told Destructoid that Nintendo will offer special hardware bundles for Zelda Wind Waker HD and Pokemon X and Y this Fall.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD will come bundled with a 32GB Deluxe Wii U system. The report also indicated two 3DS XL bundles for Pokemon X and Y will come to stores priced at $199. The individual systems will come in the colors red and blue.

Destructoid has not learned the release dates for these bundles, but both bundles are expected in October. Pokemon X and Y releases on October 12. Wind Waker HD does not have a confirmed US release date at this time.

The report came from an anonymous source at Target who verified the bundles using a store’s inventory tracking system. We emailed Nintendo for an individual response and will update this story with their comment.

UPDATE: Nintendo of America says they have nothing to announce at this time.

Zelda-Wind-Waker.jpg
    Zelda Wind Waker

UPDATE #2: A trailer for Hero Mode revealed the look of the Wii U Zelda bundle. According to the initial report on Destructoid, this bundle will retail for $349.99.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie.
    Planned to cop a 3DS and Pokemon Y for my birthday.
    Haven't played since gen 4 of Pokemon but I'm looking forward to Gen 6.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good ? I was gonna buy a WiiU next week. Might as well wait for the Wind Waker bundle.
  • joshuaboy
    Good ? I was gonna buy a WiiU next week. Might as well wait for the Wind Waker bundle.

Lots of people have told me to hold off buying one until Black Friday ...... some real good deals/packages gonna be pushed
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    My lil cousin wants Pokemon X and Y so badly but has no 3DS because my uncle (well not really my real uncle but his dad who banged my aunt once upon a time) is such a cheapskate. Poor kid doesn't even have a regular DS. I decided I'm going to give him my 3DS along with all my games once I buy one of the new home consoles.
  • joshuaboy
    Definitely getting a Wii U before any of the next gen consoles .......... BUT

.............. both of them should be out before Black Friday so there might be good deals on all of them.

SMH ............... gonna be broke this Christmas