Options
    purpngold wrote: »
    reppin for the 40 and up. im 46

This ? is older that my mom. jesus
    My momma still in her 30s lmao old ?
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    87 product, was into r&b before hip hop so i came up during the house parties where it was cool to dance n have fun. all eyez on was the first rap album i bought but i watched the box for years
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    38 yo "old school ? "
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I can't hate the young cats for what they l listen to, it's they era. My era came and went , and yeah I reminisce, who don't, like these same cats will do in 20 years, part of life, you remember what you enjoyed
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    33....older brothers 39 and 44.....They had me recording the Rap Attack/Marley Marl In Control Show at like 8 years old....House was straight Juice Crew lol if I changed the dial to Kiss and Red Alert, I'd get booted......
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I know I can't hate the young cats for what they l listen to, it's they era. My era came and went , and yeah I reminisce, who don't, like these same cats will do in 20 years, part of life, you remember what you enjoyed

People don't realize that you really do stay attached to the music of your youth. There's actual reasons for it and why it imprints in our brains so hard. In 20 years alot of dudes in here will find themselves remembering some ? now they don't really like and realize it wasn't as bad as they thought lol or just the opposite that it wasn't as good as they thought
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats a sad commentary on the state of hip-hop and black culture in general that being in your 30's is considered "old"..... ? kinda ? is that? im 34 and young as ? ...best shape of my life actually.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    hahanope wrote: »
    purpngold wrote: »
    reppin for the 40 and up. im 46

This ? is older that my mom. jesus
    My momma still in her 30s lmao old ?

i dont believe u..post a pic... a full body pic
  • judahxulu
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Older heads, so why did Public Enemy's influence fade out while NWA's image was pushed extra hard?

? ? . Corporate influence. PE was dangerous to the status quo. Their music fell off a little too and it retrospect it was Flav and Griff's fault. ? liked NWA cause they weren't up on the Geto Boys who were on that ? when Dre was draped in sparkly catsuits BUT they actually offered social commentary too. They were conflicted but the ? was genuine. NWA felt like something fresh and they had a degree of semi-social consciousness on the first joint but then was just disgusting on the Niggaz4Life ? . That ? was on purpose though..
  • judahxulu
    Options
    ay rozay.. get off my ? ? ?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shut yo ? ass up then. no one really gives that much of a ? about your age or anyone elses age, muthafuckas in here just yankin yo chain.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    shut yo ? ass up then. no one really gives that much of a ? about your age or anyone elses age, muthafuckas in here just yankin yo chain.
    if you keep addressing me im going pay off some of my naija e-thugs to lock your ? up with ransomwarte. i dont like you ? . if this was real life i'd knock you out and record it. dont make me trace yo ip ? . its something about you i really despise and id like for you to feel mental and physical pain
  • king hassan
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

People don't realize that you really do stay attached to the music of your youth. There's actual reasons for it and why it imprints in our brains so hard. In 20 years alot of dudes in here will find themselves remembering some ? now they don't really like and realize it wasn't as bad as they thought lol or just the opposite that it wasn't as good as they thought

Mos Def, it reminds you of certain things, what you were doing, into and people you met. My pops is 76 and he'll hear a song and can tell you exactly what he was doing at that time when he was bumping it
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im getting there lol 32
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Real ? ..

Albums I'm copping now are mostly 99/2000/2001 and 2002 even '03 both HipHop and RnB and just for nostalgic reasons

Even the music I thought was meh a decade ago, I've re-visited. ..
  • DarthRozay
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    if you keep addressing me im going pay off some of my naija e-thugs to lock your ? up with ransomwarte. i dont like you ? . if this was real life i'd knock you out and record it. dont make me trace yo ip ? . its something about you i really despise and id like for you to feel mental and physical pain

you's a biiiiitch!
  • judahxulu
    Options

you's a biiiiitch!

i warned you ? ... this aint a game
  • DarthRozay
    Options

you's a biiiiitch!

i warned you ? ... this aint a game

got me lookin at the screen like

oh really?

pavatar_106319.jpg
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    38...I don't do politics on here, but I do agree with threadstarter's opening post..
  • king hassan
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Don't mind old heads in here, 56but act like grown man, not like immature muthafuckas. Tired of 40+ dudes still talking about how they in the streets

I know all the old homies on here talk about work familyand normal b.s. never heard one mention street ?
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NWA influence and changed not only Rap but Entertainment in general. It helped set the stage for what can be states on wax and even film i think.