PlayStation 4 Camera Includes Voice Recognition

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    No Windows is not the only OS that allows for multiple apps open in the same window. Again, there are at least three mobile programs that allow for the same thing.

So the question was..."What OS does Sony have that will make this so easy for them to implement?" I never said Windows was the "only" OS that allows multiple applications to be open, but is Sony going to license iOS for PS4? Android? Help me understand...

The answer was that Sony doesn't have to license any of those OS platforms to have something that allows multiple applications to be open. With all the computer developers in the word, you think they can't put together a team that can add that functionality especially given that it's not something new or novel. You act like they have to reinvent the wheel or something.
    lol@ sucka ass ? trying to debate over ? they dont know about.....if the company theirselves havent confirmed it how the hell would you know before them? lol

Who are you talking to? My point the whole time is we don't know because Sony hasn't confirmed.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Windows is not the only OS that allows for multiple apps open in the same window. Again, there are at least three mobile programs that allow for the same thing.

So the question was..."What OS does Sony have that will make this so easy for them to implement?" I never said Windows was the "only" OS that allows multiple applications to be open, but is Sony going to license iOS for PS4? Android? Help me understand...

The answer was that Sony doesn't have to license any of those OS platforms to have something that allows multiple applications to be open. With all the computer developers in the word, you think they can't put together a team that can add that functionality especially given that it's not something new or novel. You act like they have to reinvent the wheel or something

LOL. Then why hasn't Sony done this already? Why do they licence Windows for their laptops and mobile phones? Why haven't they shown this fantastic new OS that, according to you apparently, will be debuting on their gaming console that was announced back in February? OS' don't just grow on trees you know...especially not good ones. So, again...what OS will Sony be using that allows all this advanced functionality?
  • The Lonious Monk

The answer was that Sony doesn't have to license any of those OS platforms to have something that allows multiple applications to be open. With all the computer developers in the word, you think they can't put together a team that can add that functionality especially given that it's not something new or novel. You act like they have to reinvent the wheel or something

LOL. Then why hasn't Sony done this already? Why do they licence Windows for their laptops and mobile phones? Why haven't they shown this fantastic new OS that, according to you apparently, will be debuting on their gaming console that was announced back in February? OS' don't just grow on trees you know...especially not good ones. So, again...what OS will Sony be using that allows all this advanced functionality?

I don't understand your logic. Just because something hasn't been done, it won't be or can't be done? That ? makes no sense. They are primarily a hardware company, so why would they bother making new OS for their laptops and phones? What would it benefit them to try and compete with Windows or Android? They've already shown their OS. I'm not sure what you think multi-window functionality is, but it's not something that couldn't be integrated into what they've already shown. You're making it seem like this is something that is unprecedented and virtually impossible to do.

All of this is besides the point. I'm not saying Sony has that functionality. I'm not even saying its one they care to have. They are clearly marketing their system to be gaming first, so I doubt they think being able to make it so you can play your game while watching tv is even a priority of theirs. But you're being silly if you believe that adding a multi-window functionality is an impossible thing to add to their OS. Hell, I can go on the Android Market right now and find a couple apps from developers with no name that allow me to do that on my phone. So, once again, you're telling me that a company like Sony is incapable of going out there finding some real tried and true developers to do the same thing for their system? FOH.
  • focus
    edited September 2013

I don't understand your logic. Just because something hasn't been done, it won't be or can't be done? That ? makes no sense. They are primarily a hardware company, so why would they bother making new OS for their laptops and phones? What would it benefit them to try and compete with Windows or Android? They've already shown their OS. I'm not sure what you think multi-window functionality is, but it's not something that couldn't be integrated into what they've already shown. You're making it seem like this is something that is unprecedented and virtually impossible to do.

All of this is besides the point. I'm not saying Sony has that functionality. I'm not even saying its one they care to have. They are clearly marketing their system to be gaming first, so I doubt they think being able to make it so you can play your game while watching tv is even a priority of theirs. But you're being silly if you believe that adding a multi-window functionality is an impossible thing to add to their OS. Hell, I can go on the Android Market right now and find a couple apps from developers with no name that allow me to do that on my phone. So, once again, you're telling me that a company like Sony is incapable of going out there finding some real tried and true developers to do the same thing for their system? FOH.

Ummm...that's because Android IS an OS that allows this feature.

And the "snap" feature on XBOX can be used for gaming purposes, like looking up guides or youtube videos. Its also used for the Twitch integration...so it has nothing to do with not being "gaming first" or whatever.

Look, my only questions are...

What OS will Sony be using? Why haven't they built this OS before now (allegedly) or ever shown off this functionality in the past since its so easy to implement and is something their main competitor is promoting heavily?

Can you answer these questions, yes or no?
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2013

Ummm...that's because Android IS an OS that allows this feature.

And the "snap" feature on XBOX can be used for gaming purposes, like looking up guides or youtube videos. Its also used for the Twitch integration...so it has nothing to do with not being "gaming first" or whatever.

Look, my only questions are...

What OS will Sony be using? Why haven't they built this OS before now (allegedly) or ever shown off this functionality in the past since its so easy to implement and is something their main competitor is promoting heavily?

Can you answer these questions, yes or no?

You have no idea what you're talking about. Stock Android does not have that feature. The feature exists only in add-ons. Samsung added it in on their phones. LG put it on one of their phones. A couple completely independent developers came up with something that works similarly. There was nothing in Android that specifically allowed for it to be done, they just have an open architecture that allowed good developers to add it in. The same ? can be done for practically any OS assuming it's not too rigid, and given that Sony has already said they expect their OS to evolve over the lifetime of the system, it's clearly not rigid.

As far as I know, Sony will be using their own proprietary OS made specifically for the PS4. They haven't built the OS before because the PS4 didn't exist before. Your argument is stupid. Again, something not existing or being done before has no bearing on someone's ability to do it. That's like looking at a 2002 Ford's radio and saying that their radios won't have Bluetooth capabilities in 2010 because they've never done it before. That's just stupid and wrong. The PS3 has a very bare bones OS because at the time Sony felt there was no need for anything more complicated. Clearly, with the PS4 they are pushing more functionality in the overall experience. That is all the reason they need to implement something new.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slavery still exists ........ people here working for free for billion dollar corporations
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all what I'm getting from monks titangraphs is none of us kno what ps4 os will do.. neither does he.. lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    So all what I'm getting from monks titangraphs is none of us kno what ps4 os will do.. neither does he.. lol

I've already said that outright.

Now I'm just responding to the nonsense focus is spewing.

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

So if u don't know why even speak on it bruh?
  • focus

Exactly.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So why are you typing so many words... you're defending ? you dont even know about.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @focus...what game is that in yo sig ?
  • focus
    Nate D.O. wrote: »

The new Killer Instinct reboot on XBOX One.

• HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nate D.O. wrote: »

The new Killer Instinct reboot on XBOX One.

goodlookinout !!
  • The Lonious Monk

What have I spoken on? When it comes to specifics, all I said was that none of us have those regarding a whole bunch of things concerning the PS4 so its stupid to make these assumptions about what it can and can't do.

The rest of this discussion has just been me kicking focus' stupid logic regarding what is and what is not possible at this point for the system. Nowhere in this topic have I said spoken on anything like I know exactly what the deal is. That's focus and kang acting like they got some kind of inside insight on the PS4 specs.
  • focus
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    @focus... specifically, why you say XBOXONE > PSIV?

Games >
    Controller >
    Hardware >
    OS >
    Cloud >
    Friends >

• The Lonious Monk
    HyenaKilla wrote: »
    @focus... specifically, why you say XBOXONE > PSIV?

Games >
    Controller >
    Hardware >
    OS >
    Cloud >
    Friends >

The general hardware of the PS4 is pretty much universally agreed to be better than that of the XB1, unless you're talking about the Kinect 2 vs the Eye 2 in which case it would have been smarter just to specify that.

Also, everything coming out points to the PS4 having the same Cloud capabilities at some point.
  • vageneral08

What have I spoken on? When it comes to specifics, all I said was that none of us have those regarding a whole bunch of things concerning the PS4 so its stupid to make these assumptions about what it can and can't do.

The rest of this discussion has just been me kicking focus' stupid logic regarding what is and what is not possible at this point for the system. Nowhere in this topic have I said spoken on anything like I know exactly what the deal is. That's focus and kang acting like they got some kind of inside insight on the PS4 specs.

I mean when focus asked u which OS the ps4 will be using....u couldn't even give a name u said some stuff u read or heard about it which makes no sense....basically in this thread u been comparing what the Xbox one can do to what u THINK the ps4 will do
  • focus
    edited September 2013
    LOL, how did I know certain ? was goin have a problem with a question directed at me specifically regarding why I personally am choosing XBOX One over PS4? LOL
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, how did I know certain ? was goin have a problem with a question directed at me specifically regarding why I personally am choosing XBOX One over PS4? LOL

You are an evil person . This will be the last generation of x-box.

Microsoft must be stopped they are more evil than a combination of O.C.P and WEYLAND-YUTANI
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    USA beat Mexico ..... just about qualified for World Cup

Edit: wrong Thread
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2013

I mean when focus asked u which OS the ps4 will be using....u couldn't even give a name u said some stuff u read or heard about it which makes no sense....basically in this thread u been comparing what the Xbox one can do to what u THINK the ps4 will do

The ? are you talking about? He asked me what the OS was. I said it was Sony's proprietary OS made specifically for the PS4. What you want me to say? It's not Windows or Android or any widely known OS. It's an OS Sony made just for the PS4. And lol @ you making a point of noting it's some ? I heard or read somewhere. Where you getting your info? Are you working for M$ getting ? firsthand? Is Focus doing that? No ya'll ? reading and hearing ? just like me, so what was the point of even saying that?

And where have I compared what I think the PS4 to do with anything? Someone made the claim that they knew for a fact that the PS4 couldn't do the multi-window thing. All I said was that we don't know for a fact anything like that. Focus has been basically arguing that because Sony has never done it, they can't do it. I've been pointing out that's stupid.

I don't know if you're a console dickrider like focus or what, but why waste time coming in here misrepresenting what I say? What does that do for you?
  • vageneral08
    Post a link of sony talking about the OS they're creating for the ps4
  • The Lonious Monk
    I was going by the Dashboard as it is clearly an evolution of the what we see in the PS3 and other "smart" Sony Technology. But I'm glad you asked for the link because my assumptions were wrong.

http://www.vgleaks.com/some-details-about-playstation-4-os-development/

The PS4 OS is called Orbis and is a version of FreeBSD, which is capable of multi-window functionality

VS9AQ.png

So now the ? that Focus is saying is even stupider. And it doesn't mean anything one way or another has far as my point was concerned because I simply maintained that people should stop proclaiming that they know what the PS4 OS can and can't do before anything about it is even revealed.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? this speculation ? .. Imma just wait till both systems out then ? on monk. All his strong points are on future hope and aspirations.. ? sound like a young Obama