Black Christian Folks, How do you feel a redneck calling y'all Uncle Tom?

Options

Comments

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Humans are not special

@zombie

yeah we are.

all other creatures are forced to live in "nature" and are victims of their nature. They change or die with their environment whilst we willingly change our environment to suit us and soon we will be able to change our childrens biology to suit us. No other creature can do this so we are SPECIAL AND fundamentally different from any other creature.

Because of our big brains.

In the cost of what?

Being less hairy, having hard pregnancies, weaker bodies, bad shoulders, and useless scavengers who piggyback on 10% of the population who is actually doing ? .
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Humans are not special

@zombie

yeah we are.

all other creatures are forced to live in "nature" and are victims of their nature. They change or die with their environment whilst we willingly change our environment to suit us and soon we will be able to change our childrens biology to suit us. No other creature can do this so we are SPECIAL AND fundamentally different from any other creature.

Because of our big brains.

In the cost of what?

Being less hairy, having hard pregnancies, weaker bodies, bad shoulders, and useless scavengers who piggyback on 10% of the population who is actually doing ? .

we have easier pregnancies now and our bodies are bigger and strong now being six foot four made you a giant 400 years ago.

the 90% of the population you are calling useless provide the 10% with what is needed for them to be creating what they create. everything you listed only bolsters our specialness.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb needs to read a book, damn
  • Bodhi
    Options
    And what exactly is an educated googler? What's so bad about researching online?? You went to school; did they not teach you how to use a computer? I mean, if you're scared of technology and/or the effort it takes to read through credible articles, pdfs and e-books, go to the library or something. All of this information is free -- that's the best part.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    You are that one that asked the question that didn't pertain to what we are debating, then said that's your point.

Yea, that makes sense.

i basically used u 2 answer/show u my point.. intelegence dont equal evolution..

I been told you that.

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are that one that asked the question that didn't pertain to what we are debating, then said that's your point.

Yea, that makes sense.

i basically used u 2 answer/show u my point.. intelegence dont equal evolution..

I been told you that.

i said that before u did basically..
  • Bodhi
    Options

Yea, that makes sense.

I been told you that.

judging by a lot of his replies, I dont think he actually reads what you all are saying. he might skim it at best.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »

i do...
  • Bodhi
    Options

i do...

what was the last book you read on this subject?
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    And what exactly is an educated googler? What's so bad about researching online?? You went to school; did they not teach you how to use a computer? I mean, if you're scared of technology and/or the effort it takes to read through credible articles, pdfs and e-books, go to the library or something. All of this information is free -- that's the best part.
    an educated googler is basically a dumb smart person.. you think u smart cuz u google some ? that supports yo claim with out the place that source comes from... cuz jus like u can google "why is evolution right" i can google "why is evolution wrong" and get educated theories on evolution..
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    Its like I said then, you made a point of no where, that no one here claim to be true, yet youre also claiming that youre poking these huge holes in science.

Its like if I were trying to disprove math by saying 1+3 = 19, then when the person Im debating, says I agree I start jumping up and down like I proved a point.

It was fun while it lasted.

strawman

You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.

By exaggerating, misrepresenting, or just completely fabricating someone's argument, it's much easier to present your own position as being reasonable, but this kind of dishonesty serves to undermine honest rational debate.

Example: After Will said that we should put more money into health and education, Warren responded by saying that he was surprised that Will hates our country so much that he wants to leave it defenceless by cutting military spending.

• Bodhi
    edited September 2013
    Options
    an educated googler is basically a dumb smart person.. you think u smart cuz u google some ? that supports yo claim with out the place that source comes from... cuz jus like u can google "why is evolution right" i can google "why is evolution wrong" and get educated theories on evolution..

That's why I said credible articles and books; not just a blogger with an opinion. A lot of the links on google are creationists who have an agenda to promote their beliefs. Most of them are just like you. They're arguing against something they don't understand. Once you read about the subject, you'll be able to discern what is right and what is wrong. But you research it to get a better understanding of it. It's actually helpful to read on both sides of an argument so you can make a better judgement on where you want to stand personally. That looks better than arguing something you know nothing about and not giving a ? whether you learn it or not either. How you gonna debate against evolution and you don't even know enough to understand it?
  • Bodhi
    Options

i do...

what was the last book you read on this subject?

• damobb2deep
    Options
    Its like I said then, you made a point of no where, that no one here claim to be true, yet youre also claiming that youre poking these huge holes in science.

Its like if I were trying to disprove math by saying 1+3 = 19, then when the person Im debating, says I agree I start jumping up and down like I proved a point.

It was fun while it lasted.

strawman

You misrepresented someone's argument to make it easier to attack.

By exaggerating, misrepresenting, or just completely fabricating someone's argument, it's much easier to present your own position as being reasonable, but this kind of dishonesty serves to undermine honest rational debate.

Example: After Will said that we should put more money into health and education, Warren responded by saying that he was surprised that Will hates our country so much that he wants to leave it defenceless by cutting military spending.

this is what yall have done with me.. but we will jus do this...

I said I don't believe in evolution because it is a theory not a law....

yall throw all this ? at me to try and prove that this theory is true ( including the definition which it say itself that its basically an educated guess based on other facts) I break it down 2 refute it yall say " I don't kno what im talking bout" when im getting the info from yall lol..

then we get on the whole evolution thing and I say " well if its not in our dna how can we evolve over a period of time.. because if u take the same to constants and mate them over n over ( dogs, cats, human, pigs,) u gone get the same result (dogs, cats, human, pigs)" yall say " you stupid cuz environment has something 2 do with it 2" so then I bring up the whole " well if that's the case blacks are higher evolved then other races because our skin is resistant to harmful sun rays and would keep us warmer in the cold again yall say " im stupid"

honestly ive gotten tired of writing.. but u get the jist of what Im saying..

lol btw ive still yet 2 see one of yall say " yes its holes in theories like it is in religion" and accept that... yall to busy getting on my case... we all know it 2 be true... ive even admitted it... yall wont... which shows yall are honestly the ones that are closed minded rather then the person u tryna prove is close minded lol
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2013
    Options

Yeah and this was said on the 5th page:
    In science Theories are greater than facts. Facts are merely units of information that come and go. For instance, its 8:58 AM right now, but is less than 30 seconds it will be 8:59 AM. See, that's just a unit of information. But a Theory will use an assortment of facts to explain what time is and how it works.

Not even Laws are greater than Theories.

We all know what Gravity is and its proven right? See, at this point a person that doesn't understand science will say YES! Gravity is Proven, that's why we call it " The Law of Gravity". But you would be wrong. Laws are just statements usually expressed with a Mathematical formula (MATH IS A BRANCH OF SCIENCE). Theres a reason were still learning about THE THEORY OF GRAVITY in schools. The Theory attempts to explain why does mass attract mass and many, many more questions we have about Gravity.

What most people don't know is Theories are every where. You have Music Theory, Mathematical Theories, Color Theory, etc, etc, but you would never dismiss Music, Math, or Colors because they are "THEORIES".

Then..
    Gravity is an observable natural phenomenon, Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation is a mathematical representation of that phenomenon, and theories are used to explain how/why the phenomenon of gravity works.

..and you're still saying the same thing like nobody's answered you.
  • BIGG WILL
    edited September 2013
    Options
    But you are stupid when it comes to this. Ive said a few times that mutations drive DNA, so where are you getting this whole concept of it not being our DNA? And yes, our environment does play a role in these changes, or mutations in our DNA which leads to change over time which is evolution.

And stop trying the play the holier than thou card because you have "admitted" that there are holes in religion. If there wasn't anything else to find out in Science there would no longer be scientist. Its a stupid angle youre reaching for.

I asked you point blank would a Chromosomal Fusion show you how change in the DNA equates to evolution and you never responded. Actually theres a lot of good Science information Ive posted that you've never responded too. But I get it, you carefully pick and choose what easy to respond too.
  • damobb2deep
    edited September 2013
    Options
    But you are stupid when it comes to this. Ive said a few times that mutations drive DNA, so where are you getting this whole concept of it not being our DNA? And yes, our environment does play a role in these changes, or mutations in our DNA which leads to change over time which is evolution.

And stop trying the play the holier than thou card because you have "admitted" that there are holes in religion. If there wasn't anything else to find out in Science there would no longer be scientist. Its a stupid angle youre reaching for.

I asked you point blank would a Chromosomal Fusion show you how change in the DNA equates to evolution and you never responded. Actually theres a lot of good Science information Ive posted that you've never responded too. But I get it, you carefully pick and choose what easy to respond too.

never even seen that ? before idk what the ? that is... also I skim titangraphs... I don't wanna seem ignorant and post a "didn't read gif" this ? aint that serious... im not gone change yall mind... n yall aint gone change mines... before this thread derailed I said this.. I also said we wont find out who right till the day we die.. hell we all could be wrong... we all could be right...
  • damobb2deep
    Options

In science Theories are greater than facts. Facts are merely units of information that come and go. For instance, its 8:58 AM right now, but is less than 30 seconds it will be 8:59 AM. See, that's just a unit of information. But a Theory will use an assortment of facts to explain what time is and how it works.

We all know what Gravity is and its proven right? See, at this point a person that doesn't understand science will say YES! Gravity is Proven, that's why we call it " The Law of Gravity". But you would be wrong. Laws are just statements usually expressed with a Mathematical formula (MATH IS A BRANCH OF SCIENCE). Theres a reason were still learning about THE THEORY OF GRAVITY in schools. The Theory attempts to explain why does mass attract mass and many, many more questions we have about Gravity.

What most people don't know is Theories are every where. You have Music Theory, Mathematical Theories, Color Theory, etc, etc, but you would never dismiss Music, Math, or Colors because they are "THEORIES".

Then..
    Gravity is an observable natural phenomenon, Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation is a mathematical representation of that phenomenon, and theories are used to explain how/why the phenomenon of gravity works.

I aint say or mean yall aint answer me... I said theories are educated guesses... and yall posts reflected that...
  • BIGG WILL
    Options

never even seen that ? before idk what the ? that is...

Of course you haven't and you wonder why were telling you that you don't understand Evolution.

? comes full circle...

• damobb2deep
    Options
    question... if theories are greater then fact... then why are there multiple theories 2 explain outer space? big bang, fision, gas cloud, capture ect? they all are greater then fact? they all right?
  • BIGG WILL
    Options

Then..

I aint say or mean yall aint answer me... I said theories are educated guesses... and yall posts reflected that...

Bruh, just because you said that, it doesn't mean its true. Again Theories are the best things in science. If anything was an educated guess, it would be an Hypothesis.

A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. Scientists generally base scientific hypotheses on previous observations that cannot satisfactorily be explained with the available scientific theories. Even though the words "hypothesis" and "theory" are often used synonymously, a scientific hypothesis is not the same as a scientific theory. A scientific hypothesis is a proposed explanation of a phenomenon which still has to be rigorously tested. In contrast, a scientific theory has undergone extensive testing and is generally accepted to be the accurate explanation behind an observation.

• BIGG WILL
    Options
    question... if theories are greater then fact... then why are there multiple theories 2 explain outer space? big bang, fision, gas cloud, capture ect? they all are greater then fact? they all right?

They are not all trying to explain the same thing. Fusion is what happens inside of stars, gas clouds deals with the formation of solar systems and capture deals with gravitational orbits, but the BIG BANG covers all of that and the Origins of the universe.

You are still thinking like an every day person, not like a scientist. Facts are nice, but that don't really tell you anything. A 2 year can tell you theres a Sun in the sky which is a fact, but that's not telling you much.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Then..

Bruh, just because you said that, it doesn't mean its true. Again Theories are the best things in science. If anything was an educated guess, it would be an Hypothesis.

A hypothesis (plural hypotheses) is a proposed explanation for a phenomenon. For a hypothesis to be a scientific hypothesis, the scientific method requires that one can test it. Scientists generally base scientific hypotheses on previous observations that cannot satisfactorily be explained with the available scientific theories. Even though the words "hypothesis" and "theory" are often used synonymously, a scientific hypothesis is not the same as a scientific theory. A scientific hypothesis is a proposed explanation of a phenomenon which still has to be rigorously tested. In contrast, a scientific theory has undergone extensive testing and is generally accepted to be the accurate explanation behind an observation.

and the same can be said about the ? u sayin dawg..

and again how can u have multiple theories 2 explain the same thing if they are so concrete n fact..
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    Every thing Im saying can be back up though. Youre just disagreeing with you fail you understand.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Every thing Im saying can be back up though. Youre just disagreeing with you fail you understand.

im disagreeing with things that don't make sense... jus cuz something can be backed up don't mean it makes sense..
This discussion has been closed.