Black Christian Folks, How do you feel a redneck calling y'all Uncle Tom?

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were being objective and provided you information, there was nothing subjective about this. Evolution as a whole is objective, factual, not based on belief, but with sound evidence, whether it be DNA, RNA, bone, physical looks and etc. This is a phenemomen that occures naturally in nature. We answered your questions and you didn't want to accept them, so this is a matter of belief to you vs facing reality.

I couldn't believe we went so long telling you what a scientific theory was when you could hop skip to google and even go to google play and bought a book on a entry to science 101 and you would realize we were telling you the truth. I learned this in elementary and reinforced in middle school, but I went to a hood school which wasn't reinforced or discussed about so I understand your education background.

Go and read science books for a while and then come back and discuss.

"I only debate with my equals, all others I teach" - Dr. John Henrik Clarke

but yall are saying that a theory is greater then fact (smh) but there are multiple theories to explain 1 situation ( evolution, the universe ect) how can they all be right?
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, come on man
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir, please read and research.

Not one person in this thread has said scientific theory is greater than fact. It's a bunch of facts which are tested over time. You are speaking about something you know nothing about. You have no idea what science is, you have no idea over the religion you are defending is about, it's like you trying to debate a Japanese man on how to speak japanese when you do not know japanese.

This is ridiculous.
  • damobb2deep
    edited September 2013
    Sir, please read and research.

Not one person in this thread has said scientific theory is greater than fact. It's a bunch of facts which are tested over time. You are speaking about something you know nothing about. You have no idea what science is, you have no idea over the religion you are defending is about, it's like you trying to debate a Japanese man on how to speak japanese when you do not know japanese.

This is ridiculous.

BIGG WILL wrote: »
    In science Theories are greater than facts. Facts are merely units of information that come and go. For instance, its 8:58 AM right now, but is less than 30 seconds it will be 8:59 AM. See, that's just a unit of information. But a Theory will use an assortment of facts to explain what time is and how it works.

Not even Laws are greater than Theories.

We all know what Gravity is and its proven right? See, at this point a person that doesn't understand science will say YES! Gravity is Proven, that's why we call it " The Law of Gravity". But you would be wrong. Laws are just statements usually expressed with a Mathematical formula (MATH IS A BRANCH OF SCIENCE). Theres a reason were still learning about THE THEORY OF GRAVITY in schools. The Theory attempts to explain why does mass attract mass and many, many more questions we have about Gravity.

What most people don't know is Theories are every where. You have Music Theory, Mathematical Theories, Color Theory, etc, etc, but you would never dismiss Music, Math, or Colors because they are "THEORIES".

thank bigg will
  • BIGG WILL
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, understand what a theory is in science.

Then, understand what evolution is.

It's not hard, bruh. Most people don't understand it anyway and fear it's understanding because they think "humans evolved from monkeys", which is NOT true.

Once you can even get a basic idea of these things, you'll understand it better.
  • damobb2deep
    VIBE wrote: »

It's not hard, bruh. Most people don't understand it anyway and fear it's understanding because they think "humans evolved from monkeys", which is NOT true.

Once you can even get a basic idea of these things, you'll understand it better.

bruh we are all mammals (monkeys, apes, humans, gorillas) so if we essentially all came from the same thing we came from "monkeys" (not literally but still)
  • VIBE
    We are great apes.
  • BIGG WILL

bruh we are all mammals (monkeys, apes, humans, gorillas) so if we essentially all came from the same thing we came from "monkeys" (not literally but still)

Well, let me tell you something else youre not going to understand. You don't even know what an APE is.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

915701.gif

• damobb2deep

Well, let me tell you something else youre not going to understand. You don't even know what an APE is.

apes are what we all are.... mister theory is greater then fact..
  • BIGG WILL

Congrats, the 1st thing you've been right about in 16 pages.

I guess, you didn't watch the video....

• BIGG WILL
    Definitions of Fact, Theory, and Law in Scientific Work

Science uses specialized terms that have different meanings than everyday usage. These definitions correspond to the way scientists typically use these terms in the context of their work. Note, especially, that the meaning of “theory” in science is different than the meaning of “theory” in everyday conversation.

•Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true.” Truth in science, however, is never final and what is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.

•Hypothesis: A tentative statement about the natural world leading to deductions that can be tested. If the deductions are verified, the hypothesis is provisionally corroborated. If the deductions are incorrect, the original hypothesis is proved false and must be abandoned or modified. Hypotheses can be used to build more complex inferences and explanations.

•Law: A descriptive generalization about how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances.

•Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.

Theory includes everything. But you still don't get it.
  • damobb2deep

Congrats, the 1st thing you've been right about in 16 pages.

I guess, you didn't watch the video....

nope... sholl didn't

*does the money dance*

I say this every page damn near... this ? is not that serious... yall have yall beliefs I have mines... we not gone change our minds in a ? hip hop forum.. ive been right about ? ... yall have too..

btw the way yall talk either yall educated googlers or all have masters/ doctorates in science... which still aint ? imo lol..

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You saying a humans are humans is like saying Chimpanzees are chimpanzees.

We are in the ape family, we're still apes and we will never stop being apes.

Are we clear?
  • damobb2deep
    Definitions of Fact, Theory, and Law in Scientific Work

Science uses specialized terms that have different meanings than everyday usage. These definitions correspond to the way scientists typically use these terms in the context of their work. Note, especially, that the meaning of “theory” in science is different than the meaning of “theory” in everyday conversation.

•Fact: In science, an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as “true.” Truth in science, however, is never final and what is accepted as a fact today may be modified or even discarded tomorrow.

•Hypothesis: A tentative statement about the natural world leading to deductions that can be tested. If the deductions are verified, the hypothesis is provisionally corroborated. If the deductions are incorrect, the original hypothesis is proved false and must be abandoned or modified. Hypotheses can be used to build more complex inferences and explanations.

•Law: A descriptive generalization about how some aspect of the natural world behaves under stated circumstances.

•Theory: In science, a well-substantiated explanation (educated) of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses.(guess)

Theory includes everything. But you still don't get it.

fixed
  • BIGG WILL
    Not trying to change your mind, I just enjoy the challenge of making people appear to be less stupid. Mybad, I still gotta get better at it.
  • damobb2deep
    ohhhla wrote: »
    You saying a humans are humans is like saying Chimpanzees are chimpanzees.

We are in the ape family, we're still apes and we will never stop being apes.

Are we clear?

lol I never disagreed with that?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobb, what do you think the definition of an ape is?

Do you know what "Hominidae" is?

Just because we don't fling poo, eat bugs, and have orgies all days doesn't make us less of an ape.

We've been reformed from all that.

Your ancestors were different from you.

Your descendants will be different from you too.
  • damobb2deep
    nobody has explained 2 me how u can have multiple theories about the same thing if theories are so concrete ( which if u read the definitions show they are not and all can be proven wrong at some point in time)
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let this thread die, this is really sad. Christianity done a number in this group, that's why we got to keep getting foreigners in our land to keep us ahead of the scientific curve or we'll get stomped. I'm glad Africans are getting more educated, because we truly can't we rely the diaspora in America.
  • BIGG WILL
    nobody has explained 2 me how u can have multiple theories about the same thing if theories are so concrete ( which if u read the definitions show they are not and all can be proven wrong at some point in time)
    question... if theories are greater then fact... then why are there multiple theories 2 explain outer space? big bang, fision, gas cloud, capture ect? they all are greater then fact? they all right?

They are not all trying to explain the same thing. Fusion is what happens inside of stars, gas clouds deals with the formation of solar systems and capture deals with gravitational orbits, but the BIG BANG covers all of that and the Origins of the universe.

You are still thinking like an every day person, not like a scientist. Facts are nice, but that don't really tell you anything. A 2 year can tell you theres a Sun in the sky which is a fact, but that's not telling you much.

PAGE 14.
  • damobb2deep
    Let this thread die, this is really sad. Christianity done a number in this group, that's why we got to keep getting foreigners in our land to keep us ahead of the scientific curve or we'll get stomped. I'm glad Africans are getting more educated, because we truly can't we rely the diaspora in America.

lol @ this post... u must not kno Africa is even more religious then America...

on the net u might seem "bigger then u are" but atheism is VERY small part of the worlds population

there are billions of people on this earth and id say 95% or more of them have SOME type of religious belief..
  • VIBE
  • damobb2deep
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Mobb, what do you think the definition of an ape is?

Do you know what "Hominidae" is?

Just because we don't fling poo, eat bugs, and have orgies all days doesn't make us less of an ape.

We've been reformed from all that.

Your ancestors were different from you.

Your descendants will be different from you too.

SHOW ME WHERE I SAID WE WASSNT A DAMN APE!!! I ? AGREED WITH U!!! SMH
This discussion has been closed.