Black Christian Folks, How do you feel a redneck calling y'all Uncle Tom?

1101112131416»

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Not trying to change your mind, I just enjoy the challenge of making people appear to be less stupid. Mybad, I still gotta get better at it.

I honestly enjoy the challenge of seeing how deep into science "atheist" are..

and I like seeing how " out of touch" most "atheist" are.. the thirst 4 " knowledge" becomes so overwhelming you have 2 have an answer 4 everything.. not all things in this world is logical.. there are contradicting things in science yet because it states some type of answer 2 a certain question u cling 2 it ( same can be said about religion)... that's the whole thing I was tryna say from the start but yall got so hell bent on showing me " facts" ( which can be proven wrong by yall definition) will get mad cuz I had a common sense rebuttal...

• BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    You have a lot of misconceptions about science.

According to the Vatican Information Service in a news release on October 23, 1996, Pope John Paul II was reported as saying that evolution is "more than just a theory." This seems to mean, despite the tenuous wording, that he now considers evolution a scientific fact. His written message to his science advisers, the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, speaks of "a series of discoveries made in different spheres of knowledge" which have convinced him to make this bold statement supporting evolution and suggesting that his millions of followers do the same.

The Pope has weighed into the age-old debate between religion and science over the universe's origins, telling worshipers gathered at St. Peter's Basilica that ? was behind the Big Bang.

See, following science does not equals Atheism. The most Well Known religious leader(s) in the world have accepted science. You can TOO!

and to note, the pope still doesn't understand the law vs fact vs theory issue.
  • damobb2deep
    You have a lot of misconceptions about science.

According to the Vatican Information Service in a news release on October 23, 1996, Pope John Paul II was reported as saying that evolution is "more than just a theory." This seems to mean, despite the tenuous wording, that he now considers evolution a scientific fact. His written message to his science advisers, the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, speaks of "a series of discoveries made in different spheres of knowledge" which have convinced him to make this bold statement supporting evolution and suggesting that his millions of followers do the same.

The Pope has weighed into the age-old debate between religion and science over the universe's origins, telling worshipers gathered at St. Peter's Basilica that ? was behind the Big Bang.

See, following science does not equals Atheism. The most Well Known religious leader(s) in the world have accepted science. You can TOO!

and to note, the pope still doesn't understand the law vs fact vs theory issue.

the origin on science comes from religion.. I kno this.. ive said this before in other threads... also ive said lots of scientist are religious people..

yet the ic as a whole disagrees with me on that.. even tho I provided proof..
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again Africa is another example of foolish religions running amuck they had a an atheist religion where it was nature being worshipped not some supernatural ? .
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »
    Mobb, what do you think the definition of an ape is?

Do you know what "Hominidae" is?

Just because we don't fling poo, eat bugs, and have orgies all days doesn't make us less of an ape.

We've been reformed from all that.

Your ancestors were different from you.

Your descendants will be different from you too.

SHOW ME WHERE I SAID WE WASSNT A DAMN APE!!! I ? AGREED WITH U!!! SMH

I apologize for that.

So, you accept Evolution as the truth right?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Again Africa is another example of foolish religions running amuck they had a an atheist religion where it was nature being worshipped not some supernatural ? .

You don't know what you are talking about most african tribes DID NOT worship nature AFRICAN PEOPLE have always believed in some kind of ? . Africa is the birth place of monotheism
  • damobb2deep

Just because we don't fling poo, eat bugs, and have orgies all days doesn't make us less of an ape.

I apologize for that.

no i dont accept evolution as truth.. i accept it as a theory with truth 2 it..
  • damobb2deep
    nobody has explained 2 me how u can have multiple theories about the same thing if theories are so concrete ( which if u read the definitions show they are not and all can be proven wrong at some point in time)
    question... if theories are greater then fact... then why are there multiple theories 2 explain outer space? big bang, fision, gas cloud, capture ect? they all are greater then fact? they all right?

They are not all trying to explain the same thing. Fusion is what happens inside of stars, gas clouds deals with the formation of solar systems and capture deals with gravitational orbits, but the BIG BANG covers all of that and the Origins of the universe.

You are still thinking like an every day person, not like a scientist. Facts are nice, but that don't really tell you anything. A 2 year can tell you theres a Sun in the sky which is a fact, but that's not telling you much.

PAGE 14.

im going 2 think like an everyday person cuz thats what i am lol.. also i aint see this post.. also that would mean all those theories would have the same problems that the big bang theory has with its logic..
  • Ajackson17
    edited September 2013
    zombie wrote: »

You don't know what you are talking about most african tribes DID NOT worship nature AFRICAN PEOPLE have always believed in some kind of ? . Africa is the birth place of monotheism

Check out Dr. John G Jackson

http://youtu.be/i5J6ukd1ioc

Nature and a supreme being go hand to hand, but not in the mindset of the Euro translation of what a deity accounts for.

@zombie
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    So how much of science do you consider "theories with truth to it"?

I'm curious as to how far you go with this.
  • ohhhla
    Africa is also the birth of polytheism.

@zombie

Your move
  • Ajackson17

@zombie

Your move

True, as well, but they were all just one part of one conception and being. Down the line polytheism grew, but it looking like monotheism maybe was first from archaeological and from a historic view. To be honest the more we are learning about the ancient world, we really didn't know jack ? about them, they were probably more complicated than us in regards to philosophies and thinking.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this thread is still going on.... The funniest thing about these threads is the Christians that don't post. I wonder what they think.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

I apologize for that.

You one gleefully ignorant ape. You wasted 2-3 days of people's time as we honestly tried to explain evolution to you but you refuse to even look into it.

This is what cats like Neil DeGrasse Tyson talk about when they diss the religious, you have shut your brain off and decided that no amount of explanation or discussion will enlighten you. It's not that people are trying to change your point of view wr just tryna explain what the hell evolution is!

You just an obtuse, thick skilled ? . I wish there was a ? so I could pray you don't reproduce an burden your children with that garbage.

There's nothing cool about being scientifically illiterate, and it doesn't progress society, all it does is hold people down.

Sometimes I think people like you hate things like the Big Bang and evolution because if you actually took some time to learn it and how it relates to the universe it would destroy your belief system. You stay ignorant of it because you fear it.

This thread should have been locked days ago.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ajackson17
    Theodis wrote: »
    i moved it.

if it's moved back to G&S, a month long ban follows.

You should really close this @theodis
  • ohhhla
  • damobb2deep
    jono wrote: »

I apologize for that.

You one gleefully ignorant ape. You wasted 2-3 days of people's time as we honestly tried to explain evolution to you but you refuse to even look into it.

This is what cats like Neil DeGrasse Tyson talk about when they diss the religious, you have shut your brain off and decided that no amount of explanation or discussion will enlighten you. It's not that people are trying to change your point of view wr just tryna explain what the hell evolution is!

You just an obtuse, thick skilled ? . I wish there was a ? so I could pray you don't reproduce an burden your children with that garbage.

There's nothing cool about being scientifically illiterate, and it doesn't progress society, all it does is hold people down.

Sometimes I think people like you hate things like the Big Bang and evolution because if you actually took some time to learn it and how it relates to the universe it would destroy your belief system. You stay ignorant of it because you fear it.

This thread should have been locked days ago.

it wont destroy my belief system... it may destoyed yall belief system but not mines... i have said before religion is the origin of science so all the ? yall think yall kno u have religion 2 thank 4 that.. and again the more u search the more questions u will have.. imo

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@zombie

Your move

There is nothing to move. I agree with you both statements don't cancel each other out.
This discussion has been closed.