THE MOST RANDOM SH*T I'VE EVER SEEN HAPPEN IN A GAME.

Options
PILL_COSBY
PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in IllGaming
So I'm playing G.T.A 5 right. I was just walking down the street enjoying being back in cali looking for grove street and......................... ? DAYUMN!!!!! some cats in a ? van pulled up, hopped out and snatched a ? up.Threw her in the van and smashed off right in front of me WTF!!!!!!!!? ? had me rolling lol I was not ready for that. the most random ? in any game of all time!!! I was stuck like "what the ? did I just see happen". It happened so fast lol.
enhanced-buzz-16805-1367592867-7.jpg
Feminist bout to go ham when they see this ? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Name something as random as that in any other game? Prove me wrong!

Comments

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thats was "random" to you, but put in the game on purpose, they are called random events.

/thread
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this was about weird glitches or something. one time playing red dead redemtion I shot a horse and it went flyin to space. Lol ? horse
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cracked had this article where they talked about some game where it was basically coded into the game that all the NPCs have lives even when you're not interacting with them. And basically as a result, random ? like the incident in the OP would happen all the time.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    They bout to try and ban G.T.A again lol. As soon as the feminist get word of this it's gonna be a problem.
    Cracked had this article where they talked about some game where it was basically coded into the game that all the NPCs have lives even when you're not interacting with them. And basically as a result, random ? like the incident in the OP would happen all the time.
    What game was this? This is truly the first time I seen or heard about this ? . I used to be a ? gamer and I have seen and heard of a lot of ? . It was probably some lame ass computer game.

I mean, the ? was random as ? and completely unexpected. Whoever thought about putting that ? in is a ? fool.

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yep, it is Oblivion. Here's the Cracked write-up.
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was the first open-world role-playing game to harness the unlimited might of a next generation gaming system to transport players into a gorgeously rendered fantasy world beyond their wildest imaginations. This is another way of saying the game is full of cockeyed plebeians with smashed-in faces and terrible skin.

189573_v1.jpg

"The shrieks of children forever echo in my malformed ears."

But don't laugh -- every single one of those ancillary background characters with the ? features of sharpened turds leads an entire life completely separate from the player. Every guard, baker, blacksmith, and highwayman wakes up, eats breakfast, goes to work, ? with their friends, then goes home and goes to bed, whether you are there to see them do it or not.

See, instead of just following a script like non-player characters in most video games, every NPC in Oblivion has a built-in list of needs he or she has to fulfill -- food, sleep, ? -nabbing, etc. If you and your Level 14 Orc Shaman happen to interrupt any one of those needs, say by breaking into an NPC's house and stealing all of his food, the NPC will venture out into the world to find more food for himself. He may get killed by a monster, robbed by a thief, or killed and robbed by a monster thief, or simply return home with a loaf of bread. And in all likelihood, you will never see any of it happen.

189574_v1.jpg

"I just stabbed four peasants with a sharpened loaf of bread."

Check out this video -- a lizard woman creeps through the street and picks some lady's pocket, then gets chased by the city guard for like 20 minutes until he finally corners her in her own house and slashes her to death with the king's justice. The player does absolutely nothing to influence any of this; he's just running around like the COPS cameraman trying to keep all the action in frame.

Then there's Roderic Pierrane, an NPC who, if you follow him around (like any heroic adventurer would), you will see sneak out of the house he shares with his wife once a week to go sleep in the bed of another woman.

189576_v1.jpg

"Player's gotta play."

Roderic is utterly inconsequential to the game in every way -- you can't buy anything from him, he doesn't play a part in any quest, and he doesn't tell you a single worthwhile piece of information. Yet the programmers of Oblivion decided to give him (and literally hundreds of others) a unique "life" that will carry itself out regardless of whether or not you ever interact with him. This must be similar to the way Brad Pitt feels when he goes to film a movie in Muncie, Indiana, and discovers that there are entire cities that exist outside of his influence.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_20538_6-games-that-put-insane-detail-into-stuff-you-didnt-notice_p2.html#ixzz2fJafuzj5

That ? is pretty crazy when you really think about it.
  • PILL_COSBY
    Options
    Yep, it is Oblivion. Here's the Cracked write-up.
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was the first open-world role-playing game to harness the unlimited might of a next generation gaming system to transport players into a gorgeously rendered fantasy world beyond their wildest imaginations. This is another way of saying the game is full of cockeyed plebeians with smashed-in faces and terrible skin.

189573_v1.jpg

"The shrieks of children forever echo in my malformed ears."

But don't laugh -- every single one of those ancillary background characters with the ? features of sharpened turds leads an entire life completely separate from the player. Every guard, baker, blacksmith, and highwayman wakes up, eats breakfast, goes to work, ? with their friends, then goes home and goes to bed, whether you are there to see them do it or not.

See, instead of just following a script like non-player characters in most video games, every NPC in Oblivion has a built-in list of needs he or she has to fulfill -- food, sleep, ? -nabbing, etc. If you and your Level 14 Orc Shaman happen to interrupt any one of those needs, say by breaking into an NPC's house and stealing all of his food, the NPC will venture out into the world to find more food for himself. He may get killed by a monster, robbed by a thief, or killed and robbed by a monster thief, or simply return home with a loaf of bread. And in all likelihood, you will never see any of it happen.

189574_v1.jpg

"I just stabbed four peasants with a sharpened loaf of bread."

Check out this video -- a lizard woman creeps through the street and picks some lady's pocket, then gets chased by the city guard for like 20 minutes until he finally corners her in her own house and slashes her to death with the king's justice. The player does absolutely nothing to influence any of this; he's just running around like the COPS cameraman trying to keep all the action in frame.

Then there's Roderic Pierrane, an NPC who, if you follow him around (like any heroic adventurer would), you will see sneak out of the house he shares with his wife once a week to go sleep in the bed of another woman.

189576_v1.jpg

"Player's gotta play."

Roderic is utterly inconsequential to the game in every way -- you can't buy anything from him, he doesn't play a part in any quest, and he doesn't tell you a single worthwhile piece of information. Yet the programmers of Oblivion decided to give him (and literally hundreds of others) a unique "life" that will carry itself out regardless of whether or not you ever interact with him. This must be similar to the way Brad Pitt feels when he goes to film a movie in Muncie, Indiana, and discovers that there are entire cities that exist outside of his influence.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_20538_6-games-that-put-insane-detail-into-stuff-you-didnt-notice_p2.html#ixzz2fJafuzj5

That ? is pretty crazy when you really think about it.
    LOL nice! too bad that game wasn't all that fun though. Skyrim was cool though, nothing to go crazy over. But this sitll aint got ? on no ? van though lol!

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mentioned this in the other GTA V thread, but I was running from the cops......crashed at an intersection.....hopped out and started busting at the cops ( you know...typical GTA mayhem ). Everybody scatters and screams as usual. I look out the corner of my eye and see one person whip out their cell phone and start recording the entire incident. ? was random af.

<<INSERT ANY BETHESDA ELDER SCROLL OR FALLOUT GAMES>>>...........can't remember any specific ones off the top of my head, but they always have some of the craziest glitches & wtf moments.