Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Options
ROFL.GUY
ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
= GOAT show....

appreciates**

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? your thread ?
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    ? your thread ?

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last night's episode was packed to the brim with quotables.
  • Broddie
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-a-lga.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1239672_200630923448336_1767883047_n.jpg[/img]

TV line of the year.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wednesday now?
  • Broddie
    Options
    Been on Wednesday this entire season (3 episodes deep so far). It's not on FX anymore it's on FXX.
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    last night's was beyond hillarious
    completely ? on reward shows and sitcom conventions in typical sunny irreverent fashion
  • Broddie
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This entire season they've been doing what the best comedy is supposed to do. Sharp social commentary on everything from society to pop culture. From playing a joke on all the viewers who have said the show has fallen off and gotten low brow with the first episode to their take on the whole gun control debate that has been in everyone's mouths since Trayvon Martin with last week's show. They've been firing on all cylinders.

This last episode was no exception. The metatext was sharp as hell last night. I can't even tell you how many times I've found myself stuck in some tacky "hipster" bar playing "Call Me Baby" and Taylor Swift songs in the past couple of years whenever I've had to hang around white crowds.

The shots at emmy darling The Office were on point too especially the "will they or won't they" jabs at Jim and Pam. Made even better when Mac and Dee subverted it by having Mac choke a ? . I got sick of that show by season 2 because of that and it did indeed become as sterile and light as the bar SUDZ was. Nice touch having a member of that show's cast as the bar manager to further drive the point home. Hell like someone pointed out to me over at SHH to take it further it was a deconstruction of "soap sitcoms" in general like Friends or Big Bang Theory and not just The Office hence the name Sudz.

Then when they go "black bars don't win awards for some reason" I immediately thought of a black show that was always snubbed (The Wire) and then boom they throw Cutty from that show in there too. The "artsy" bar (Mad Men) that wins lots of awards but has little patrons (viewers) and of course "the bar that opened down the street" that got awards attention was Louie.

Overall one of the most clever pieces of writing I've seen on TV in a while.
  • Sicky Mouse
    Sicky Mouse Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    This entire season they've been doing what the best comedy is supposed to do. Sharp social commentary on everything from society to pop culture. From playing a joke on all the viewers who have said the show has fallen off and gotten low brow with the first episode to their take on the whole gun control debate that has been in everyone's mouths since Trayvon Martin with last week's show. They've been firing on all cylinders.

This last episode was no exception. The metatext was sharp as hell last night. I can't even tell you how many times I've found myself stuck in some tacky "hipster" bar playing "Call Me Baby" and Taylor Swift songs in the past couple of years whenever I've had to hang around white crowds.

The shots at emmy darling The Office were on point too especially the "will they or won't they" jabs at Jim and Pam. Made even better when Mac and Dee subverted it by having Mac choke a ? . I got sick of that show by season 2 because of that and it did indeed become as sterile and light as the bar SUDZ was. Nice touch having a member of that show's cast as the bar manager to further drive the point home. Hell like someone pointed out to me over at SHH to take it further it was a deconstruction of "soap sitcoms" in general like Friends or Big Bang Theory and not just The Office hence the name Sudz.

Then when they go "black bars don't win awards for some reason" I immediately thought of a black show that was always snubbed (The Wire) and then boom they throw Cutty from that show in there too. The "artsy" bar (Mad Men) that wins lots of awards but has little patrons (viewers) and of course "the bar that opened down the street" that got awards attention was Louie.

Overall one of the most clever pieces of writing I've seen on TV in a while.

? man, i had no idea all that was going on. i just thought they were making fun of other bars. i'm going to re-watch...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What bad was Louie and why?"?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rofl at Cutty from the Wire