OTTB Rates: The Miz

Young Gunner
Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in Off The Turn Buckle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu3xtlSQvjs

I'll try to make this a series with random wrestlers and have discussions on what their legacy is. Where do you rank Mike "The Miz" Mizanin? He's been in the WWE close to 10 years now which is proly longer than what most people would have gave him. He's kind of a tricky wrestler to grade imo

Stats/Accomplishments:
WWE Champion
2x IC Champion
3X WWE Tag Team Champion
2x US Champion
2x World Tag Team Champion
Money In The Bank winner (2010)
Triple Crowd Winner
Most Improved Wrestler (2008, 2009)
Tag Team Of The Year (2008)

OTTB Rates: The Miz 16 votes

Hall Of Famer
0%
Not A Hall Of Famer
6%
blackkevblazini 1 vote
Overrated
31%
herbalism101Cymicaldaneillestni99ainneVIBEgenocidecutter 5 votes
Underated
0%
Other
62%
sobekwillhustlejonoBroddieTrill Gate$Mr.LVYoung GunnerSour-CreamPeezy_JenkinsGhost313 10 votes

Comments

• Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    da miz is ? as ? !
    rjynjw.jpg
    5375021525_10e8ed53de_z.jpg
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Miz improved alot over the years but he still comes off as a mark that managed to actually make it. It's part of his appeal but its also apart of why hes not believable as a character.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    not quite a hall of famer, but he could b, he didnt come up like an indy darling but he has a passion and love for wrestling and has improved, and i dont like him as a face but thought he was a very good heel for years
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Tries too hard on the mic and comes off as someone who thinks he's better then he is on it.
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    I can go on for days about this untalented ? ....He's terrible in the ring...People claim Cena cant wrestle? THIS dude cannot wrestle....He's one dimensional, His mic antics is that of a prep school frat boy and his work level is sub par. Where he is now (after a huge push) is proof of that. Even a co sign from Flair aint get him anywhere.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Miz is a triple crowd champ (something Cena or the Undertaker haven't done). I think he has overachieved at this point
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    Miz is a triple crowd champ (something Cena or the Undertaker haven't done). I think he has overachieved at this point

Ya, and he's the least talented of the 25 that can claim that accolade. I wouldnt say he has overachieved, I would say he's been overpushed. He doesnt belong in the ring, he belongs on red carpets and overseas tours......
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can't believe this guy headlined a Wrestlemania. Not only that, he went over.

Think of the names of Wrestlemania headliners.

Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Austin, Rock, Taker, Cena..... and The Miz?

That don't even sound right
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    I tried to give the guy a chance, his gimmick isn't all that horrible, whatever it is, but it's the way he comes off; he's cheesy.

He also looks like a gopher with Down syndrome.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    It's embarrassing how bigger his new finishing move is than he is. WWE need to stop trying to make The Miz happen.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never liked him, even from the real world
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's better as a heel but he can't wrestle worth ? though
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not A Hall Of Famer
    He was more tolerable and better on the mic as a heel, IMO.

His face character is wack and VERY forced, and this ? done botched the setup for the figure 4 enough to have his own Botchmania episode.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Better than most of WWE's talent to be honest. Majority of them ? suck donkey ? .
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overrated
    Decent midcarder. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    A ? in the ring and on the mic
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Garbage. Stephanie McMahon overstated his importance when she buried him.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Other
    Hmm... I really have no idea what I can truly say about The Miz other then his run as a face has been absolutely...? ! In all honesty, I still believe until this day that John Morrison should have gotten the push that Miz received or been either WWE or World Champion before the Miz got there. I'll give credit where credit is due but, lets face facts Miz will never be "The Guy" like Hogan, Rock, Austin, or Cena in WWE. I hate to say it I don't see Miz winning another World Championship in his career. Dude is going to be in mid-card status the rest of his career in WWE b/c that title run he had from November 2010 - May 2011 will probably be his only WWE Championship reign unless things get very bad in WWE where they barely have main event guys (which I ever doubt will happen) or they just totally do a 360 with his character (or give him an actual gimmick).

I'll say this though when it comes to The Miz I think he's a very good guy to use for PR events or in general he didn't do to bad with that when he had his run as champion. As far as the OTTB poll options in this thread goes... Miz is not a hall of famer by any means then again, WWE puts anybody (KoKo B. Ware) in their Hall of Fame so more then likely in about 15 - 20 yrs Miz will be in the WWE H.O.F. just b/c it's WWE.