Is everyone on the IC prepared? Op-Ed: Get Ready for a Government Shutdown

Options
2»

Comments

• BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah certain states might get shut down.. Dc...maryland va, w.va and delaware, is on the top list. They got foreign troops in this region.

what I think deceive alot of people is they think democrats and republicans are fighting over welfare and the working class / wealthy class issues. It's bigger than that. Democrats are not fighting for welfare, and republicans do not stand for the rich. Republican party is mainly racist and uses the minorities for TOKENS. They want WHITE SUPREMACY GOVERNMENT RULERSHIP. This isn't about the welfare state. They don't care who is rich or poor, they just want the country ruled by white supremacist. They let their hatred blind them from how it destroy a nation. They don't want to end Modern Day slavery. The democracy is fighting for peoples rights, black white, asian etc... The democracy is about humanity. The only reason why the republicans agreed to end old slavery was because they created a way to modernize it. They don't want to end slavery all together.

The republicans believe in inslaving majority of people and only let a minority live in so called freedom. So it isnt only about race, because they have inslaved their own race as well. but they don't want the african american race to gain majority control in the politics. They don't care if it's alot of african american entertainers, and athletes.. but politics is too much control. so don't think your in with the republicans because they shake your hand and listen to black music or entertainment. They don't care about that type of power.. if you ever get involved in politics thats the field they show their real bigamist colors.

• BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My job safe! .. .. for now
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    Options
    on top of that it's the coming of ISON. Either or, something historical and devastating is amongst us.

http://youtu.be/GIzwyUrHUzo
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i live in texas which is a gift and a curse for these type of situations
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont work for the government.

Provider i work for does though.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol only thing getting shut down is citizens no longer being able to afford health coverage...some of these rich folk are sad souls, but its gon be interesting to see all the craziness and lies that spring up in thr next few days.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as the IC don't shut down then I'll be cool
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got enough guns and ammo for whatever... Let this ? burn
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Ted Bundy wrote: »
    I got enough guns and ammo for whatever... Let this ? burn

Well, the cops and military services would still be in operation.

Just all the "non-essential" services would be shut down, which directly affect poor folk and people of color.
    it all starts with non essential things then slowly begin to eat away at other facets.

• Slim85
    Slim85 Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Republicans love playing this game every few months. They don't get everything they want, so they step to the American people everyday for weeks on some "Because of Obama refusing to work with us, you're ? in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." Then at midnight right before a shutdown, they avert the shutdown. Rethugs give zero ? bout the citizens of this country.

These are the same people that voted against the 9/11 First Responders Bill, gave no ? about doubling student interest rates, and have voted multiple times to cut unemployment benefits right before Christmas. They don't just do it to protect their contributions from big Wall Street and Oil corps, they get a sense of enjoyment and accomplishment in making people suffer.

That's why I'm mad son.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People talkin all the doom n gloom are the ones who have no clue what it means Lol

A hint of what it really means are the examples in the opening post: Passport services and Yellowstone park. For most people it will just be a minor incovenience at best.

It really is only affecting the people who wont be working. If you a GS13 makin 100k, 3 days down is almost a G...1 week is around 2 Gs...And considering the other, completely unrelated Sequestration, there's a good chance they WONT be paid back (In 1995 govt workers eventually got paid for their time off)
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    People talkin all the doom n gloom are the ones who have no clue what it means Lol

A hint of what it really means are the examples in the opening post: Passport services and Yellowstone park. For most people it will just be a minor incovenience at best.

It really is only affecting the people who wont be working. If you a GS13 makin 100k, 3 days down is almost a G...1 week is around 2 Gs...And considering the other, completely unrelated Sequestration, there's a good chance they WONT be paid back (In 1995 govt workers eventually got paid for their time off)

A long-time government shut down really isn't good and is something that you don't want.

Oh definitely, but i'm assuming nothing more than a few days