Lil' Cease Says The Notorious B.I.G. Distrusted Michael Jackson Around Kids

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in The Reason
95bbnbjm.jpg

Lil' Cease recently spoke about The Notorious B.I.G.'s contribution to Michael Jackson's "This Time Around," a collaborative selection that appeared on 1995's HIStory: Past, Present And Future Book I.

"I remember we was in [Los Angeles]," Lil' Cease said in a recent appearance at Cipha Sounds Presents: Take It Personal. "He got a call from [Diddy] to go record the record with Michael Jackson...[The Notorious B.I.G.] got the call and he was like, 'Yo, we gota go to the studio and do this song with Michael Jackson.' I'm in the back of the car, high as giraffe's ass. You know, 'You going to do a song with Michael Jackson? When?'

"So, we pull up to the studio," Cease continued. "It wasn't like all the other studios we went to. It was all gated. It was like a house. So we get in there and the studio was like a guest house and we in front of the house. So now I'm getting excited. I'm like, 'Oh ? . This is real.' I'm 16 years old. I'm like, 'I'm about to meet Michael. I'm about to style on ? . Ah, this ? 'bout to be on. I'm gonna ask him if he smoke.' I'm thinkin' about the illest ? in my mind, what I'm going to say when I see him. That's the type of ? we was thinkin' about. We was young kids. I was like, 'I want to know if that ? smoke. I'm sure he do, singing all that sentimental ? . There's a sensitive bone in there somewhere where the weed bring some of that ? out of you sometimes.'

"So we gets there," Cease added. "We pull up. The big security guard come out with the shades on, suited up and he comes in. He grabs Biggie. And I'm about to walk in and Big stops me an goes, 'Hold up. Where you going?' I'm like, '? , I'm coming in.' He like, 'Nah, I don't trust Michael with kids.' I'm like, 'Huh?' And he had the serious face, too. You know Big. He was real sarcastic. He was funny. He was just like, 'Nah. Nah, dude. I don't think it's a good look. Just stay right here. I'm going to go in there and handle that business real quick. Just roll up some weed. By the time I come back out, we can smoke.' And I'm still trying to walk in and he holding it me like, 'Dog, where you going?' And I'm like, 'Are you serious?' He's like, 'Just chill. I'll be right back. Alright? Just sit in the car. Roll up.' Gave me a bunch of weed, 'Just go have fun.' I'm still thinking like, 'He going to come right back.'

"There's this window where you can actually see the studio," Cease added. "So I'm sitting in the window looking like a stalker, like I'm about to burglarize the spot. I'm like, 'Damn, where Michael at?' I seen Michael come through. He had the ? wrapped around his face with the hat and Big comes and gives him this real Brooklyn [handshake], 'What's up dog?' And that's when I became a sad puppy. Like, that one time, my moment like, 'Damn, I'm about to meet MJ and I'm sitting in the truck rolling up weed.'"

Cease said that his wish to meet Michael Jackson did not come true.

"I never got in," Cease said. "Never met Mike. No nothing. But, [The Notorious B.I.G.] came back out after an hour and half, played the verse for me and I was like, 'Alright. Verse was dope. Cool.' But I was still like, 'Yo bro, come on.' I was already on the phone telling me moms, sister, like, 'Yo, I'm about to meet Michael.'"

http://www.hiphopdx.com/m/index.php?s=news&id=25604

Comments

• O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who didn't?

(besides the one's looking for a payday)
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie being all responsible and ? . Cease was a 16 yearold "thug". That means BIG thought he was impressionable as a muthafucker.
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    biggies ? expression is priceless
  • airspeeze23
    airspeeze23 Members Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Options
    that may have been what he told cease, but we all know damn well diddy (or mj himself) said dont be bringing your thugs inside my house, only you.

biggie wasnt no damn concerned of mj around cease. there is no way in the world biggie thought that mj would be able to do anythin to lil cease. if so, then he shouldnt have been rolling with him. if you cant stop michael jackson from touching you, and you ar 16 years old, then you should just ? yourself.

biggie just knew he couldnt have his boy acting a damn fool with mj, and he would have, since he even said he would ask him if he smoke weed and all kinds of ? you shouldnt be asking the king of pop. so he told his ass to sit in the car.

Word...exactly my thoughts on this ? .
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    says the ? that was naked around a gang of ?
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still can't believe Michael Jackson put Biggie on a track in his prime. Little did MJ know Big would pass 2 years later. Song came out dope too. MJ and Biggie talkin ? about fame on the track. MJ even let Biggie be himself and even got hard himself using curse words. As for the story, I think it was funny. Here's Lil Cease thinking he's about to Michael Jackson, lol. You'll reading to much into that "He don't trust him around kids" comment. It was clear that only Biggie could probably go. Cease thought this was a typical studio session but this is Michael Jackson. Biggie made up some B.S. to keep Cease in the car, lol. Anyways. MJ worked with Biggie twice. "This Time Around" when he was alive and "Unbreakable" after he passed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZchFrLogMqA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Nj7LMiNRk
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? BIG just didn't want to be seen with a groupie ass kid when he met MJ so he told Lil Cease a ? lie talking bout...he don't trust MJ with kids...lol
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at lil cease being the orphan in the smooth criminal video standing on milk cartons and lookin through windows to see mj...
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cease hip hops first weed man lol
  • antarticp
    Options
    Ben E wrote: »
    Lol at lil cease being the orphan in the smooth criminal video standing on milk cartons and lookin through windows to see mj...

lol good one that was my movie tho when i was younger lol
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    biggie just knew he couldnt have his boy acting a damn fool with mj, and he would have, since he even said he would ask him if he smoke weed and all kinds of ? you shouldnt be asking the king of pop. so he told his ass to sit in the car.

Exactly. This was the most important studio session in Big's career and he wasn't gonna bring his weed carrier. Just goes to show that Big understood when business is business.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the sleep or bill bellamy
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just did a wiki search and they said the song was "written by Michael Jackson and featured Notorious BIG". Does that mean Big didn't write his verse or did Michael Jackson give him a hefty cash advance in exchange for the writing credit? I don't see why Big wouldn't write his own verse.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Exactly. This was the most important studio session in Big's career and he wasn't gonna bring his weed carrier. Just goes to show that Big understood when business is business.

lol @ the bold. Cease ethered himself in this interview. He shoulda' kept this to himself.

....But Mr. Cee was around these nikkas often sharing blunts & ? . smh
  • antarticp
    Options

lol @ the bold. Cease ethered himself in this interview. He shoulda' kept this to himself.

....But Mr. Cee was around these nikkas often sharing blunts & ? . smh

OHHHH THE IRONY !!!! LOL !!!!!
  • antarticp
    Options
    I just did a wiki search and they said the song was "written by Michael Jackson and featured Notorious BIG". Does that mean Big didn't write his verse or did Michael Jackson give him a hefty cash advance in exchange for the writing credit? I don't see why Big wouldn't write his own verse.

you cant believe everything you read on wiki im sure its just incomplete ... beside it was a micheal song on which he was on like 95% of the song ... big part was maybe 5% i dont even think that was 16 bars more like somewhere in the 8 to 12 bar range ...... and mj being the far superior artist they might of robbed him for the writing credit ... but it would of been minimum anyway ....

and lol @ someone saying this was his biggest moment in his career LOL !! the biggest moment that ended up having the smallest impact on his career lol he could of let the lil ? in and still handled the bizness ... he was a kid not a grown as man asking stupid questions .... lol