8 YEAR OLD child bride bleeds to death on wedding night........SMFH SMFH SMFH

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
An eight year old bride in Yemen died from internal injuries on her wedding night, bleeding to death after deep vaginal tearing caused by sex with her 40 year old husband.

The girl, identified only by the name Rawan, died in Hardh in the governorate of Hajjah in northwestern Yemen, according to a report issued by UPI on Sunday, Sept. 8.

Activists in the region want to put an end to the practice of marrying young girls, and have called for police to arrest the girl's husband and family. Nevertheless, the forced marriage of child brides in Yemen remains a socially accepted custom in many rural areas.

Indeed, the practice has deep cultural and religious roots, and is widespread in Yemen. A February 2009 law set the minimum age for marriage at 17, but it was repealed after some conservative lawmakers called it un-Islamic.

In particular, a prominent Islamic cleric, Abdulmajeed al-Zindani, issued a fatwa in support of the practice, declaring supporters of a ban on child brides to be apostates, and ultimately leading a successful campaign against legislation that would prevent adult men from marrying children.

reports indicate more than a quarter of Yemen’s females marry before age 15.

http://www.examiner.com/article/yemen-8-year-old-girl-dies-from-internal-injuries-on-wedding-night

Words fail. ? is wrong with these ? .

? your ? cultural and religious roots.

40% of child brides are in India btw

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's too early in the morning for this.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I say got damn...
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh. sad, very sad.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is cultural.. deviant behavior not religion
    ? disgusting
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Culture/religion aside, how do you look into the face of an 8 year old child while you ? away at her? You know she's gotta be crying and completely terrified....? disgusting.

its called bein a sick, twisted ? . with no sense of guilt, kindness, the feelings of others, or rational thinking. Viewing women as possessions doesn't help either.

• Sicky Mouse
    Sicky Mouse Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? traditions when they involve kids getting married, ? and killed by grown men. sickening...
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Poor girl they have no say in what they want, they are forced to marry she don't even know what sex is at that age, my babygirl is 7, ain't no way imma let some ? like that happen to her, they love bringing up tradition when it comes to ? like this sick ? !
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The world is very ? place for little girls. Its ? for little boys too, but especially ? for little girls.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    im saying tho

ok lets say we are understanding even tho we dont agree and ok cool ... you can marry an 8 year old, its your religion blah blah blah

ok when you marry this 8 year old, WHY ARE YOU ACTUALLY SMASHING?? i mean ? , you are 40, so when you turn 50, you have a nice 18 year old waiting for you, ? throw another 5 years on there!! its not like you dont have other wives to smash in the mean time.

when you think about having sex with a woman, its hard to imagine behaving that way with a 3rd grader. so like i said, ok cool, your religion says you can have more than 1 wife and you can have underage wives. but why cant you just handle it respectably?? there's too many levels of WTF to even go on about this. ? the fact that she died over it ... even if she lived it just dont make sense
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    The world is very ? place for little girls. Its ? for little boys too, but especially ? for little girls.

Said it before and I'll say it again: Feminists need a terrorist group or summin lol. Man up, Ladies.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now that's a unique way to end a honeymoon
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some sick ? out here.

I don't understand how they can even make an argument to condone ? like that.

It actually makes their religion/culture look bad when they try to use that as a justification.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    And people wonder why so many around the world (including myself) hate religion.....it's probably a cultural thing there too but as a grown man, what satisfaction would one get smashing an 8 year old???!!! I know the prophet Mohammed married a 9 year girl and everything but come on you sick ? it's 2013 now....I've said it once and I'll say it again, if religious textbooks were influenced by "gods", those gods were evil ? . We can clearly see all the good religion has done for the world ROFL..........
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Now that's a unique way to end a honeymoon

Lol......
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »

Said it before and I'll say it again: Feminists need a terrorist group or summin lol. Man up, Ladies.

I feel you but for reasons unknown to me, women tend to be the most religious people, despite most religions being sexist and misogynistic as hell.......go figure
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im saying tho

ok lets say we are understanding even tho we dont agree and ok cool ... you can marry an 8 year old, its your religion blah blah blah

ok when you marry this 8 year old, WHY ARE YOU ACTUALLY SMASHING?? i mean ? , you are 40, so when you turn 50, you have a nice 18 year old waiting for you, ? throw another 5 years on there!! its not like you dont have other wives to smash in the mean time.

when you think about having sex with a woman, its hard to imagine behaving that way with a 3rd grader. so like i said, ok cool, your religion says you can have more than 1 wife and you can have underage wives. but why cant you just handle it respectably?? there's too many levels of WTF to even go on about this. ? the fact that she died over it ... even if she lived it just dont make sense
    And people wonder why so many around the world (including myself) hate religion.....it's probably a cultural thing there too but as a grown man, what satisfaction would one get smashing an 8 year old???!!! I know the prophet Mohammed married a 9 year girl and everything but come on you sick ? it's 2013 now....I've said it once and I'll say it again, if religious textbooks were influenced by "gods", those gods were evil ? . We can clearly see all the good religion has done for the world ROFL..........

lol @ the bold. Ruling by the sword and marrying underage girls. Says a lot.
  • Freeman Wize
    Freeman Wize Members Posts: 9
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options