Biblical ? repents that he made man

beenwize
beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
What are your thoughts on the Biblical Old Testament ? repenting himself that he even created man? And how do you reconcile that with the gospel of Christ that according to the Christian faith this same ? is preparing a place in heaven for believers to live forever?

Genesis 6:5-7
5 And ? saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when society gets evil enough ? destroys it that is the message it is that simple there is nothing to reconcile.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    I take it to mean that ? is not this "impersonal" being; that when ? acts, it is not as some hard wired behavior or function. ? 's involvement in the creation of man was emotional and is expressed accordingly.
  • beenwize
    zombie wrote: »
    when society gets evil enough ? destroys it that is the message it is that simple there is nothing to reconcile.

So therefore, there earthly lives were ended yet they are now in heaven to live forever? That's what I am asking for you to reconcile. You skipped over that entire part.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flood myth lol.

But it was to strike fear in your heart to make you do better and act better, that as a society you better be good or ? gonna ? you. Pretty much.

It's fear based.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beenwize wrote: »

So therefore, there earthly lives were ended yet they are now in heaven to live forever? That's what I am asking for you to reconcile. You skipped over that entire part.

Every soul who was alive at the time of the flood and who was outside of the arc went to hell. No one from that generation, who was outside of the arc, is in heaven.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't do a lick of good apparently right back where we started.

KDAEBaL.jpg
  • beenwize

Every soul who was alive at the time of the flood and who was outside of the arc went to hell. No one from that generation, who was outside of the arc, is in heaven.

During the time of the flood there was no New Testament or Gospel of Jesus. Using "only" the scriptures that were available to the pre-flood civilization can you show me these 3 things:

1.) Scriptural proof that the pre-flood civilization had foreknowledge of a "everlasting hell."?

2.) Scriptural proof of Bible ? or prophets warning the pre-flood civilization of an everlasting hell?

3.) Scriptural proof that all of the pre-flood civilization are in hell right now?
  • beenwize
    Keep in mind that you can only use and refer to scriptures that were available to the pre-flood civilization. Do not refer to any scriptures after the flood or any New Testament scriptures that came hundreds or thousands of years later.

And last, you are basically saying that Bible ? said to hell with the pre-flood civilization? They go to hell, but people that lived after the time of Jesus get a chance at everlasting life in heaven?

That's truly what you believe? Lol
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you convince a schizophrenic there really isn't voices in their head? You beenwize, you know the ? ain't there but he sees it.
  • zombie

There is nothing to reconcile i don't understand what you are asking me.
    No one really knows who will get into heaven or not THAT IS A decision that ? will make when he feels like it, no one is in heaven the dead stay dead until final judgment when you die you go to sheol.
  • zombie
    edited September 2013

During the time of the flood there was no New Testament or Gospel of Jesus. Using "only" the scriptures that were available to the pre-flood civilization can you show me these 3 things:

1.) Scriptural proof that the pre-flood civilization had foreknowledge of a "everlasting hell."?

2.) Scriptural proof of Bible ? or prophets warning the pre-flood civilization of an everlasting hell?

3.) Scriptural proof that all of the pre-flood civilization are in hell right now?

? does not judge you simply according to scripture, we know right from wrong even in edan adam and eve had the concept of obedience to ? equals life and disobedience equals death.

later on while still in eden they got the knowledge of good and evil that was passed onto the people of the flood. do you understand? mankind knows wrong from right it is part of our changed nature, because of the actions of adam and eve. that is one of the messages of the genesis story.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    zombie they arent gonna hear you because theyre not listening
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

From what we can see from the scriptures, ? has singled out 2 witnesses that He used to preach the gospel during the antediluvian period. These 2 men of ? are Enoch and Noah. Enoch was said to have walked with ? for 365 years before ? took him. During that time Enoch spoke of judgment to come. Here goes his testimony that we find in the book of Jude:

"Enoch, who lived in the seventh generation after Adam, prophesied about these people. He said, "Listen! The Lord is coming with countless thousands of his holy ones to execute judgment on the people of the world. He will convict every person of all the ungodly things they have done and for all the insults that ungodly sinners have spoken against him." Jude 1:14-15

Enoch preached judgment during his time on earth. He preached that there was coming a day when ? would execute eternal judgment upon all those who refused to listen to Him.

As for Noah, the bible tells us that he preached for 120 years while the arc was being prepared. In 1 Peter 3 we read that before ? sent the flood, He waited patiently (120 years) in order that men would repent from their sins. Peter goes on to tell us that only 8 souls were saved from that generation (all those who were on the arc). And that all those who were outside of the arc are in prison (hell) right now. Peter characterizes all those who were outside of the arc as being disobedient. His testimony agrees with the Genesis 6 account, which tells us that "all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth"; "the earth was corrupt and filled with violence"; and that "the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

Here goes 1 peter 3 though:

"18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to ? , being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of ? waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward ? ,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 22Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of ? ; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him."

With sound biblical exegesis, good hermeneutics, and the Holy Spirit guiding us and leading us into all truth we can understand what the biblical text is teaching us. Now if your still not able to comprehend what is going on it is because strong meat can't be digested by you, thus you need to continue to drink milk before you can chew on this meat. Amen.
  • beenwize

? does not judge you simply according to scripture, we know right from wrong even in edan adam and eve had the concept of obedience to ? equals life and disobedience equals death.

later on while still in eden they got the knowledge of good and evil that was passed onto the people of the flood. do you understand? mankind knows wrong from right it is part of our changed nature, because of the actions of adam and eve. that is one of the messages of the genesis story.

smh. nun, but feelings. no proof or nothing.
  • beenwize

From what we can see from the scriptures, ? has singled out 2 witnesses that He used to preach the gospel during the antediluvian period. These 2 men of ? are Enoch and Noah. Enoch was said to have walked with ? for 365 years before ? took him. During that time Enoch spoke of judgment to come. Here goes his testimony that we find in the book of Jude:

"Enoch, who lived in the seventh generation after Adam, prophesied about these people. He said, "Listen! The Lord is coming with countless thousands of his holy ones to execute judgment on the people of the world. He will convict every person of all the ungodly things they have done and for all the insults that ungodly sinners have spoken against him." Jude 1:14-15

Enoch preached judgment during his time on earth. He preached that there was coming a day when ? would execute eternal judgment upon all those who refused to listen to Him.

As for Noah, the bible tells us that he preached for 120 years while the arc was being prepared. In 1 Peter 3 we read that before ? sent the flood, He waited patiently (120 years) in order that men would repent from their sins. Peter goes on to tell us that only 8 souls were saved from that generation (all those who were on the arc). And that all those who were outside of the arc are in prison (hell) right now. Peter characterizes all those who were outside of the arc as being disobedient. His testimony agrees with the Genesis 6 account, which tells us that "all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth"; "the earth was corrupt and filled with violence"; and that "the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

"18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to ? , being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of ? waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward ? ,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: 22Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of ? ; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him."

With sound biblical exegesis, good hermeneutics, and the Holy Spirit guiding us and leading us into all truth we can understand what the biblical text is teaching us. Now if your still not able to comprehend what is going on it is because strong meat can't be digested by you, thus you need to continue to drink milk before you can chew on this meat. Amen.

Obviously, you didn't read anything I posted. You dodged every single question when I asked you for scriptural proof. You failed.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ looking for "proof" in fiction
  • zombie
    edited October 2013

smh. nun, but feelings. no proof or nothing.

what are you asking me? the scriptural proof you want is in the bible i answered all your questions
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man repents the deity he made
  • beenwize

I asked you to show scriptural proof using the Old Testament and you FAILED. You posted 2 New Testament scriptures which prove nothing. In face in the Old Testament when Cain killed Abel we see ? never warns or mentions to Cain dangers of an everlasting hell. In fact this is what old testament ? says.

Genesis 4:15 KJV

And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should ? him
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the old testament, hell didn't exist as a concept. The word sheol was translated as hell or grave. The correct translation today is grave since the weird hell denotes an existence in an otherworldly place. The ancient Hebrews didn't believe in anything like that after death. Once the bible was translated by Greeks, they carried over their beliefs in an afterlife into the translation and the concept of hades and a hell entered into Christianity.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The word hell*
  • beenwize
    Where you @ DoUwant2gotoheaven? Show me this eternal hell being preached in the old testament? As you seee ? defended Cain after he killed Abel. there was no warning of a eternal hell. now if Cain is in heaven then how it look for the next person to be in hell for the same thing?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do any of the apocryphal books count? I mean, they were orignally apart of the KJV bible.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Septuagint included apocryphal books....They were originally apart of Old Testament cannon...Hell is mentioned numberous time. I'm at work so I can't find some scriptures, but I will.

Council of Nicea in which Constintine I was present is what caused them to be....Those darned Catholics always causing discourse.....

• DoUwant2go2Heaven

I asked you to show scriptural proof using the Old Testament and you FAILED. You posted 2 New Testament scriptures which prove nothing. In face in the Old Testament when Cain killed Abel we see ? never warns or mentions to Cain dangers of an everlasting hell. In fact this is what old testament ? says.

Genesis 4:15 KJV

And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should ? him

LOL. How did I fail? You just don't want to accept the answer given. You can't pick and choose what parts of the word of ? are valid. The whole counsel of ? is truth and it must be put together in order to get a proper understanding.

Also the OT has clear refrences of an everlasting punishment to come:

"And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, some to shame and everlasting contempt." Daniel 12:2

It doesn't get more clear than that. Amen.