Should Kobe bow out after this season ?

B.BeST
B.BeST Members Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭
Lebron is clearly the best basketball player on earth currently, Kobe being the guy that he is feels some kind of way about this. I feel it is possible that he will try to do whatever possible to stay on par with Lebron, the thing is this though, he is not physically capable of staying par at this stage in his career....

If he bows out after proving he can still dominate at a high level after this season, he leave's a game he cherishes on a high note as he should.... if he gets to himself and tries to continue dominating years down the line I see a steep decline dominance wise.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol...

hes been in the league 18 years..fam..
  • B.BeST
    lol...

hes been in the league 18 years..fam..

it wouldn't be wise for him to stretch for another 4 ...........
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how he comes back, and they're still all-time records he can pursue. Kobe ain't worried about Lebron. Lebron is a new guy to him. Kobe's worried about the legends before him.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao @ "Kobe being the guy that he is feels some kind of way about this" ? swear they kno kobe personally... I think Kobe stopped caring a long time ago about being the "best player" in the league, the only thing cares about is getting to Mikes all time scoring record and competing for titles
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah he might be out until next spring and the Lakers are shooting for summer 2014 and most likely Kobe's not part of those plans come fall 2014.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    icks86 wrote: »
    Yeah he might be out until next spring and the Lakers are shooting for summer 2014 and most likely Kobe's not part of those plans come fall 2014.

He should be apart of those plans. He just needs to take a pay cut.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobe should aim for 20 years in the game and leave it at that!
  • joeyfkncrakk
    joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobe should be able to play at a high level for at least 3 more years if he wants to.. As much as I want to see Kobe back I think he should shoot for after All Star break if he isn't at least 85%... Kobe is still arguably top 3 player in the league going off his beasty year pre-injury... You need a Kobe Bryant in the league, and Kobe has the will, nobody in nba has played through the situations and injuries on a constant basis as him... It's all about the drama with Kobe and the Lakers love it, Kobe has more records and standards to set before he calls it a career, if he doesn't get another ring then so what, it wouldn't be because he didn't give a damn Kareem played 20 sumn years and if no other player would be up for this heavy task of bringing the Lakers back to glory you know it would be the "Mark Henry" of this generation...

He will get it back, and I can't wait till I'm like 50 years old schooling Kids about how great he was as a player.. I'll never bet against him I know that, I see him getting the job done before he calls it quits while Dwight Howard is still trying to be the man somewhere making more excuses
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blu197 wrote: »
    Lmao @ "Kobe being the guy that he is feels some kind of way about this" ? swear they kno kobe personally... I think Kobe stopped caring a long time ago about being the "best player" in the league, the only thing cares about is getting to Mikes all time scoring record and competing for titles

@B.Best you know Kobe or some ? ?????????????

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didnt kobe wanna retire the season after this one?
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can he walk away? I don't see it.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I thought yall ? wanted lebron vs kobe in the finals
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    B.BeST wrote: »
    Lebron is clearly the best basketball player on earth currently, Kobe being the guy that he is feels some kind of way about this. I feel it is possible that he will try to do whatever possible to stay on par with Lebron, the thing is this though, he is not physically capable of staying par at this stage in his career....

If he bows out after proving he can still dominate at a high level after this season, he leave's a game he cherishes on a high note as he should.... if he gets to himself and tries to continue dominating years down the line I see a steep decline dominance wise.

He said something about just playing two more years anyway...why as nba fans do we have to rush a ? out the door just cuz one rival is at the top of his game finally (btw wtf took Bron so long?)
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    But I thought yall ? wanted lebron vs kobe in the finals
    Lebron waited till the finals where Kobe free
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    B.BeST wrote: »

He said something about just playing two more years anyway...why as nba fans do we have to rush a ? out the door just cuz one rival is at the top of his game finally (btw wtf took Bron so long?)

Lol at this
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Kobe wants another ring.. which he wont get... not the way LA is built right now.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah, for as long as he's played in the NBA, he has kept in good shape despite some minor injuries.
    I can't honestly remember a season he was out for that season other than last year.
  • NYETOPn
    NYETOPn Members Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Ova kobe had a spectacular run as the greatest emulator of all time

LOL.

? .
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    As long as he retires as a Laker imo he can play for however long he feels he can. I think we would feel weird if 3 years from now Kobe was on the Bulls, Knicks, or Heat for ex competing for a championship off the bench.. that would be too weird for me to see Kobe like that. He'll always be in my personal top 10 no matter what.
  • B.BeST
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    As long as he retires as a Laker imo he can play for however long he feels he can. I think we would feel weird if 3 years from now Kobe was on the Bulls, Knicks, or Heat for ex competing for a championship off the bench.. that would be too weird for me to see Kobe like that. He'll always be in my personal top 10 no matter what.

? ? a top 10 he in my top 3 but lets keep it a hunnid.... the ? has a ego as huge as the U.S. and we know he gon come back trying to put them numbers on the board.... i'm just giving my honest opinion that homes should hang it up much sooner than later.

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jordan was averaging numbers at 40 that would make anybody else a superstar.

Kobe is the only person playing his age with a similar set of skills. The only thing that would ? him up is D'Antoni's horrible system and ? poor minute management. If that ? running the ship tries to play him like an 18-year-old again this year, Kobe won't have to make the decision to quit. His body will make the choice for him.