Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

Comments

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Idk he probably isn't saying that a Jesus character didn't exist. He might be saying just that a certain version of Jesus was invented. for example the Jesus depicted in the Quran is not the same version as the Jesus of the kjv Bible.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeshua was a real man, but the way they painted him is false. People need to understand the roman way of life, it's okay to worship your local gods but you have to see their gods are rightful so it's when polytheistic and monotheistic life clashed and that's what ? them off.

The scriptures have and understanding has been contorted for a lil over a thousand years in christ time and remember he lived in egypt and learned their ways and understandings. So he probably was bringing back the true religion and it was against the roman ideology. Remember Rome is just a vessel that wants to dominate and control, not think and understand. Rome is the antithesis of thinking.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need to rely on ourselves before we ask things of others
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get real.

In the meantime, maybe ? could do the same.
  • Bodhi
    I think Jesus was a pantheist. There is plenty of biblical evidence to support this idea.
  • beenwize
    Wonder why Jesus in the New Testament never mentions Yahweh specifically by his name?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beenwize wrote: »
    Wonder why Jesus in the New Testament never mentions Yahweh specifically by his name?

Because that word is too powerful to just use like that and the people of his time did not speak that word lightly.
  • Bodhi
    zombie wrote: »

Because that word is too powerful to just use like that and the people of his time did not speak that word lightly.

they used it a lot in the OT
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Christianity seems to always be perceived as a religion that controls the masses anyway and there have been many before this guy to come forth and say this. The "agenda" is nothing new. I just find it to be naive to think that what he is doing is not prone to the same thing. He wants some control whether he knows it or not. The fact that he is wanting people to wait until October 19th to make his case is controlling in itself. It's like he wants to bring back the "shock" that once was associated with the denouncement of Christianity.
  • Ajackson17
    It appears Yahweh was a volcano ? , so why I'm not surprised that Yeshua wasn't like how the new testament describes him.
  • zombie
    edited October 2013
    Oceanic wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »

they used it a lot in the OT

yeah but but by jesus time that word was not something used like that especially by the common people the religiously educated maybe but not the common folk.
  • zombie
    This ? always existed he is the only ? . He spoke to everybody the egyptians, the arabs, the greeks etc etc ect the ancestors of everybody but eventually chose israel to bring fourth the savior of mankind, and slowly but surely all other gods have been thrown in the dustbin of history. most of humanity no longer worships baal, moloch or zeus. The ? of abraham has won and will continue to spread in africa, india and asia.
  • Ajackson17
    Yahweh is from pantheon of different gods and was a volcano ? to a weather ? and about when the hebrews copied from zoroastrian (I misspelled it) when they were in persia, that's when Yahweh was configured. All this messiah and savior is for the masses, save yourself. I can stop myself and my desires.

Once I rid myself of Abrahamic religions I felt better and accomplished more. It may work for you whatever, but the power of belief in one self is uplifting.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh, so you're telling me I can smoke herb, drink, ? , whoop ass, shoot people, slap ? and ? , curse out old ? without fear of hell fire in the afterlife...........WOOOT!!!!! IT'S ON!!!!!
  • Ajackson17
    Never understood why people are so hellbent to put these religions on us, if they are so true than they will naturally be apart of us.....oh wait original sin. Smh.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny, this exposure will happen at the same time we supposedly reach the debt ceiling deadline with no resolution. Economic meltdown.

oh, so you're telling me I can smoke herb, drink, ? , whoop ass, shoot people, slap ? and ? , curse out old ? without fear of hell fire in the afterlife...........WOOOT!!!!! IT'S ON!!!!!

Lol... It was written...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    eh, this'll prove to be overstated
    The Christianity of today thru the Vatican is what most Christians follow today.
    little-known fact: Christianity as defined by the Vatican is not what hundreds of millions of Christians follow today
  • beenwize
    janklow wrote: »
    The Christianity of today thru the Vatican is what most Christians follow today.
    little-known fact: Christianity as defined by the Vatican is not what hundreds of millions of Christians follow today

Where does Sunday worship come from? What day do most Christian church's worship?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where does Sunday worship come from? What day do most Christian church's worship?

apostolic Christians worship on the Sabbath and denounce the practices of Catholics as well as many other denominations
  • beenwize

apostolic Christians worship on the Sabbath and denounce the practices of Catholics as well as many other denominations

"most" was the keyword.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/story-of-jesus-christ-was-fabricated-to-pacify-the-poor-claims-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html

A controversial American biblical scholar is set to make his first appearance in London next week to present a discovery that he claims proves the story of Jesus Christ was invented as a system of mind control to enslave the poor.

Joseph Atwill, who is the author of a book entitled 'Caesar's Messiah: The Roman Conspiracy to Invent Jesus', asserts that Christianity did not begin as a religion, but was actually a sophisticated government propaganda exercise used to pacify the subjects of the Roman Empire.

At the 'Covert Messiah' conference, to be held at the Conway Hall in Holborn a week on Saturday, Mr Atwill will present his theory that the New Testament was written by first-century Roman aristocrats and that they entirely fabricated the story of Jesus Christ.

Outlining his ideas in a blog posting on his website Mr Atwill writes: "Christianity may be considered a religion, but it was actually developed and used as a system of mind control to produce slaves that believed ? decreed their slavery."

Mr Atwill says that acts of insurrection by Jewish sects, who were awaiting the arrival of a so-called 'warrior Messiah' in Palestine, were a perpetual problem for the Roman Empire and that after the Empire had exhausted all traditional means of dealing with the problem they resorted to psychological warfare.

"They surmised that the way to stop the spread of zealous Jewish missionary activity was to create a competing belief system," Atwill told PRWeb.com

"That's when the 'peaceful' Messiah story was invented.

"Instead of inspiring warfare, this Messiah urged turn-the-other-cheek pacifism and encouraged Jews to 'give onto Caesar' and pay their taxes to Rome."

Mr Atwill continues: "Although Christianity can be a comfort to some, it can also be very damaging and repressive, an insidious form of mind control that has led to blind acceptance of serfdom, poverty, and war throughout history.

To this day, especially in the United States, it is used to create support for war in the Middle East."

Elsewhere, Mr Atwill also writes: “In fact he [Jesus] may be the only fictional character in literature whose entire life story can be traced to other sources. Once those sources are all laid bare, there’s simply nothing left.”

Atwill says he made his discovery when while studying the New Testament alongside the 'War of the Jews' by Josephus - the only surviving first-person historical account of first-century Judea.

Mr Atwill claims that he began to notice a sequence of parallels between the two texts.

"What seems to have eluded many scholars is that the sequence of events and locations of Jesus ministry are more or less the same as the sequence of events and locations of the military campaign of [Emperor] Titus Flavius as described by Josephus," Atwill claims.

"This is clear evidence of a deliberately constructed pattern", he continues.

"The biography of Jesus is actually constructed, tip to stern, on prior stories, but especially on the biography of a Roman Caesar."

Richard Dawkins, the English evolutionary biologist and author, well known for his anti-religion views, yesterday tweeted a link to the press release advertising the event in London.

However, he later tweeted: "RT doesn't imply endorsement. I'm not qualified to judge Atwill's thesis. Just thought it might be worth a look."

Mr Atwill's theory is simply one of a number of what are known as Bible conspiracy theories.

These theories commonly include the suggestion that secret societies, mystery schools and other religions used the fictional story of Christ to unify the Roman Empire under one state religion.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    dont ? the messenger

open the gate for me....i just post what i see
  • Ajackson17
    @pralims thread already been created and is in the race and religion forum.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    @pralims thread already been created and is in the race and religion forum.

1239023890_showoff-touchdown-fail.gif

lock thread please
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you controlled a persons mind for years and years its gonna be difficult for them to get back to normal