Options
jaxn
jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
??

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will take Captain Marvel, I would put him up their with Manhunter as a top herald/top tier cat in DC. He beats Morg...heralds of Gal don't do well with Magic...
  • jaxn
    Options
    why do you say that about magic? heralds don't have any weaknesses against mystical based characters. I would place Morg and CM above MM
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Lol at CM and Morg above Manhunter...no way family. Surfer has trouble with Thor and Strange and Warlock...I don't think its a weakness the cube just has no real answer for it
  • jaxn
    Options
    Surfer doesn't have trouble with any of those guys though. Thor benefits from the fact that Surfer is never really trying to hurt him and he also has mjolnir which is a good counter. Just look at their last encounter. Thor was literally trying to ? Surfer and couldn't even hurt him. Strange and Adam definitely aren't an issue for him. Yeah Captain Marvel is more powerful than MM. I can give a few issue numbers for Morg appearances so you can see what he's capable of.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I know what Cap Marvel is capable of and its not as much as manhunter at all...Surfer always comes off looking ? around Warlock and Strange always has. Look I take Thor over Surfer, but he can hurt him. Mjolnir is MAGIC, by the way, so it being a good counter is a great way to prove my stance.

Manhunter uncut is the highest Herald level cat they have in DC. He is stronger, just as fast, and way more versatile.
  • jaxn
    Options
    it's not that the hammer is magic, it's what the hammer is capable of. Mjolnir can do some of the things the PC can. Surfer synthesized the Odin force while Odin was reviving Beta Ray Bill. Odin didn't realize what was happening until Bill awoken with a new look. If he had problmes with magic, I doubt he would be able to actually manipulate the magic of one of the most powerful mystical characters in the books. What examples do you have in mind with him looking ? around Strange and Warlock? I think i know what book you're referencing, but I want to be sure. Strange isn't walking around with power to fight top tiers without prep. Warlock, while not in his Magus form, has a better shot against the Surfer when in possession of the Soul Gem. In his Magus incarnation, that's an entirely different story. I was talking about providing issue appearances for Morg. I know in the nu52 MM has gotten a nice push but in his history, he's been show to be below the likes of Superman, Captain Marvel and BA. Just out of curiousity, what was the last fight you've read between Thor/Surfer?
  • evoljeanyes
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Don't get me wrong...I think Surfer and Thor could go either way....in my head I was using the fact that Mjolnir gives Thor a chance against Surfer as my way to leverage the fact that Cap Marvel beats Morg on top of the fact that Cap is a bit more powerful. To me Thor and Surfer are equals...Manhunter is getting a Surfer like push. He is a monster right now. You're right though traditionally he doesn't let loose...current manhunter is ridiculous though...he is performing above herald level more like team buster...similar to how Surfer comes off when he isn't fighting Thor...they are the pinnacle of herald cats...Manhunter is right their....

I read the The mighty Thor I think where him and surfer scrapped and they were just going head up beating the ? out of each other...respect. they seemed to even be equal in speed.

Warlock in IG, blood and sand and infinity crusade and in the soul world when he beat Drax...seemed to be revered by Surfer. Same with Strange in defenders books.

I agree Strange couldn't beat Surfer...Warlock I think would as he seems to be Thanos's opposite in comics.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I'd take Morg on this one...especially if it is the version that had the Power Cosmic AND the power increase from the magic water or whatever that stuff was.

Morg bodied ALL of Galactus' heralds (Air Walker, Terrax, Nova, Firelord AND the Surfer) at the same time. He even merced Nova.