For the fellow men who were raised without a father/male presence..

Options
1235»

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You really think all those aggressive ? had fathers though?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All you guys with no daddies have my sympathy

I had father, grand-father and for a little while great grand father.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My great grandfather just died. ? just got real.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    You really think all those aggressive ? had fathers though?

all of them didnt have fathers...most of the ones that kinda settle with a few chicks did have fathers.

evenon dude...hos father was a known player in the hood...but he still passed along the game.

its kinda like basketball.
    just because you are a good shooter dont mean you always have t take the shot. sometimes its ok to pass.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean people arent that simple.

You in this thread talking like you can see someone perform an action and 100% say he did it because he/she didnt have a father.

There are more prominent factors in adult life, yall simple as ? .

I never had a father and didnt meet a positive male figure until i was 22, i had an older brother who did nothig but steal from his own fam and use drugs; yet ive always lived right and stayed right.

Though i feel that it is optimal to have both parents its not necessary for a person to become whole and great.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @pralims in here laying down game. Appreciates duke for that. No slurps.

I learned that lesson too. Not all ? is good and just because it's good doesn't mean it's good for you.

? do be getting hype over tramps, they fall for the average man's weakness: a big butt and a smile. That ? gets ? into too much trouble.

Truth be told that's more about having respect for yourself than anything. You gotta believe you above petty broads that spread themselves out like that. You gotta believe you deserve better than that. You gotta believe that the seed you carry deserves better soil in which to grow and blossom...if you get careless in your duties about where your seed is planted you could end up like some of these other miserable ? out here.

• blacktux
    Options
    While that is all true, i learned all that without a father.

The same people pitching that whole "because you lack a father" talk be the same ones in uproar when people pitch that "because you black" talk.

Its closed minded and simple.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    some of yall need to look at it like this...

we all go thru the same problems. nothing is different except people with fathers or positive males in their life have some that will recognize the problem early an try to correct it....while people without the guide tend to have to figure it out alone or take note from local dealers or ? .

but you can always befriend an oldhead like someone else said.

? i had a dad and still got advice from my oldhead....because i need all the info i can get to navigate life and i still fukk up.

so dont look at it like ts a race that some are prepared for and some or not. find your own weakness and get help for it.

example of a boxer....if you keep getting caught because your guard is too low or defense sucks then you hire a better defensive trainer right?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    I mean people arent that simple.

You in this thread talking like you can see someone perform an action and 100% say he did it because he/she didnt have a father.

There are more prominent factors in adult life, yall simple as ? .

I never had a father and didnt meet a positive male figure until i was 22, i had an older brother who did nothig but steal from his own fam and use drugs; yet ive always lived right and stayed right.

Though i feel that it is optimal to have both parents its not necessary for a person to become whole and great.

the problem with what your saying is that you dont know how it effects you. you may never see you own problems and hopefully your not the type to try to prove your right just because.

you really dont need both arms to be something great....but it would help you if you did...right?

i am sure it is people who went on to do great things with out bot parents....and we are not saying you will fail at life...we are starting that both are necessary to become the best you can be.

and just because they was both in your life doesnt mean you didnt have a aint ? dad.

u am speaking from people who had good dads.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

The same people pitching that whole "because you lack a father" talk be the same ones in uproar when people pitch that "because you black" talk.

? what?

see this is your problem....you dont know what your talking about.

being black and someone holding it against you is completely different that what we are saying.

peolpe can judge your color from a distance without ever knowing you.

people cant judge you about not having a father until you show those actions.

so what you saying, i wont call close minded....its not comprehending properly
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Props on opening up @SnuffDaddy. I see it as a ying & yang. A boy needs a female influence for nurturing etc. but he also needs a male influence because only a man can teach to be a man. All that "I'm the father and the mother" stuff is for the birds. In the real world it doesn't work like that.

I have noticed that men who were raised by women most of the times haven't been taught to do stuff like tie a tie, small work on their car, work with their hands etc. Alot of these dudes aren't stimulated by their moms to learn professions that will ensure their position on any job market like a carpenter, plumber, mechanic etc. If you see a black man wit a toolbelt 9 out of 10 it'll be an older brother (who prolly grew up with his pops and had to help him doing chores around the house).

I have noticed alot of men who were raised by women have taken on female characteristics. Hate to sound like an old dude but back in the day it wasn't really accepted for a man to gossip. Now with the advent of social media (fb, twitter etc.) men be gossiping more than b*tches. They get that from hanging in the salon as a child weekly when their moms would get their hair done. These new dudes be spiteful, vindictive and emotionally driven like chicks. When a chick breaks up with 'em they put out vids trying to shame the chick. That's some b*tch sh*t, similar to something a chick would do back in the day. Like you break up with her, she'd key your car or try to smear your name to get back at you.
    N*ggas be attentionwhoring more than chicks nowadays. They'll even attentionwhore when it's to their detriment. These dudes will incriminate themselves just for some wshh, yt, fb 15 minutes of fame. That's female behavior and we can attribute that to men being raised by (ignorant) women.

You said it my ? . When i see ? on Youtube/WSHH etc. i be like "people are really thirsty for attention". First thing people do nowadays is pull out they cameras. It can be a damn baby getting killed and theyll out their cameras so they can share it online & get some internet attention & likes, smh.

Thats why i never ? or ? with clubs like that. The attention ? is at a max there, just not worth it to me. Dudes going there way to be loud, heard & seen just so a butt & a smile can notice them. A bunch of dudes trying their hardest to impress chicks & a bunch of lame chicks trying their hardest to be seen or be in the spotlight. Not worth it for me, duke.

Ironically, around my way, alotta people that did do that ? had they father. So it validates the point of the difference between having a father & a good father.

In my case my moms was never a gossip person like that. I ? hate gossip, even tho im sure everybody has done it before. But im usually very open and direct in person, without neccessarely being disrespectful, except if i feel disrespected &/or angry. Thats why i come here, being open is how i used to be in real life. Became less & less these past few years for different reasons, most of it had to do with trust tho. But its a sense of therapy for me. Since i dont do alot of that unnecessary talking maybe i hold in some stuff & that becomes the affect of that, that i like to open myself up even if it is something thatll make me look bad, so i try to laugh at myself or laugh at it.

@bolded

100%. true. Example?..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMW9GEy8iZQ

Watch the kids. Yeah obviously they kids, but you can see the mannerisms they taking from the mother/females around. All that "? " ? as an insult, neckrolling & bumping their gums & being loud..just what you said.

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @SnuffDaddy.. Yeah all that attentionwhoring is feminine energy, but I think it goes even deeper than kids growing up fatherless. How many brothers from older generations can we actually look up to? Alot of these old heads can't be respected based on their actions and accomplishments because they haven't built nothing and are competing with/ playerhating on younger dudes for the same women/ attention etc. They're not offering anything to young dudes, no job opportunities, no wisdom, no game etc.
    It seems like too many n*ggas will not grow up; they're grown boys (and girls). Their priorities lie in satisfying their comsumptive and sexual needs like teenagers. Ask yourself, how many n*ggas are preoccupied with leaving something behind for the next generations to come? Asians do, Arabs do, Jews do, even latins do to a certain extent but n*ggas just wanna satisfy their immediate needs and get attention from other n*ggas. Forget leaving something behind for the next gen. Only thing they leave is bastard children (no disrespect to anyone).

Put it like this. A white dude will splurge on material items that will depreciate rapidly, club and chase panties when he's around his early 20's but around his late 20's he'll get his priorities in order unless he's an entertainer or a loser. The same goes for their women. N*ggas however will be seen clubbin' well into their late 30's, trying to get at the same chicks 19 y/o be getting at, rocking the same clothes they be rocking and trying to use the same slang 'n sh*t. Old a*s grandma's will still club along with girls that could litterally be their grandchildren, trying to compete. N*ggas and 'rats stop clubbin' because they're looks have dwindled and they get laughed out the club, not because they grew out of it.

You know how they say a 'community raises a village'? What if there is no real community to speak of and there aren't too many examples for the youngins to get game and lifelessons from? This stuff goes deeper than boys (or girls) growing up fatherless.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    PS I saw that video earlier this year. These kids will grow up to be useless n*ggers perpetuating stereotypes. These the type of n*ggas that'll shoot up a club because a chick rejected them or because someone stepped on their shoes and didn't apologize fast enough. Know that they'll only act violent towards other blacks though.
  • SiccoLoccJay
    SiccoLoccJay Members Posts: 723 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    Props on opening up @SnuffDaddy. I see it as a ying & yang. A boy needs a female influence for nurturing etc. but he also needs a male influence because only a man can teach to be a man. All that "I'm the father and the mother" stuff is for the birds. In the real world it doesn't work like that.

I have noticed that men who were raised by women most of the times haven't been taught to do stuff like tie a tie, small work on their car, work with their hands etc. Alot of these dudes aren't stimulated by their moms to learn professions that will ensure their position on any job market like a carpenter, plumber, mechanic etc. If you see a black man wit a toolbelt 9 out of 10 it'll be an older brother (who prolly grew up with his pops and had to help him doing chores around the house).

I have noticed alot of men who were raised by women have taken on female characteristics. Hate to sound like an old dude but back in the day it wasn't really accepted for a man to gossip. Now with the advent of social media (fb, twitter etc.) men be gossiping more than b*tches. They get that from hanging in the salon as a child weekly when their moms would get their hair done. These new dudes be spiteful, vindictive and emotionally driven like chicks. When a chick breaks up with 'em they put out vids trying to shame the chick. That's some b*tch sh*t, similar to something a chick would do back in the day. Like you break up with her, she'd key your car or try to smear your name to get back at you.
    N*ggas be attentionwhoring more than chicks nowadays. They'll even attentionwhore when it's to their detriment. These dudes will incriminate themselves just for some wshh, yt, fb 15 minutes of fame. That's female behavior and we can attribute that to men being raised by (ignorant) women.

You said it my ? . When i see ? on Youtube/WSHH etc. i be like "people are really thirsty for attention". First thing people do nowadays is pull out they cameras. It can be a damn baby getting killed and theyll out their cameras so they can share it online & get some internet attention & likes, smh.

Thats why i never ? or ? with clubs like that. The attention ? is at a max there, just not worth it to me. Dudes going there way to be loud, heard & seen just so a butt & a smile can notice them. A bunch of dudes trying their hardest to impress chicks & a bunch of lame chicks trying their hardest to be seen or be in the spotlight. Not worth it for me, duke.

Ironically, around my way, alotta people that did do that ? had they father. So it validates the point of the difference between having a father & a good father.

In my case my moms was never a gossip person like that. I ? hate gossip, even tho im sure everybody has done it before. But im usually very open and direct in person, without neccessarely being disrespectful, except if i feel disrespected &/or angry. Thats why i come here, being open is how i used to be in real life. Became less & less these past few years for different reasons, most of it had to do with trust tho. But its a sense of therapy for me. Since i dont do alot of that unnecessary talking maybe i hold in some stuff & that becomes the affect of that, that i like to open myself up even if it is something thatll make me look bad, so i try to laugh at myself or laugh at it.

@bolded

100%. true. Example?..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMW9GEy8iZQ

Watch the kids. Yeah obviously they kids, but you can see the mannerisms they taking from the mother/females around. All that "? " ? as an insult, neckrolling & bumping their gums & being loud..just what you said.

I can tell he ? and I'm glad that wasn't me I would of out right beat her baby daddys ass in front of her and dared her to do sum would of went ron artest on all they ?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    @SnuffDaddy.. Yeah all that attentionwhoring is feminine energy, but I think it goes even deeper than kids growing up fatherless. How many brothers from older generations can we actually look up to? Alot of these old heads can't be respected based on their actions and accomplishments because they haven't built nothing and are competing with/ playerhating on younger dudes for the same women/ attention etc. They're not offering anything to young dudes, no job opportunities, no wisdom, no game etc.
    It seems like too many n*ggas will not grow up; they're grown boys (and girls). Their priorities lie in satisfying their comsumptive and sexual needs like teenagers. Ask yourself, how many n*ggas are preoccupied with leaving something behind for the next generations to come? Asians do, Arabs do, Jews do, even latins do to a certain extent but n*ggas just wanna satisfy their immediate needs and get attention from other n*ggas. Forget leaving something behind for the next gen. Only thing they leave is bastard children (no disrespect to anyone).

Put it like this. A white dude will splurge on material items that will depreciate rapidly, club and chase panties when he's around his early 20's but around his late 20's he'll get his priorities in order unless he's an entertainer or a loser. The same goes for their women. N*ggas however will be seen clubbin' well into their late 30's, trying to get at the same chicks 19 y/o be getting at, rocking the same clothes they be rocking and trying to use the same slang 'n sh*t. Old a*s grandma's will still club along with girls that could litterally be their grandchildren, trying to compete. N*ggas and 'rats stop clubbin' because they're looks have dwindled and they get laughed out the club, not because they grew out of it.

You know how they say a 'community raises a village'? What if there is no real community to speak of and there aren't too many examples for the youngins to get game and lifelessons from? This stuff goes deeper than boys (or girls) growing up fatherless.

the old heads you speaking about seem like they fatherless too. and like i said in my thread....? really gotta pass the torch and stop trying to keep getting attention.

i know ? just like what your talking about....? irks me. im like grow the fukk up already...let them young ? cook.

but on some real ? ...its alot of oldheads you can look up to. its just some people are not looking in the right places or at the right people.
    case and point. ? really judge me for the car i drive. they say my business must not be doing good cause i still drive an 2006 taurus. when i try to educate this ? ...the first thing they say..is look at the car you drive why should we listen to you. so i just keep it moving. it's ? like that that ? pass up because they looking at the wrong thing to justify whether they should listen.

i got my best advice from my truck driver dad and janitors and elevator doorman.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    having both parents around is a plus but not needed.i say that because my mom raised me and my brother just fine without my dad be around during those critical years(10-18 years old).im a responsible parent take care of my household as a man should with no problems.some of you ? are just predestined to be ? ? period.
  • blacktux
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

? what?

being black and someone holding it against you is completely different that what we are saying.

People can judge whatever about you from distance or close, and either way they are judging you based on actions.

For you to see someone perform an action and automatically pin it on their lack of a father is no different than someone seeing you perform an action and automatically pin it on your race.

Life is deeper than that.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

? what?

People can judge whatever about you from distance or close, and either way they are judging you based on actions.

For you to see someone perform an action and automatically pin it on their lack of a father is no different than someone seeing you perform an action and automatically pin it on your race.

Life is deeper than that.

a black man walking down the street is judged on his color. i dont know if he doesnt have a degree or if he doesnt have a dad.

a black man not doing a good job at work is judged on his actions. i know he dont know ? and he acting like he had no guidance....

see my point?
    having both parents around is a plus but not needed.i say that because my mom raised me and my brother just fine without my dad be around during those critical years(10-18 years old).im a responsible parent take care of my household as a man should with no problems.some of you ? are just predestined to be ? ? period.

you cant say he turned out fine. you dont know his struggles that he may not share with you. just because people dont share doesnt mean they are ok.

magic johnson got aids.....and hes turning out fine...does that mean we know of all his problems or only what he tells us?

now i do agree some ? are pre-destined ? . and like i said earlier...having a man around dont make him a good man and all dads aint good. now you may take what your dad didnt do and learn from that to not allow you kids to go thru the same thing....but thats in your mind frame. not everyone is like that and again...

you dont know what you dont know.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is funny as ? . Everybody in this ? is a certified psychologist. Lol.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    This thread is funny as ? . Everybody in this ? is a certified psychologist. Lol.
    Great example of what we were talking about. Men taking on female characteristics because they've been raised by them and were devoid of a strong male figure in their life. Men acting like chicks nowadays.
    You know how a young chickenhead is quick to make a snarly remark to interject herself in a conversation when she knows she lacks knowledge and life experience to add anything to that convo. That's what this kid did right here.