Employers really give a ? about extra curriculars?

LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just signed up for one under the idea that grad schools and employers look at that kind of ? .

In your experience has this ever made or broke admittance into a program or an employment opportunity?

Comments

• Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Employers don't check for that sh*t.
  • Sicky Mouse
    Sicky Mouse Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    they just wanna know your gpa b.
  • CruzKatie
    CruzKatie Members Posts: 3
    I happened to have a job interview a couple of weeks ago and they were asking about this ? , then they explained that they kinda want to know that because they are looking for a bright extravert and sh*t and if you have those extracurriculars it kinda means you are cool enough for them.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the job/career field...if you want to be a some sort of social worker, counselor, if you volunteer at a homeless shelter, food pantry or did some work for a social service office that provides assistance to addicts and poor folks... that ? looks good on your application/resume.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CruzKatie wrote: »
    I happened to have a job interview a couple of weeks ago and they were asking about this ? , then they explained that they kinda want to know that because they are looking for a bright extravert and sh*t and if you have those extracurriculars it kinda means you are cool enough for them.

Since when do extra curriculars make people cool? I thought that was nerd ?