Slum Village (T3 + Young RJ + Illa J) - Evolution Release 2nd July, 2013

Options
RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
NMG0051CD.jpg

Slum Village most recently released project, 'Villa Manifesto' was criminally slept on. A 2010 release, 'Villa Manifesto' showed Illa J's rise and ElZhi's brilliance alongside T3, with Baatin and Dilla appearing posthumously.

Whilst Evolution will see ElZhi amiss (following RJ Rice removing him from the group in 2010), the return of T3 and Illa J alongside Young RJ should make for another solid release. Hopefully Illa J will step up as he has recently (even though I can't find the track that I'm referencing via YouTube), which was flawlessly delivered alongside another emcee - if anyone can remember what track he released recently, drop it!

Looking forward to this though, definitely one that could wake up the year. Leave you with my favourite from 'Villa Manifesto':

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pre-ordered mines ..

Its dropping late in the UK though. July 15 I think via Amazon

Went to see them here in London in April on their '? Slums' world tour and it was Fantastic!!! . ..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album is pretty solid. Nothing bad on it but Elzhi's lyricism is sorely missed, overall a good project.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah ..

I think Young RJ the in-house producer is dope but I think at this stage he needs a bit more versatility in his production .. . almost all the beats sound similar in structure. I know it's a tough one to follow.

Overall it was a solid effort .. .