Options
123457»

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    SMH at how the media capes for Kobe, glad Nelly keeping it real.

Kobe sprains a pinky and they marvel how tough he is. D. Howard plays with a bad back and chest problems, and they act like he under performed. smh

I guess Howard should of had another superstar carry him to his rings so he could get a pass.

Caps for Kobe? ? is you on? Kobe is the most disrespected superstar maybe ever in sports! ? act like his prime when he was the best player in the league never even happened. Like it went from Micheals league straight to Lebrons

child please

? gon act like iverson didn't bring that street image to the nba
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Kobe sprains a pinky and they marvel how tough he is. D. Howard plays with a bad back and chest problems, and they act like he under performed. smh

I guess Howard should of had another superstar carry him to his rings so he could get a pass.

Caps for Kobe? ? is you on? Kobe is the most disrespected superstar maybe ever in sports! ? act like his prime when he was the best player in the league never even happened. Like it went from Micheals league straight to Lebrons

child please

I dont know what Iversons style of play even had to do with anything I said.

And lol @ ? nosigning me when Kobe is practically the only guy that I can ever remember that played at that high of a level that gets championships subtracted from him cuz he played with shaq like shaq did it himself, and a few ? salty over the ? case still like the cumbucket girl was they lil sister n ? . Ive seen some real dumb reasons why ? dont respect him on this board over the years
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

child please

I dont know what Iversons style of play even had to do with anything I said.

And lol @ ? nosigning me when Kobe is practically the only guy that I can ever remember that played at that high of a level that gets championships subtracted from him cuz he played with shaq like shaq did it himself, and a few ? salty over the ? case still like the cumbucket girl was they lil sister n ? . Ive seen some real dumb reasons why ? dont respect him on this board over the years

Ain't that the truth.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bean Bryant is overrated. When duke had a garbage team he wanted a trade. ? act like Gasol and ? ass Bynum wasn't balling when he won them ships. He had a average team last year and struggled to stay in the playoff race even though he averaged his 27 a game. He makes no one better. Bean isn't top 10 in my opinion. But that's just me. ? u laker stand
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A laker stand.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Stan. U got the point
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Bean Bryant is overrated. When duke had a garbage team he wanted a trade. ? act like Gasol and ? ass Bynum wasn't balling when he won them ships. He had a average team last year and struggled to stay in the playoff race even though he averaged his 27 a game. He makes no one better. Bean isn't top 10 in my opinion. But that's just me. ? u laker stand

Bynum wasn't "ballin" when lakers won in 09 and 10

did u actually watch the series or are u just going off what everyone else says?
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

I'm starting to notice this...a lot of people love to live in the "now". And "now", LeBron is the best player. Has been since '10. I think what contributes to this way of thinking is that Kobe's absolute prime years were spent with Smush & Kwame.
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    We've all been 24 haters but cut the bs salute that man
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    But it didn't go from jordan to lebron. u had guys like shaq, duncan, and iverson.
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    OhPee wrote: »

I'm starting to notice this...a lot of people love to live in the "now". And "now", LeBron is the best player. Has been since '10. I think what contributes to this way of thinking is that Kobe's absolute prime years were spent with Smush & Kwame.

They were. he was getting bounced out the first round.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Bean Bryant is overrated. When duke had a garbage team he wanted a trade. ? act like Gasol and ? ass Bynum wasn't balling when he won them ships. He had a average team last year and struggled to stay in the playoff race even though he averaged his 27 a game. He makes no one better. Bean isn't top 10 in my opinion. But that's just me. ? u laker

? ...if it wasnt for Kobe basically taking the team is his direction and away from Dantones direction they woulda never even climbed into the playoff race to even be the 8th seed! It aint like his teamates was garbage, they just got hit with the most shitload of injuries from a starting five that I can every recall. Everybody was hurt ? at different times but virtually ALL season. Combine that with a coach that dont know what he was doing and you realize how much Kobe litterally had to carry a team. ? was playing point guard dishing out 12 to 14 assist, had to play small forward when Ron Ron was getting suspended and Ebanks was beating ? up and gettin ? . Had to play his own position at SG an unGodly amount of minutes for a 35 year old because Pringles only wanna play six guys a ? game and he kept a career high in shootin percentage for the majority of the year. If you hate the ? or hate the lakers then thats one thing but dont act like a guy is overatted when you cant even count on one hand how many guys have played at that high of a level at age 35 in the history of the NBA. Besides MJ , the Logo, and maybe Kareem... who has ever been offensively as good at age 35? Ummmm, its ok, take your time and think I`ll wait.

Oh and not to take anything away from Bynum and Gasol but Kobe was still the best player and finals mvp on those 2010 and 2011 championship squads so you cant get away with the oldest trick in the book, suckin credit away from Kobe to give to them guys either or they woulda been finals mvp
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe haters say only reason LA wins is bc they get all the FAs ...5 minutes later they say nobody wants to play with Kobe...

• kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    How is 15 and 10 not ballin for a third option on a team? Bynum was doing his part.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Last years lakers team is way better than lebrons first finals team. Just saying.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Kobe haters say only reason LA wins is bc they get all the FAs ...5 minutes later they say nobody wants to play with Kobe...

C/S. People and their agendas.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate Kobe with the fire of a thousand suns buttttt

1. The "Making teammates better" argument is an argument that I think has become prominent in the more recent years of the Kobe vs. Lebron debates and its purposely constructed to favor Lebron just like the "clutch" argument or rings/finals wins vs. losses is constructed to favor Kobe.

Truth of the matter is that when people say "make teammates better" what they probably mean is maximize their offensive capabilities...And of course LBJ "makes his teammates better" BECAUSE HE'S A POINT FORWARD. The ? is a two guard and no longer runs a triangle offense (one of the few offenses that keeps trigger happy guards in line); its not his job to distribute and give scoring opportunities, Kobe's job is to score, unless coached to do differently.

(To be honest, the entire context of Kobe vs. Lebron, hell even the context Kobe's career becomes a entirely different conversation when you realize that LeBron is a Point Forward, not a guard, and the exact purpose of Two Guards, which I dont think people really put much deep thought into)

2. Secondly, while i think Dwight did get extra criticism for being a Laker, he admittedly wasn't the same player. He clearly hadn't fully recovered and it showed in how inflexible on offense he was, moreso than usual. His diminished play opened the window for criticism that people were waiting to throw on him anyway.

3. Kobe does get passes tho. Everyone quickly brings up 5 rings and all that ? but no one talks about that when Kobe did have the keys to the kingdom and was given complete free reign to be "The Man" (but without a dominant frontcourt and PJ) he couldnt get past Phoenix. And then once he had a squad? ? that ? very nearly shot them out of a few pivotal games, but no one talks about that.

And ? ? on Kobe being overtly criticized. Lebron has been criticized a million times worse than Kobe's ever seen. ? take away the Shaq/? drama and Kobe's career has for the most part been seen a very positive light. Even when he couldn't carry the Lakers everyone was so gone off his stats that the losing was GIVEN A PASS.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Spoilered for length
    Nah B
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Last years lakers team is way better than lebrons first finals team. Just Isaying.

You can troll the average banwagon basketball fan with rhetoric like this but But you cant say ? like this to more seasoned sophisticated fans such as myself, Im not gonna let you get away with ? like this.

Now when Lebrons first finals team got out the east we all know damn well half the teams that made the playoffs in that conference were damn near under 500. Put last years laker team in that watered down eastern conference at the time they atleast get to the ECF if not the finals. The West has been super stacked for years now when the east is just barely the last year balancing itself out. Come on now, you talkin about 07 back when the Championship piston team from a few years back was on its last little horrah, D wade if im not mistaken alto he just won a chip the 07 season ? had a ? knee for most of it and take into acount the Bulls aint have Derrick Rose yet, and hell,...the Celtics hadnt even started the big three trend yet, its actually an indictment on your boy that it even took him that long to get to the finals the year the spurs swept them when all you really had to beat was an old pistons team and Gilbert ? Arenas and them guys Pshhh !!!! ? outta here l
    fella! Lakers got hybids like Oklahoma City, Lob City cats across the locker room, Denver who george karl had unbeatable at home, good Grizzlies team,and the best coach in the league in popovich to get past. All of those teams i just named if you put them in that time period in the eastern conference woulda rip thru that conference convincingly.
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    How is 15 and 10 not ballin for a third option on a team? Bynum was doing his part.

Averaging 5 and 3 in 09 and 7 and 5 in 2010 in the finals isn't "ballin"

that's hashem thabeet numbers bruh
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow, so a washed, wack rapper just ethered a panel of so called sports experts.

Reason #34567 to not watch that ? .

Thanks, Tommy.

damn nelly washed?

he been "fell off" since 2006.. if u still doin commercials... tv... and music and still concidered "washed" and has "fell off" ? thats a good ass "fall off"
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Tommy.

damn nelly washed?

he been "fell off" since 2006.. if u still doin commercials... tv... and music and still concidered "washed" and has "fell off" ? thats a good ass "fall off"

He might be a known enough celebrity to sell and endorse some ? here and there, but as a rapper that ? IS washed up.

Are you checkin for the new Nelly CD?

Nah, me either...
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Thanks, Tommy.

damn nelly washed?

He might be a known enough celebrity to sell and endorse some ? here and there, but as a rapper that ? IS washed up.

Are you checkin for the new Nelly CD?

Nah, me either...

Dude was catching feelings in the Reason cause I said Nelly's new album is trash.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

Thanks, Tommy.

damn nelly washed?

You really throwing on the cape for Nelly, this ? been irrelevant musically for 5-6 years. His music is garbage and he on a tv show with a bunch of other washed up celebrities