So who made the deal with the Devil?

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you are misunderstanding my posts because you are misreading them. Read to understand, not to reply.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »
    I'm not angry with ? . It's difficult to be angry with something you don't believe in. I'm only speaking hypothetically for a argument's sake.

Deep down you know that ? exists my brother, every one does. That is why your "hypothetically" speaking about Him. Amen.

No, I don't believe in ? . This is why I'm speaking to you hypothetically for the purpose of argumentation. It's like, he doesn't exist but let's suppose he does for the sake of argument.

I don't buy that excuse for 1 second Oceanic. ? says that every single soul, who is of the age of accountability, knows intrinsically and extrinsically that there is a ? . To say otherwise is a bold face lie, to which ? calls all who do fools.

1. Intrinsic evidence for the existence of ? = "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what ? has done from the beginning to the end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

2. Extrinsic evidence for the existence of ? = "The heavens declare the glory of ? ; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Psalm 19:1 (read also Romans 1)

3. What ? calls all those who deny the truth = "Only fools say in their hearts, "There is no ? ." They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!" Psalm 14:1

Somebody is lying here Oceanic. ? or you?

"yea, let ? be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." Romans 3:4

Will you get out of the river de(NILE)? ? wants to take you out of Egypt and lead you to the Promised land! He wants to feed you with milk and honey. He wants to give your soul rest. He wants you to be at peace with Him. He wants to give you Eternal life! Why would any rational and sane being reject so great an offer as that?

He loves you my friend. Will you come to Him today?

Ppl can believe in a Creator and it doest have tobe the same ? as you. The quran also says you are damned foe no belief in Allah.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you are misunderstanding my posts because you are misreading them. Read to understand, not to reply.

I was at work. My bad man. U mentioned omniscience, not omnipresence. But that last paragraph still could apply.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The man of sin is alive right now, typing this to ya'll. It's coming soon...

so now you believe in the Anti Christ but don't believe in Christ... ironically that makes sense.

but you better than that yo..
  • Bodhi
    But that last paragraph still could apply.

No because I'm not necessarily trying to prove away omnipotence as you've claimed. I'm saying that collectively, ? 's omniscience and omnipotence cancel out free will. To SAVE the concept of free will, one would have to give up one of those qualities. To reconcile the existence of evil with the existence of ? , one would have to give up at least one of the three; those three being 1.) omniscience, 2.) omnibenevolence and 3.) omnipotence.

Picture this:

An author writes a novel. The author knows everything about the characters he creates. Everything about those characters come from his mind, and ultimately his will, since everything you read in that novel is written by him alone. You could imagine, with the right amount of imagination, that those characters within the novel would think that they have their own free will. Even reading the book, it may appear that the characters have their own minds, their own lives and maybe that world comes "alive" for you while reading. But at the end of the day, the characters have no free will at all. Everything that happened in that novel was written by the author.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? knows all future human action but he knows them for what they are possible actions and he only judges you upon those actions that you bring into reality.

life is not like a novel it does not have a preconceived ending
  • Bodhi
    zombie wrote: »
    ? knows all future human action but he knows them for what they are possible actions and he only judges you upon those actions that you bring into reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_wkzcTyJ0s
  • zombie
    edited October 2013

The video does not show but i've heard about the scientific arguments against free will and they are ? if this video is going to explain away freewill using quantum physics then it is ?

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beenwize wrote: »
    I'm not angry with ? . It's difficult to be angry with something you don't believe in. I'm only speaking hypothetically for a argument's sake.

Deep down you know that ? exists my brother, every one does. That is why your "hypothetically" speaking about Him. Amen.

No, I don't believe in ? . This is why I'm speaking to you hypothetically for the purpose of argumentation. It's like, he doesn't exist but let's suppose he does for the sake of argument.

I don't buy that excuse for 1 second Oceanic. ? says that every single soul, who is of the age of accountability, knows intrinsically and extrinsically that there is a ? . To say otherwise is a bold face lie, to which ? calls all who do fools.

1. Intrinsic evidence for the existence of ? = "He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what ? has done from the beginning to the end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

2. Extrinsic evidence for the existence of ? = "The heavens declare the glory of ? ; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Psalm 19:1 (read also Romans 1)

3. What ? calls all those who deny the truth = "Only fools say in their hearts, "There is no ? ." They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!" Psalm 14:1

Somebody is lying here Oceanic. ? or you?

"yea, let ? be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged." Romans 3:4

Will you get out of the river de(NILE)? ? wants to take you out of Egypt and lead you to the Promised land! He wants to feed you with milk and honey. He wants to give your soul rest. He wants you to be at peace with Him. He wants to give you Eternal life! Why would any rational and sane being reject so great an offer as that?

He loves you my friend. Will you come to Him today?

Ppl can believe in a Creator and it doest have tobe the same ? as you. The quran also says you are damned foe no belief in Allah.

Correct. People can believe in anything they want too. Sin and spiritual wickedness in high places has deceived all of humanity into believing a multitidue of lies. But at the end of the day, when all is said and done, ? will prove that there was only 1 truth and 1 way to be reconciled back to Him. Amen.
  • Bodhi

The video does not show but i've heard about the scientific arguments against free will and they are ? if this video is going to explain away freewill using quantum physics then it is ?

Ok well let me know when you've watched it.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The man of sin is alive right now, typing this to ya'll. It's coming soon...

So do you believe the Bible or not?

Cuz you're all over the place cuz....

Who knows?
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oceanic if it is how u say, that ? knows the whole story already, how do u explain the record of when ? saying 'now i know' in Genesis, in response to Abraham decision in faith to offer his son as a sacrifice.

Or how do you explain ? in the Bible expressing regret for having made man on earth?
  • Bodhi
    Rock_Well wrote: »
    @Oceanic if it is how u say, that ? knows the whole story already, how do u explain the record of when ? saying 'now i know' in Genesis, in response to Abraham decision in faith to offer his son as a sacrifice.

Or how do you explain ? in the Bible expressing regret for having made man on earth?

That would be a question you would have to ask yourself. That's why I don't believe in what the Bible says. I never said that ? was omniscient or omnipotent or that and this; I'm only telling y'all what classical theism says about ? and then why it doesn't make sense. If you want to say ? doesn't know everything already, that's fine with me. Actually, it would solve a lot of problems for you. You would just have to stop saying that ? is omniscient.
  • Arya Tsaddiq

No because I'm not necessarily trying to prove away omnipotence as you've claimed. I'm saying that collectively, ? 's omniscience and omnipotence cancel out free will. To SAVE the concept of free will, one would have to give up one of those qualities. To reconcile the existence of evil with the existence of ? , one would have to give up at least one of the three; those three being 1.) omniscience, 2.) omnibenevolence and 3.) omnipotence.

Picture this:

An author writes a novel. The author knows everything about the characters he creates. Everything about those characters come from his mind, and ultimately his will, since everything you read in that novel is written by him alone. You could imagine, with the right amount of imagination, that those characters within the novel would think that they have their own free will. Even reading the book, it may appear that the characters have their own minds, their own lives and maybe that world comes "alive" for you while reading. But at the end of the day, the characters have no free will at all. Everything that happened in that novel was written by the author.

I get what you're saying bro...

But at the end of the day, regardless of how we were created. WE have free will. YOU choose what you will or will not do. I don't care how you look at it. The fact that the Most High my have given us personalities susceptible to certain environmental influences to shift our decisions to fall in line with his based on our behavior doesnt mean we dont make our own decisions.

You really do practice Daoism. Your thought process makes sense based on their ideology tho.

• zombie
    edited October 2013

no i can't watch it because the video is not playing
  • Bodhi

Oh. You ever seen Through The Wormhole w/ Morgan Freeman?
  • zombie

i have seen some episodes but not that one.
  • Bodhi

Picture this:

But.. ..I don't care how you look at it.

Well then we're wasting our time.
  • Arya Tsaddiq

Picture this:

But.. ..I don't care how you look at it.

Well then we're wasting our time.

not necessarily. That is a figure of speech. Not me saying I don't respect your opinion. Im just trying to understand how you can believe that everything that happens Is in alignment with "nature" and nothing else, but oppose the idea of a intelligent designer.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Ezekiel 25:17
    and I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them

I think the Son is coming very soon... Repent, repent, repent. Don't be an arrogant human, because nature proves everyday that we are weak and feeble. And the Bible is strikingly accurate with it's prophesies. It was written...
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013

That would be a question you would have to ask yourself. That's why I don't believe in what the Bible says. I never said that ? was omniscient or omnipotent or that and this; I'm only telling y'all what classical theism says about ? and then why it doesn't make sense. If you want to say ? doesn't know everything already, that's fine with me. Actually, it would solve a lot of problems for you. You would just have to stop saying that ? is omniscient.

As a rule I try not to concern myself too much as to what 'Classical Theism' says about ? 's nature when it's not necessarily supported by what the Bible says.

The Bible does teach that ? is all-knowing, but it's a mistake to assume that means also knowing things that just can't be known - what you say Classical Theism says about ? 's nature.
  • Bodhi
    edited October 2013
    As a rule I try not to concern myself too much as to what 'Classical Theism' says about ? 's nature when it's not necessarily supported by what the Bible says.

The Abrahamic religions are under the classical theism umbrella. Classical theism supports the omni x3 theory and is differentiated from other forms of theism like panentheism.
    The Bible does teach that ? is all-knowing, but it's a mistake to assume that means also knowing things that just can't be known - what you say Classical Theism says about ? 's nature.

If ? is truly all-knowing, he knows all. If there is something ? doesn't know, he is not all-knowing. This includes the future because the future is something. If ? cannot know the future, there is a limit placed on ? 's knowledge and thus he is not omniscient.
  • Bodhi
    not necessarily. That is a figure of speech. Not me saying I don't respect your opinion. Im just trying to understand how you can believe that everything that happens Is in alignment with "nature" and nothing else, but oppose the idea of a intelligent designer.

Because there has to be at least several laws of nature that govern ? 's existence, much less his intelligence and his ability to create anything at all. Nothing can be arranged that orderly unless there is a principle behind it. That principle behind all things is nature. Humans have personified it as "mother nature" and "father ? " but nature is not an intelligent being per se. It creates intelligent entities.
  • Bodhi

It's on YouTube. Search "through the wormhole free will"
  • zombie

It's on YouTube. Search "through the wormhole free will"

you have to pay for the video.