If you believe the Devil will punish you in hell..

12346»

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    I enjoy the conversation and respect ur opinion.

Likewise.
    But i do have a question. As a practiced of daoism, what do u think our society would need to eliminate some of the "suffering" we experience? Especially the black race.

We would need to eliminate the current destructive mind-state and practice mental discipline. More specifically, an elimination of the three poisons (greed, hate, and delusion). I think the path to righteousness is the same regardless of things like race; I am also practicing Buddhism so I fully endorse the Eightfold Path. A lot of my advice would be Buddhist ethics rather than exclusively Taoist principles..

For African Americans, I think our main focus right now should be creating a better future for our community and children by rebuilding a stronger family structure. There should be stronger ties between black man and woman. There should be more feelings of brotherhood and family as opposed to competition. When I make eye contact with another black man (nh), I call him brother.. or woman, sister to connect in peace.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oceanic wrote: »
    I enjoy the conversation and respect ur opinion.

Likewise.
    But i do have a question. As a practiced of daoism, what do u think our society would need to eliminate some of the "suffering" we experience? Especially the black race.

We would need to eliminate the current destructive mind-state and practice mental discipline. More specifically, an elimination of the three poisons (greed, hate, and delusion). I think the path to righteousness is the same regardless of things like race; I am also practicing Buddhism so I fully endorse the Eightfold Path.
    For African Americans, I think our main focus right now should be creating a better future for our community and children by rebuilding a stronger family structure. There should be stronger ties between black man and woman. There should be more feelings of brotherhood and family as opposed to competition. When I make eye contact with another black man (nh), I call him brother.. or woman, sister to connect in peace.

i can feel that. Regardless of religious affiliation, if u are doing anything to better the communities so many of us live in...i can rock with it.

we can put aside our differences and work that out later. There are more important things to focus on. Because honestly when it comes to spirituality, that is something u cant beat a person over the head with. It has to be genuine and stem from a sincere thirst for truth. Everyone finds exactly what they are supposed to tho in the end.

If the beginning of the next man spiritual journey begins with me, it won't be because I beat them over the head with it. It will be because the Most High brought them in my path and allowed my discerning spirit to catch on to something they nay have said or done that lets me know the need to know something I may.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alissowack wrote: »
    I believe the Devil doesn't care what man does...whether good deeds or bad deeds...as long as man is not seeking ? while doing so.
    Very good post