THE DARK SIDE OF THE BIBLE- SATAN VS JEHOVAH (YOU JUDGE )

Comments

• Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't read my post. Ok.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ziryab wrote: »

i did read it but waiting on the end times is still a wasted effort and you took those verses out of context
  • Black Boy King
    zombie wrote: »

i did read it but waiting on the end times is still a wasted effort and you took those verses out of context

Explain to me how I took them out of context please. If I got ish messed up help me out then bro, seriously
  • Black Boy King
    edited October 2013
    If you actually read my post you would not have reiterated "no one knows the hour or time of His coming". I did not speak of an hour or time because I don't know.

Also, you would have read the Scripture I posted saying the evil servant will say "my Lord delayeth His coming" or how modern translations word it "My Lord isn't coming back for a long time"... .....Is this what you are saying?
  • zombie
    If you actually read my post you would not have reiterated "no one knows the hour or time of His coming". I did not speak of an hour or time because I don't know.

Also, you would have read the Scripture I posted saying the evil servant will say "my Lord delayeth His coming" or how modern translations word it "My Lord isn't coming back for a long time"... .....Is this what you are saying?

that was not a statement pointed directly at you but more of a general statement to people who believe they can know when the end will come.

but to address what i believe to be your talking things out of context lets look at. matt 16 jesus is talking about the religious people of his time not far future generations

matt 24 is not about the far future either it is about the end of "the age" the end of temple worship as the jews then knew it and the suffering of judea that not so long after chist died the romans brought about.

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited October 2013
    . . for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever." (Jeremiah 3:12) "Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which sh burn forever. Thus saith the Lord." (Jeremiah 17:4)
  • beenwize
    edited October 2013
    Anansi wrote: »
    beenwize wrote: »
    But didn't christ say I and my father are one meaning the ? of israel and himself are one? So what gives, to say that i'm a follower of yahweh but not christ?

The question is what father was Jesus referring to? He never specifically memtions Yahweh by name. The ancient gnostic Christians from over 2,000 years agp believed that the father Jesus taught about was not the old testament Jehovah.

Same guy jesus mentions that, he did not come to abolish the law or the prophets who foretold of his coming but to fulfill it so what gives? If indeed, he's referring to the ones the prophets worshiped , then he's the one. If not, then i guess judaist are still waiting on their messiah.

How do we know if the Bible is a reliable source of Christ teachings? The same book published, promoted, and distributed by white ppl was gods plan to have us know truth?

"If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.(John 5:31, J.C. speaking) "I am one that bear witness of myself . . ." (John 8:18, J.C. speaking)
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    . . for I am merciful, saith the Lord, and I will not keep anger forever." (Jeremiah 3:12) "Ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which sh burn forever. Thus saith the Lord." (Jeremiah 17:4)

Lmao
  • Rasta.
    But didn't christ say I and my father are one meaning the ? of israel and himself are one? So what gives, to say that i'm a follower of yahweh but not christ?

The question is what father was Jesus referring to? He never specifically memtions Yahweh by name. The ancient gnostic Christians from over 2,000 years agp believed that the father Jesus taught about was not the old testament Jehovah.

Same guy jesus mentions that, he did not come to abolish the law or the prophets who foretold of his coming but to fulfill it so what gives? If indeed, he's referring to the ones the prophets worshiped , then he's the one. If not, then i guess judaist are still waiting on their messiah.

How do we know if the Bible is a reliable source of Christ teachings? The same book published, promoted, and distributed by white ppl was gods plan to have us know truth?

"If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.(John 5:31, J.C. speaking) "I am one that bear witness of myself . . ." (John 8:18, J.C. speaking)

Be careful in your words cos the lord thy ? may show no mercy although he's a merciful ?
  • beenwize

Be careful in your words cos the lord thy ? may show no mercy although he's a merciful ?

He is very merciful and still created everlasting hell for unbelievers.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anybody got some more certified prophecies that we can checc
  • zombie
    the literal translation of jeremiah17:4 is the better one

and thou hast let go -- even through thyself, Of thine inheritance that I gave to thee, And I have caused thee to serve thine enemies, In a land that thou hast not known, For a fire ye have kindled in Mine anger, Unto the age it doth burn.
  • Rasta.
    The book of revelations is the stuff fantasy movies are made of
  • zombie
    all who go to hell will be there because they choose it
  • beenwize

and thou hast let go -- even through thyself, Of thine inheritance that I gave to thee, And I have caused thee to serve thine enemies, In a land that thou hast not known, For a fire ye have kindled in Mine anger, Unto the age it doth burn.

Thats what happens when you see a contradiction. you run to another translation. if the bible is the word of ? then shouldnt it be perfect in all languages especially if our eternal fate is supposidly based on this book?
  • zombie

Thats what happens when you see a contradiction. you run to another translation. if the bible is the word of ? then shouldnt it be perfect in all languages especially if our eternal fate is supposidly based on this book?

there is no contradiction and it says the same thing in all versions, words are symbols that convey ideas and messages when your culture lacks certain ideas sometimes a word that is closest to what the original word is believed to be trying to convey is used. but the intent of the original message does not change. in english for example there is a different conotation given when you say something is big vs saying something is humongous.

or the difference between paradise and heaven people often get them confused
    and your eternal fate is not tied to the bible it's tired to what's in your heart.
  • Black Boy King

that was not a statement pointed directly at you but more of a general statement to people who believe they can know when the end will come.

but to address what i believe to be your talking things out of context lets look at. matt 16 jesus is talking about the religious people of his time not far future generations

matt 24 is not about the far future either it is about the end of "the age" the end of temple worship as the jews then knew it and the suffering of judea that not so long after chist died the romans brought about.

Are you telling me that you believe that everything in Matthew 24 has already come to past
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CracceR wrote: »
    Interesting....

not really tho
    all this over a book that was written ages ago
    and nobody in our time can really prove it right or wrong

The word of ? proves itself. The prophecies testify to the word of ? being true. Over 25% of the word of ? is prophetic. Most of it has been fulfilled already. The only things left to be fulfilled concern the end of this age and the eternal kingdom of ? . And if you can't discern by now, we are on the cusp of those prophecies coming to pass soon. The signs of the times testify to that fact. Amen.

ok drop some non-vague prophecies that came true in our time and we can prove that it happened
    ppl have been thinkin they gonna see the endtimes since aeons http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Egypt would never again rule over other nations

"It will be the lowliest of kingdoms and will never again exalt itself above the other nations. I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations." Ezekiel 29:15

Written: between 593-571 BC

In Ezekiel 29:15, the prophet says that Egypt would recover from a desolation (perhaps Babylon's attack about 2600 years ago), but that it would never again rule over other nations. Up until the time of Ezekiel, Egypt had been a world power for centuries, dominating many nations, including Israel. But for most of the past 2500 years, Egypt has been controlled by foreign powers, including the Romans, Ottomans and Europeans. Today, Egypt is an independent nation again. In 1948, 1967 and 1973, Egypt tried to dominate Israel but was unsuccessful each time, despite the fact that Egypt is 10 times larger than Israel. Since the time of Ezekiel, Egypt no longer rules over other nations.

sounds still kinda vague to me, i mean if this confirms your faith more power to you.
    ok egypt doesnt rule over other nations but it could be that bacc when they wrote this chapter they already saw the decline of egypt and they just thought that they will never be great again.

That is just 1 example of hundreds of fulfilled prophecies my friend. My faith doesn't rest in that though. My faith rests in King Jesus who died, was buried, and rose again from the dead! His sacrifice for me washed away my sins as far as the east is from the west. Hallelujah! But the same Jesus that I love and serve, is the same Jesus who died for you as well. If you will come to Him today, you can change your eternal destiny! Do you want to reign and rule with King Jesus forever and ever my friend?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    no one knows when the world is going to end and interpreating the signs of the times is ultimately counter productive.

Are these your earthly thoughts telling you that or the Word of ? ?

Understand that no one here is claiming to know the exact hour and time the Lord is coming for not even the Son knows! Noah did not know the exact time the rain would start but he knew it would be soon and that's what he tried to tell the people.

No sign of the times will be given (better yet, interpreted) to an evil, adulterous servant, but he will give forewarning to his faithful servants. He tells His servants repeatedly to what to look for at the end of times, then tells them to "watch" for them.

But an evil servant does not believe in the Word of ? , therefore they will not see the signs...! For they believe in worldly things such as weather forecasts and such but choose to ignore the signs from the heavens (e.g. when the Messiah came the first time and walked among them working miracles and fulfilling the exact prophecy written).

Don't believe me, believe the Word!
    Matthew 16
    1 The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came , and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven. 2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say , It will be fair weather: for the sky is red . 3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring . O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times? 4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed .

Jonah's sign was he had to be swallowed up in the belly of the fish for 3 days... I interpret that as the evil people (evil as in those not believing in ? ), will have to go through the Tribulation and suffering of His wrath (because it is only Him that can allow a man to stay inside a fish alive!!!), before they recognize that it is indeed HIM the LORD.

But He then turns around and says HIS FAITHFUL SERVANTS will be moved to forewarn others
    Matthew 24
    45 "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48 But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, 'My master is staying away a long time,' 49 and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. 50 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Woe to the evil man that insists the Lord does not come soon! Seek the wisdom and He will give it to you, trust! Believe in the prophecies of the Book and watch for them for there WILL be a time where they come to past!

listen, NO ONE KNOWS THE TIME OR THE HOUR and ? comes like a theif in the night so guessing is a wasted effort and only pushes people away from belief, because when nothing happens they look at you like a fraud so preaching end time philosophy is counter productive. That's how we got the jehovah's witnesses

and the more popular the end of the world preaching becomes the more i know that the world is not ending, let the world ends when it ends you just focus on living as godly as you can.
    Just a suggestion my brother. You might want to do a study of 1 Thessalonians chapter 5. We are not to be ignorant of the "times and seasons" so that the day of the Lord will not take us as a thief. If we are in the light, then we are watching for the "times and seasons" of the Lords return. Thus the day will not overtake us as a thief. It's similar to the parable of the 5 wise and 5 foolish virgins. You might want to study that as well. Just a suggestion. Amen.
  • Black Boy King
    edited October 2013
    Bro, have you read Matthews 24? You say it isn't about the end of times, but have you not directly quoted it a few posts ago saying "no one knows the hour or time of His return" which is in Matthew 24?

there is no contradiction and it says the same thing in all versions, words are symbols that convey ideas and messages when your culture lacks certain ideas sometimes a word that is closest to what the original word is believed to be trying to convey is used. but the intent of the original message does not change. in english for example there is a different conotation given when you say something is big vs saying something is humongous.

or the difference between paradise and heaven people often get them confused
    and your eternal fate is not tied to the bible it's tired to what's in your heart.
    This is a LIE.

I'm extending my hand, fam. the KING JAMES VERSION of the Bible is the BEST translation we have. Many other translations distort various verses to confuse people. Sometimes they will innocently change the words to make it easier to understand but too often have I found that they actually changed a whole idea! It's blasphemy!

Example...

Jeremiah 14:2

King James Version
    Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish; they are black unto the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up.

New King James Version
    “Judah mourns, And her gates languish; They mourn for the land, And the cry of Jerusalem has gone up.
    ^^^Where did they get this???

American Standard Version
    2 Judah mourneth, and the gates thereof languish, they sit in black upon the ground; and the cry of Jerusalem is gone up

^^^Why do they keep changing this part?????

Good News Translation
    2 “Judah is in mourning;
    its cities are dying,
    its people lie on the ground in sorrow,
    and Jerusalem cries out for help

OK THIS IS GETTING JUST DOWNRIGHT SILLY.

Now if you understand how to use a concordance, you will be able to translate words of the ORIGINAL KING JAMES VERSION back to their HEBREW and GREEK MEANING IN THEIR SPECIFIC CONTEXT. The word BLACK in this verse in Hebrew is

qâdar - to be ashy, i.e. dark colored; by implication, to mourn

The ground is different shades of brown and the further you go down into Earth, the DARKER it gets until it is fully BLACK. You have a certain scattered and battered group of people in this world that resemble the color of the ground and it's different shades, from damn near BLACK to a very light brown, that have been cut off from their heritage just as the Bible prophesied they would be, whose hair is takes the liking of WOOL as Jesus Christ's did. JUDAH, the same tribe Jesus Christ comes from!

...Do you see what's going on here?

It's clear that the translations after the King James version don't want the people of Judah (nor any of the other 11 Israelite tribes) to know who they are! But it's clear when you read through the Bible who the real Jews are!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    ISRAEL TO BECOME A NATION IN ONE DAY

PROPHECY: "Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children." Isaiah 66:8

FULFILLMENT: We've all heard the expression, Rome wasn't built in a day yet this verse, while confessing the absurdity of a nation being formed in one day, promises that Israel would again become a nation. The passage in Isaiah leaves no room for doubt as to what this prophecy indicates. It specifically compares Israel (Zion) to a woman in labor and clearly states the nation's rebirth will occur within a day. As promised, Israel did indeed become a united, sovereign nation for the first time since the days of King Solomon in just one day: May 15, 1948.
    Throughout history, it has never been known for a people to have been dispersed for millenniums and to later become united with their culture, religion, and language intact.
  • Black Boy King
    Lucifer, son of the morning, we gonna CHASE you out of Earth!
  • zombie

Are you telling me that you believe that everything in Matthew 24 has already come to past

i view it as being highly possible that most if not all of matthew 24 has been fulfilled this is called the partial peterist view, i hold this view on this passage but not on all prophecy in the bible.
  • beenwize

PROPHECY: "Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children." Isaiah 66:8

FULFILLMENT: We've all heard the expression, Rome wasn't built in a day yet this verse, while confessing the absurdity of a nation being formed in one day, promises that Israel would again become a nation. The passage in Isaiah leaves no room for doubt as to what this prophecy indicates. It specifically compares Israel (Zion) to a woman in labor and clearly states the nation's rebirth will occur within a day. As promised, Israel did indeed become a united, sovereign nation for the first time since the days of King Solomon in just one day: May 15, 1948.
    Throughout history, it has never been known for a people to have been dispersed for millenniums and to later become united with their culture, religion, and language intact.

A LIE! If you kept reading you would know that this prophecy has not been fulfilled at all. The Bible states that when Israel is restored it will be PEACE. Has it been peace in Israel since 1948?

Isaiah 66:12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting....

not really tho
    all this over a book that was written ages ago
    and nobody in our time can really prove it right or wrong

The word of ? proves itself. The prophecies testify to the word of ? being true. Over 25% of the word of ? is prophetic. Most of it has been fulfilled already. The only things left to be fulfilled concern the end of this age and the eternal kingdom of ? . And if you can't discern by now, we are on the cusp of those prophecies coming to pass soon. The signs of the times testify to that fact. Amen.

ok drop some non-vague prophecies that came true in our time and we can prove that it happened
    ppl have been thinkin they gonna see the endtimes since aeons http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Egypt would never again rule over other nations

"It will be the lowliest of kingdoms and will never again exalt itself above the other nations. I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations." Ezekiel 29:15

Written: between 593-571 BC

In Ezekiel 29:15, the prophet says that Egypt would recover from a desolation (perhaps Babylon's attack about 2600 years ago), but that it would never again rule over other nations. Up until the time of Ezekiel, Egypt had been a world power for centuries, dominating many nations, including Israel. But for most of the past 2500 years, Egypt has been controlled by foreign powers, including the Romans, Ottomans and Europeans. Today, Egypt is an independent nation again. In 1948, 1967 and 1973, Egypt tried to dominate Israel but was unsuccessful each time, despite the fact that Egypt is 10 times larger than Israel. Since the time of Ezekiel, Egypt no longer rules over other nations.

sounds still kinda vague to me, i mean if this confirms your faith more power to you.
    ok egypt doesnt rule over other nations but it could be that bacc when they wrote this chapter they already saw the decline of egypt and they just thought that they will never be great again.

That is just 1 example of hundreds of fulfilled prophecies my friend. My faith doesn't rest in that though. My faith rests in King Jesus who died, was buried, and rose again from the dead! His sacrifice for me washed away my sins as far as the east is from the west. Hallelujah! But the same Jesus that I love and serve, is the same Jesus who died for you as well. If you will come to Him today, you can change your eternal destiny! Do you want to reign and rule with King Jesus forever and ever my friend?

yea that could be fun but i dont see it happening, i dont understand how ppl can put this much faith in a book
    i would need to see jesus and his miracles with my own eyes.

critics would say the zionists formed in the late 1900 solely for the purpose to build israel, so they tried to fulfill the prophecy themselfes.