Did your family raise you to be racist?

2»

Comments

• Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw. My Moms grew came up in the late 70s. Imma Messican but she came up with black folks. Always said "color dont mean ? " so I just rolled with it
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2013
    Well, my folks didn't teach me hate exactly. My folks made it clear white america is not my friend. White people were like that snake in the backyard you tell your kids to look out for, but worst.

They came from harsher times and remnants of it lingered in that southern town when I was coming up, even to this day. I'm pretty sure they hated white people at some point given their era, but learned to tolerate as time went own. Even if they wanted to teach us (me and my sister) equality, that idea would have been broken by the environment we were raised in. They knew what the deal was and made sure we knew as well. Prepared us for the trials and tribulations we would encounter further down the line.

We were young and vulnerable, having to function away from them in environments evolving white people and white authority. They knew that all white people weren't bad, but it was a defensive measure to assume hostile till proven other wise. So the lines were drawn. And I can count on one hand how many times "other wise" ever happened.

I'll admit though, the ? was unfair to those that had proven genuine in their hearts. Their have been several white people that didn't deserve the treatment I've given them. But.... ? it.
  • GorillaWitAttitude
    GorillaWitAttitude Members Posts: 3,566
    Nope, because I'm a smart young male that thinks for himself. To answer the question no because my family isn't racist.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rahlow wrote: »
    How can a black be a racist? What system do we have in place that hinders a person from achieving anything, strips people of their cultural identity and replace it with a byword? Where do we systematically dehumanize nations of people and reduce them to cattle or 3/5ths of a human being?

It's humanly impractical for blacks to exercise the white created system of racism. If there was ever a time where we were suddenly in a position on the world stage to be able to do something on par to racism we fa damn sho wouldn't call it "racism"... more like "a recompense of righteous indignation"

Now.. outside of that there, I was raised to to love and build with my own people exclusively. I have never lived among nor befriended white people before. The only dealings I have with white people is usually monetary (whites handing me my change/or an exchange over the counter)

What about black people in africa can they be racist?