business plan questions

mike06
mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in Strictly Business
I want to start a business and I need help putting together a business plan. The business I wanna run is a production company focusing primarily on animation production{makin cartoons). So if I can get a couple key questions answered from some I'd appreciate it....

1. how much funding is nessecary to run a production company
2. where can I find information like this out(to help determine company projections)
3. how do I figure out the projections....is it based off of formulas
4. how much money should I request for in my business plan

i'll have more questions later....all help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    well have you researched other production companies to see what they are doing?

do you know exactly how animation production is done?

once you figure out that, then you can do some cost accounting and then come up with a legitimate business plan?

are you going to be the main artist involved or are you trying to just own a studio and have other artists actually do the animation?

start looking at companies like Disney and Pixar
  • mike06
    edited May 2010
    well have you researched other production companies to see what they are doing?

do you know exactly how animation production is done?

once you figure out that, then you can do some cost accounting and then come up with a legitimate business plan?

are you going to be the main artist involved or are you trying to just own a studio and have other artists actually do the animation?

start looking at companies like Disney and Pixar

not really...i've looked at some websites of production companies but nothing in-depth cuz i'm not really sure what i'm reseraching when i'm on there

no i dont know much about animation production but i'll do some research for that

and i want to own the studio and hire the artists or sell my idea to another production company and do a joint project....

can i start up the production compnay before securing a studio and funding so that i can network and maybe work thru a website?
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    well the key to doing a business plan is research

research, research, and research

you basically want to figure out how competition does business in your industry and then you need to figure out what exactly is it that you do different from them

because you don't want to waste ya time reinventing the same wheel

you especially need to figure out what exactly makes the competition successful at what they do.............you HAVE to know how animation production works from start to finish

then you'll understand the costs and how they make profits

then you'll come up with a legitimate business plan.............

as far as the company itself, you can start that now, but it will most likely be a waste of time if you don't do ya research 1st

companies tend to be more successful by stepping into the game ready to run...........you have to have an actual product to sell before people start taking you seriously

networking at best may get you some apprenticeship in your industry, but you don't need to waste time and energy starting a company just to get that
  • mike06
    edited May 2010
    appreciate the info homie...