Ancient Egyptian Moon ?

beenwize
beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
I think this is pretty interesting how "Iah" is an Ancient Egyptian moon ? . And it's quite funny how the Old Testament celebrates the NEW MOON and some ppl follow the LUNAR Sabbath. Here is also a list of some Old Testament prophets of Yah.

Zacariah
Micaiah Isaiah
Zephaniah
Jeremiah
Obadiah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iah

Iah ( Egyptian: Jˁḥ, transliterated as Yah, Jah, Jah(w), Joh or Aah [2]) is a ? of the moon in ancient Egyptian religion. His name simply means moon. By the New Kingdom he was less prominent as a moon deity than the other gods with lunar connections, Thoth and Khonsu. As a result of the functional connection between them he could be identified with either of those deities.

He was sometimes considered an adult form of Khonsu and was increasingly absorbed by him. Iah continued to appear in amulets and occasional other representations, similar to Khonsu in appearance, with the same lunar symbols on his head and occasionally the same tight garments. He differed in usually wearing a full wig instead of a child's sidelock, and sometimes an Atef crown topped by another symbol.[3] As time went on, Iah also became Iah-Djuhty, meaning "? of the new moon."[4]

Iah was also assimilated with Osiris, ? of the dead, perhaps because, in its monthly cycle, the moon appears to renew itself. Iah also seems to have assumed the lunar aspect of Thoth, ? of knowledge, writing and calculation; the segments of the moon were used as fractional symbols in writing.[5]

Comments

• beenwize

Numbers 10:10

Also at your times of rejoicing—your appointed festivals and New Moon feasts—you are to sound the trumpets over your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, and they will be a memorial for you before your ? . I am the Lord your ? .”
  • beenwize
    edited November 2013
    Psalm 81:3

Blow up the trumpet in the new moon,
    in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day.
  • beenwize

2 Chronicles 2:4

4 Behold, I build an house to the name of the Lord my ? , to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the Lord our ? . This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? ether, don't people see the deity slowly becomes a fusion of other deities until he absorbed so many deities he became the supreme ? much further in history. Smh, people are crazy
  • beenwize
    edited November 2013
    ? ether, don't people see the deity slowly becomes a fusion of other deities until he absorbed so many deities he became the supreme ? much further in history. Smh, people are crazy

The new moon is celebrated all through the Old Testament and don't forget Allah who is also considered the ? of Abraham.

The crescent moon in ISLAM.

crescent-200.gif

• beenwize
  • beenwize

Keep in mind that the Islam ? is also called the ? of Abraham and identifies Isalm with the crescent moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarikh

Yarikh (also written as Jerah, Jarah, or Jorah (Hebrew spelling ירח) Yarkhibol in Phoenician) is a moon ? in Canaanite religion whose epithets are "illuminator of the heavens"', "illuminator of the myriads of stars" and "lord of the sickle". The latter epithet may come from the appearance of the crescent moon. Yarikh was recognized as the provider of nightly dew, and married to the goddess Nikkal, his moisture causing her orchards to bloom in the desert. The city of Jericho bears his name.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, jesus is the personification of a sun ?
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    There are findings out there that says things that make Islam and Christianity different. Whether you trust those sources is another story.
  • beenwize
    edited November 2013
    alissowack wrote: »
    There are findings out there that says things that make Islam and Christianity different. Whether you trust those sources is another story.

All I will say is that this information is for those that have eyes to see and ears to hear.
  • beenwize
    Where does the moon dwell?

1 kings 8:12
    Then spake Solomon, The LORD said th would dwell in the thick darkness.
  • alissowack
    @beenwise. Just because you post information to read on a thread doesn't make it "true". Anybody can do this. This doesn't take into consideration that there are arguments saying that there are no similarities between Christianity and Islam. If you are really seeking knowledge, you would weigh both sides and not treat this as some..."Christianity Exposed" bit.
  • beenwize
    @beenwise. Just because you post information to read on a thread doesn't make it "true". Anybody can do this. This doesn't take into consideration that there are arguments saying that there are no similarities between Christianity and Islam. If you are really seeking knowledge, you would weigh both sides and not treat this as some..."Christianity Exposed" bit.

Please refer to my previous post to you.
  • alissowack
    @beenwise. What about the heart (and I'm not talking anatomy)? The heart hears and sees what it wants.
  • beenwize
    @beenwise. What about the heart (and I'm not talking anatomy)? The heart hears and sees what it wants.

Escape the Matrix or play the game. I'm starting to think you are an agent.

• alissowack
    beenwize wrote: »

Whether you are awake or asleep, you are still alive. What good is information if it doesn't keep you from...death?
  • beenwize
    edited November 2013
    I wonder why the name Yahweh is all over the old testament and nowhere in the New Testament? According to the gnostic christians Yahweh was not the Father of Christ. The gnostics were wiped out by the Romans. Why did Christ say this to religious ppl?

<< < = = > >>

John 8:41-47 King James Version (KJV)

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even ? .

42 Jesus said unto them, If ? were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from ? ; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of ? heareth ? 's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of ? .
  • alissowack
    Wonder why the name Yah is all over the old testament and nowhere in the New Testament? According to the gnostic christians Yahweh was not the Father of Christ. The gnostics were wiped out by the Romans. This is what Christ said to some Yahweh worshippers.

<< < = = > >>

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even ? .

42 Jesus said unto them, If ? were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from ? ; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of ? heareth ? 's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of ? .

...and I wonder why you think there aren't any counter-arguments to this. The same internet that you use as your source to support your claims is the very same place where there are sources that are not supportive. If I was really concerned for the truth, I would want to do more than just find things that support what presuppositions I have already about something. I would want to do more than just go to my "favorite" sites and YouTube videos. I would want to see what other people, who are considered qualified (religious or irreligious), have to say against my claim and allow for a constructive dialogue. But, all I see is a person who is only interested in how religious fanatics react to what you perceive to be the truth.
  • beenwize

Whether you are awake or asleep, you are still alive. What good is information if it doesn't keep you from...death?[/quo
    te]
    Everyone born on this planet will die one day so your point? At least I can say I didn't stay in a program given to the masses by the powers that be. i actually thought for myself instead of blindly following the heard. Life goes on regardless. I believe in a after life.
  • beenwize
    Wonder why the name Yah is all over the old testament and nowhere in the New Testament? According to the gnostic christians Yahweh was not the Father of Christ. The gnostics were wiped out by the Romans. This is what Christ said to some Yahweh worshippers.

<< < = = > >>

...and I wonder why you think there aren't any counter-arguments to this. The same internet that you use as your source to support your claims is the very same place where there are sources that are not supportive. If I was really concerned for the truth, I would want to do more than just find things that support what presuppositions I have already about something. I would want to do more than just go to my "favorite" sites and YouTube videos. I would want to see what other people, who are considered qualified (religious or irreligious), have to say against my claim and allow for a constructive dialogue. But, all I see is a person who is only interested in how religious fanatics react to what you perceive to be the truth.

If what you are saying is so true than why aren't you questioning your Bible? You are a hypocrite.
    I've done my work both sides. have you?
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • beenwize
    bambu wrote: »
    WRONG.....

prove it.

• bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all by the time of the rise of the Hebrew ? , Iah was fully absorbed by the major moon deity Thoth.......
    Iah, jaH,[7] was an ancient, minor moon ? , personification of the heavenly body [3] just as the Aten, the sun disk, was the embodiment of the sun. Like the more important moon deities Thoth and Khonsu, with whom he merged later on,[6] he could manifest himself as a crescent new moon, an ibis or a falcon. [3]
    He became part of the Osiris cult in the time of the 5th dynasty and sailed the ma'atet-boat as Osiris,[1] for Osiris as moon child ? –according to an Isis temple chant who cometh to us as a babe each month–was in the care of Thoth, of whom it was said that

He lays thy (i.e. Osiris' ) soul in the maadit [8] boat
    by the magic of thy name of Ah [6]

In the Pyramid texts of Pepi I he is referred to as the late pharaoh's brother.[2] He was especially popular at the beginning of the New Kingdom, possibly as the result of Middle Eastern influences,[3] when names like Ahmose, meaning 'Iah is born', and Ahhotep, 'Iah is content', were frequent.[4] In the Book of the Dead Osiris is described as shining forth in the splendor of A'ah.[1]
    Iah and his cult are but rarely referred to after the early New Kingdom.[3] According to the Late Period Teachings of Amenemope Iah is one of the avenging deities who will establish crimes against evil-doers.[5]

When someone acquires (something) by means of a false oath, he will be fettered by the manifested might of Iah.
    The Teachings of Amenemope [5]

[1] Margaret R. Bunsen, Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt, New York 2002, p.1
    [2] Thesaurus Linguae Aegyptiae website: Altägyptisches Wörterbuch, Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften => Pyramidentexte => Pyramide Pepis I. => Vorkammer => Westwand => PT 481
    [3] George Hart, The Routledge dictionary of Egyptian gods and goddesses, Routledge 2005, p.77
    [4] M. L. Bierbrier, Historical Dictionary of Ancient Egypt, 2008, p. 98
    [5] Thesaurus Linguae Aegyptiae website: Altägyptisches Wörterbuch, Sächsische Akademie der Wissenschaften => 3. Weisheitslehren => Neuägyptische Weisheitslehren => Die Lehre des Amenemope => 1. pBM EA 10474 => Die Lehre des Amenemope
    [6] Donald A. MacKenzie, Egyptian Myth and Legend, BiblioBazaar, LLC, 2009, pp.27f.
    [7] transliteration jaH
    [8] maadit-boat: the solar bark, the Maat- (Archibald Henry Sayce, The religions of ancient Egypt and Babylonia: the Gifford lectures on the ancient Egyptian and Babylonian conception of the divine, delivered in Aberdeen, AMS Press, 1979, p.73)

However there are theories like Freud's Moses and Akhenaten that suggest that Joseph was actually an Egyptian named Yuya that worshiped Yah.......

He is one of the only Egyptian mummies with a full beard......

Typical of most Hebrews............

449px-Mummy_mask_of_Yuya.jpg.

Tuyayuya.jpg

For more information on more accurate lunar origins of the Hebrew ? see the original sin...........

• beenwize
    edited November 2013
    I do my research and have my own path. I don't follow the herd so you can go your way. btw nothing you posted debunked anything I posted.
This discussion has been closed.