Ayo...Comicbook junkies! I created my own character!

evoljeanyes
evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in Quite Comical
Let me start by saying...I have Asperger's (meaning I am Autistic) Anyways. I just got heavy backing for my novel which is written with the combination of 4 Universes. Marvel, DC, Mythology, and Real world.

Basically my mane character ? up space-time and is re-born into the world of the readers. He is a Telepath, he flies at light speed, super strength, invulnerability, force fields, but his main powerset is that he controls dreams (dreams are very important to Autism). In dreams he can warp reality and ? with souls. The story is written as if sleep represents the adventures of souls(on some amped inception type ? ) the other hero in the book is a girl who controls the Astral plane, she is a psionic (think Female nate grey/Martian manhunter type). She is cognizant of all existance (like a schizophrenic). When the main character is born she is retconned from the comic universe and stuck in real world trying to get out. She needs his help but it has to happen organically she can't manipulate him. The whole story is subversely about a battle battle between eternity/infinity vs death/oblivion for the control over the after life. Death and Oblivion create their own life cycle re-incarnating all of the deceased by stopping them from serving their purpose during life. Eternity and Infinity are no longer receiving fulfilled souls to send through the eternal life cycle. This threatens to break the laws of the cosmos that main character is to r-align. Anyways. The girls main foe is D'urge.

Its about eternal life with the concept of Pure souls being incapable of existing on Earth because they abide by universal laws and Earth has created its own laws outside of the universe ultimately making Earth its own Hell.

Its cool I got to make my own battles. I'm in the final stages of getting sign off for the characters I used. And I get a comic booth at the festivals in 2014 alongside the charity that funded my book.

I thought it'd be a cool share.

Comments

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. Can you post some pics? Why is Autism connected to dreams?
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! you'll have to post some of your work some day
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    U should reveal your disability after you present your idea.

• evoljeanyes
    indyman87 wrote: »

Because it sets criteria for how we function. Sets expectations. Earth is vapid in order to avoid extrme boredom dreams give us things to do in life or things recreate. People that we're close to in proximity and relationship frequently have dreams connected to the dreams we have during the day. We

• evoljeanyes
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Also I am not allowed to use images major infringement.
  • evoljeanyes
    jaxn wrote: »
    Congrats!! you'll have to post some of your work some day

I should be finished with everything in the next two weeks. I am schedules to do book festivals all fall winter.
  • evoljeanyes

RodrigueZz wrote: »
    U should reveal your disability after you present your idea.

None of my friends no of my disability. Will be revealing on my release date.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much respect, I hope that everything goes well bruh. Keep us detailed, I'll see what I can do to show my support.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Just came in here to say Batman can be your character with prep.

Lol na just ? with ya good ? bruh much respect
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm creating my character for dcu online. he's going to be another black member of the bat family. i'm calling him
    Ebon . he'll be a meta human martial artist armed with concusion grenades batons a collapsible bo staff . his martial art will be sort of mixed martial artist a combination of kung fu ju jitsu and judo his metahuman powers will be Olympic class strength the ability to control shadows or matarialzie shadow into solid matter or whatever hence forth the name Ebon. his dark matter powers are still a work in progress . I guess he's sort of the hero version of the shade or night shade or also shadow theif. his build will be short around 5ft 9 or f ft 10 and stocky (athletic, muscular) like a slightly shorter version of mike Tyson. I could use more sugestions for weapons or his metahuman ability.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm creating my character for dcu online. he's going to be another black member of the bat family. i'm calling him
    Ebon Sphinx. he'll be a meta human martial artist armed with concusion grenades batons a collapsible bo staff the ability to mold shadows into any solid form of weapon. His martial art will be sort of mixed martial artist a combination of kung fu ju jitsu and judo his metahuman powers will be Olympic class strength the ability to control shadows or matarialize shadow into solid matter or whatever hence forth the name Ebon. His dark matter powers are still a work in progress allow him to mimic the skills/powers and abilities of all his enemies for example he fights a ninja that can control and manipulate ice, his shadows can cover his opponent and steal or copy his opponents powers to use against him. I guess he's sort of the hero version of the shade or night shade or also shadow thief. His build will be short around 5ft 9 or f ft 10 and stocky (athletic, muscular) like a slightly shorter version of mike Tyson of African Origins but some say he's the reincarnation of the King Hannibal of Carthage brought back from the grave but that's just a myth, the Egyptians called him a ? or a Sphinx. His shadow powers even possess further than weapons and emulate that of Green Lanterns allowing him the ability to use flight, speed and create shadowy clones of himself at will. He can I could use more suggestions for weapons or his metahuman ability.

Just adding on...