How come Germany defecates on the rest of Europe?

LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
Pardon my nonsense title, but I've noticed that as far as science goes Germany stays above the rest of Europe for the most part, with the exception maybe being Britain. They continue to innovate in automotives, psychology, streroids, music and probably other fields that I am unable to recollect at this moment.

Anyone know why? Is it just the German culture? Do they have policies in place that facilitate this?

Comments

• Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Don't know or care, I like visiting Spain much better
  • LUClEN
    The spics aint ? . Irony acknowledged.

? they invent recently? They aren't doing ?
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because a gang of Jews lived there. If you continue you future in your research (e.g. Nobel Laureates), you'll notice that Germany produced a gang of ? like Einstein, hell that even holds to true for America, most of the Nobel Laureates in America are products of the New York's City University of New York (CUNY) City College in particular, but I digress.

Unlike the rest of Europe, where Jews were the default ? , in Germany, they were able to assimilate to the middle and upper classes, and since Jews stressed education and scholarly endeavors to their children, they ended up in academia. The end result is the Jewish people contributing a lot to the sciences and medicine.
  • LUClEN
    lol thats englightening but is the answer really simply: Jews?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    The answer is within the german character. Germans are traditionally a very disciplined, industrious people and they are stereotyped as being very efficiency driven people.
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had a head start on the industrial revolution and continued with tech innovations.large population,educated workforce,rich tradition in academic,science and technology,emphasis on work force training.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    england belgium and france all industralized before germany. Germany did not become powerful until bismarck united the various german speaking states. Germany being bigger eventually surpassed england in development and this worried france and england and set into motion events that would lead to ww1 and ww2.

A peoples character is central to a their success.
  • LUClEN
    Germany has been and remains an economic power
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theodis wrote: »
    Because a gang of Jews lived there. If you continue you future in your research (e.g. Nobel Laureates), you'll notice that Germany produced a gang of ? like Einstein, hell that even holds to true for America, most of the Nobel Laureates in America are products of the New York's City University of New York (CUNY) City College in particular, but I digress.

Unlike the rest of Europe, where Jews were the default ? , in Germany, they were able to assimilate to the middle and upper classes, and since Jews stressed education and scholarly endeavors to their children, they ended up in academia. The end result is the Jewish people contributing a lot to the sciences and medicine.
    are you praising einstein and warner von braun?

so you are praising The Jews who assisted in expanding on conventional warfare aka weapons of mass destruction?

oh... that's the part of jewish history that the american history books like to gloss over real fast...

yes the jews helped witht he space race... but their initial purpose was to make a more effective means to deliver mass death.

yaaaay jews!!!

? , miss me with that anti-Semitic, (though-I'm-actually hatin' on and more importantly I'm jealous of the Jews,) ? . This isn't about "praisin' Jews, but acknowledging a simple fact of life, over the past 150 years Jews have made more contributions to the sciences and medical that any other ethnic group. Just like if you go back "x" amount of years, you'll see that it was the "boy loving," Athenians that were making all of the major contributions to science, the same can be said of of the Chinese and the Egyptians and if you want to talk about weapons of war, it was the Chinese that discovered gunpower.

? ? with this jealousy of the Jews ? . Instead of hatin' ? need to emulate them as being serious about school, entrepreneurship, and especially in light of this Trayvon Martin ? , that the world really doesn't give a ? about us. Oh, I forgot, the cabal of "evil white men," that meet quarterly under the carousel in Central Park will never let that happen, so ? are just ? in the game.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    so you are praising The Jews who assisted in expanding on conventional warfare aka weapons of mass destruction?
    ...apparently this is something specific to Jews?
    yaaaay jews!!!
    oh no, at least one Jewish guy did something that had negative implications in addition to any positive. i guess this proves ? was right!
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've wondered this myself for a while. Good thread and good replies. I've personally been particularly impressed by various German and pre-German/Prussian intellectuals and artists.
  • No_Way_Jose
    No_Way_Jose Members Posts: 71
    PGB-online.info.
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

Harvard Nobels - 151
    CUNY Nobels - 13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nobel_laureates_by_university_affiliation

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    The last king/tsar of Russian was related to Germans. So is the Royal family in England. They changed their names when Nicholas, the last Tsar/King of Russia was killed along with his family. All of them are related and Bi-racial btw.
  • LUClEN
    Biracial how? You mean of multiple ethnicity right?
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    The royal family spelled out it's link to African ancestors in a published report released before Queen Elizabeth II coronation in 1953. It was well known during the time that the Tsar of Russia Nicolas II and then King of England George V ( I think ) was cousins. They looked like twins.Tsar_Nicholas_II_%26_King_George_V.JPG
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discipline. Similar to the Japanese.

And in a lot of funny ways, ww2 was the best thing to happen to Japan and Germany. Forced them ? to enter into trade markets when the United States became a massive consumer.