White on White crime more prevalent than Black on Black

Undergroundraplegend
Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in R & R (Religion and Race)
callandpost.com/news/2013/aug/16/white-white-crime-more-prevalent-black-black/

this is something Im sure you brothas/sistas know or read as this is nearly 2 months old.

When White on White crime takes place it’s never talked about the way it is when Blacks commit crimes.

In the United States, a White person is almost six times more likely to be killed by another White person than by a Black person, according to FBI homicide data. In 2011, there were more cases of Whites killing Whites than there were Blacks killing Blacks. However, the mainstream media obsesses over Black on Black violence and rarely mentions the problem of White on White violence.

These statistics have not led to a media outcry about the problem of White on White crime or the unique pathology of the White community. Nor has the White community stood up to demand change in their community like the Black community does when trying to tackle instances of Black on Black crime.

Most White people don’t ? White people. Yet media pundits, from Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly to CNN’s Don Lemon, have no problem using the phrase “Black on Black violence” despite the fact that most Black people don’t ? Black people.

When the news talks about gang-related deaths, they treat it as an almost exclusively Black problem. However, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, for the period of 1980 to 2008, a majority (53.3 percent) of gang homicides were committed by White offenders, and the majority of gang homicide victims (56.5 percent) were White.

When was the last time you’ve seen on the news, discussions about a White-gang problem?

Crimes committed by White people are explained as deviations of the individual but have nothing to do with race, but crimes committed by Blacks or Latino’s are somehow attributed to race. Gang-bangers from South Chicago have somehow become a symbol that Black men are to be feared, but you don’t get the same fear that one could attach to the brutal murders committed by Neo-? skinheads.

According to statistics from the Justice Department, White men are more likely to ? than any other racial group. When it comes to how and why people ? , Black men do, in fact, outnumber Whites in gun-related homicides, but especially drug-related offenses. However, White men top the list in most all other categories.

When the Bureau of Justice Statistics collected homicidal rates from 1980 to 2008, they found that compared to Blacks, Whites were more likely to ? children, the elderly, family members, and their significant others. They commit more sex-related crimes, gang related crimes, and are more likely to ? at their places of employment.

So why does America still perpetuate the lie of Black criminality?

Is it because one in 15 Black men are in prison? That may not explain it. The racial biases in the War on Drugs contribute to the high incarceration rates. Studies show that Blacks are no more likely than Whites to use or sell drugs. Blacks actually only make up 14 percent of regular drug users. Yet Blacks are more likely to be arrested for drug crimes, and receive longer sentences than Whites.

Should we blame gangster rap with the gun-toting rappers? If so, why can’t we blame a White man with a pistol being used to symbolize Second Amendment rights?

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    them bikers be trippin

but whites be getting they ? in.....they crazy
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there are many more Whites than Blacks in the US.

One explanation for these events
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crime is intraracial most often. All the things the media pushes is usually backwards:
    Your more likely to be attacked by some one you know rather than a stranger and you are more likely to be victimized by your own race as well.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your point?
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i support white on white crime/violence
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good read.. nothin ? aint already knew..
    but okay??! and?!?!

now what?!?
    i was always told dont stress things out of ur control.. do we control the media?!?
    then why do we give a ? about the media?!?!

? always so damn worried about what others think..
    give more of a ? about what others think about them then what they think of themselves..
    ? ? ..
  • Undergroundraplegend

BossBoo wrote: »
    but okay??! and?!?!

now what?!?
    i was always told dont stress things out of ur control.. do we control the media?!?

give more of a ? about what others think about them then what they think of themselves..
    ? ? ..

agreed

just shared this becasue I found something interesting like the Gang homicides

but yeah theres nothing much to discuss then just read and thats it.

just wanted to share it with ya'll
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BossBoo wrote: »
    but okay??! and?!?!

now what?!?

? ? ..

agreed

just shared this becasue I found something interesting like the Gang homicides

but yeah theres nothing much to discuss then just read and thats it.

just wanted to share it with ya'll

thats whats up..
    but the best thing black people can do if u ask me..

is turn off the muthafuckin TV..
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was having this conversation with someone months ago and telling them its almost impossible for 12-14% of the population to make up the majority of any statistic...yet alone lead in almost every crime statistic out

As for gangs and drug lords go ....I realized along time ago that they call a black group dealing drugs a gang and whites they refer to as a mob or mafia or a syndicate...

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    So more whites are killed by whites than there are Blacks killed by Blacks.

Big deal. There are more whites than blacks. That's what we should expect.

But blacks ? way out of proportion of their numbers in the population, and the black-on-black homicide rate is much higher than the white-on-white homicide rate.

In other words, this article is less than useful.

We are not gonna solve our problems (regardless of who created them) by pretending that they don't exist. Yes, blacks are unfairly criminalized, but that doesn't mean that disparities in crime rates -- including homicide rates -- are not real.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They classify light skin latinos as white. Atleast in Chicago they do
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Media ain't about to let folks know that
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this is a known fact, the media would have poor dumb whites think differently...
    Fear of the violent black man helps certain folks maintain power through division...
    Even black ppl fear the violent black man...
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black crime is decreasing fast and while white crime is increasing fast. The remains of Tupac legacy is being swept and destroyed. All his ? a brotha ? was on some ? ? , he should have known this was something force fed.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't whites like 73 percent of the population? If they're only committing 53 percent of the violent crime they're underrepresented, or other groups are overrepresented depending how you look at it.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Black crime is decreasing fast and while white crime is increasing fast. The remains of Tupac legacy is being swept and destroyed. All his ? a brotha ? was on some ? ? , he should have known this was something force fed.

crime is increasing? Tupac legacy?
    ?

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People always focus so much on race. Why don't they give stats like this for socio-economic statuses. I'm betting you'll fine a far bigger correlation between the amount of money people have and crime than crime and race.
  • Ajackson17
    Stopitfive wrote: »

crime is increasing? Tupac legacy?
    ?

I said white crime is rising. @stopitfive now get out of your feelings.
  • Meta_Conscious
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

but white ppl aint bunched up in ghettos tryna survive, listenin to gangster rap all day. whats their purpose for killin each other?
  • Ajackson17
    Ziryab wrote: »

but white ppl aint bunched up in ghettos tryna survive, listenin to gangster rap all day. whats their purpose for killin each other?

3227273862_76e13a252b.jpg
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    _DUB_ wrote: »
    i support white on white crime/violence

I support chick on chick....wait....violence works....sure, and anything else that follows. You know y'all do too.

In general I just support violence, it's every human beings right to meet on a level playing field and bludgeon the gorilla snot out one another. So white on white violence? Sure, why not, maybe we can get our population down to a minority size.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    I love how some of ya'll are using this excuse of ''well theres more whites.''

who gives a ? if your gonna give them a excuse thats pathetic

cause same could be said on us on how Guns and drugs were extorted in our community and u add on to the fact of how whites were given everything hell they shouldnt even be commiting crime at this rate

so cut the BS and excuses.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    They classify light skin latinos as white. Atleast in Chicago they do
    Latinos are, generally speaking, white folks
    I also heard more whites are in jail, more are dead beat dads, more like chicken and watermelon and more drop out of school each year too. Crazy ? .
    look, if there's one thing i know for a FACT, it's that EVERYONE loves chicken, regardless of racial origin