Oh. My. ? . F*** THE POLICE, F*** THE POLICE, F*** THE POLICE, F*** THE POLICE.

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
No ? warning....

Talk about an unreasonable search:

The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.

Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his ? cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an ? cavity search.

Initially the doctor on duty refused the search, citing it as "unethical." Unfortunately, after several hours, hospital personnel relented and did the search.

Here's what happened to David Eckert at that hospital:

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert's medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:

1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.

2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's ? with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's ? with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's ? to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's ? to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's ? to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.

8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's ? , ? , colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.

Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these medical procedures.

Think that's outrageous? David Eckert has since been billed by the hospital for all the procedures and they are threatening to take him to collections.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/05/1253274/-Absolutely-unimaginable-this-could-happen-in-America

I'm officially done. Ending the War on Drugs isn't good enough, we need a ? Stalinist purge of law enforcement in this country. Darkskies was right all along, we need Dexter/Punisher style vigilantes out chea hunting these crooked ? down. Cut those ? heads off in the town square like they doin' down in Mexico. I officially renounce and disown my retired police officer uncle, ? that pig. Yeah, I'm mad lol.

Comments

• GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never met a good police and I know one. The guy I know is not a bad person but police are bad because of what they represent. You have to give them rights to do all of this foul unnecessary stuff including killing people to simply do there jobs.

I hope the guy wins his case but they have rules and laws set up to protect the police state America has become so they will probably claim that there was probable cause thus it was all within there legal rights.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A drug dog was called in and officers claimed he "hit" on the driver's seat. David Eckert was subsequently taken into custody and subjected to an unbelievable nightmare of ? searches and invasive medical procedures.

What could be worse? It wasn't the first time this police department, drug dog, and medical facility were involved in such outrageous and unethical behavior:

Our investigation reveals another chapter. Another man, another minor traffic violation, another incident with Leo the K-9 and another example of the violation of a man's body.

Police reports state deputies stopped Timothy Young because he turned without putting his blinker on.

Again, Leo the K-9 alerts on Young's seat.

Young is taken to the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, and just like Eckert, he's subjected to medical procedures including x-rays of his stomach and an ? exam.

Again, police found nothing, and again the procedures were done without consent, and in a county not covered by the search warrant.

And that drug dog, Leo? He hasn't been certified since 2011:

We've learned more about that drug dog, Leo, that seems to get it wrong pretty often. He might be getting it wrong because he's not even certified in New Mexico.

If you take a look at the dog's certification, the dog did get trained. But his certification to be a drug dog expired in April 2011. K-9s need yearly re-certification courses, and Leo is falling behind.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/11/06/1253597/-Another-outrageous-traffic-stop-in-New-Mexico

somebody run over that ? dog already
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    yeah, this is a pretty extreme example of police misconduct. the actual shame being, of course, that fellow officers are seldom willing to step up and call these kinds of guys out.

well, that and the repeated, unwarranted ? invasions.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is an embarrassment to be honest but the real shame of it all is....
    they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an ? cavity search.
    ... This may affect his ability to sue but also that a judge would be so stupid as to believe a "clinched" buttocks and a hit from a police dog constitutes probable cause.

Drug dogs are prone to accidental hits and misses, they make mistakes too which is something people are just supposed to know I guess.

Feel bad for dude man.
  • dr funky resurrected
    dr funky resurrected Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • GSonII
    edited November 2013
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    This is an embarrassment to be honest but the real shame of it all is....
    they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an ? cavity search.
    ... This may affect his ability to sue but also that a judge would be so stupid as to believe a "clinched" buttocks and a hit from a police dog constitutes probable cause.

Drug dogs are prone to accidental hits and misses, they make mistakes too which is something people are just supposed to know I guess.

Feel bad for dude man.

Judges are dumb as they come. Ever heard of involuntary commitment? You would be surprised some of the stuff judges sign off on when they think no-one is watching or there is no recourse. Judges don't always make sure that the rules and laws are being followed. They have very little knowledge of psychology so they can get them to believe anything and the same probably goes here
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disgusting.. But on bright side he got a colon cancer screening.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get used to it. #1984
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When ? like this happens to people i wonder what ? things they done or would of done to get treated like this, this ? is comical
  • GSonII
    Options
    When ? like this happens to people i wonder what ? things they done or would of done to get treated like this, this ? is comical

I think that is part of the problem. People need something or someone to believe in. Guess you are a believer in karma, rather it is factual or not

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ugh emasculating. No ? respect whatsoever. What trips me out is what can you actually do when caught in that scenario? Even when you know your rights, that doesn't help when they have "probable" cause and a search warrant, no matter how frivolous they are? I guess you can simply refuse and just get arrested instead. Better alternative than the abuse dude took. Reminds me of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oONF84y1cx8

I don't love the police (I don't hate them either), but I'm not going to pretend that these bunch of yokels represent the vast majority of cops in the U.S. even if it's very possible that the vast majority of cops (and people in general) are ? . This ? right here though is a different brand of ? .