Ladies, Which Trimester Was the Worst for you?

Options
MistyKnight
MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2013 in The Powder Room
I'm going to be 7 weeks tomorrow & I can't deal with the nausea right now.
Does it ever get better?

Ladies, Which Trimester Was the Worst for you? 12 votes

First Trimeser
58%
DupacMsSouthernBussy_Getta taebooKatMoneyPowerRespectMistyKnight 7 votes
Second Trimester
0%
Third Trimester
25%
bighutchBiblicalAtheist Leviathan616 3 votes
All of the Above
16%
Iheart~CaliLadyDu 2 votes

Comments

• taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First Trimeser
    I was stayed sick, got dizzy all the time, was tired all the time, couldn't remember ? at times. I was all around miserable for 3 months.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    First Trimeser
    taeboo wrote: »
    I was stayed sick, got dizzy all the time, was tired all the time, couldn't remember ? at times. I was all around miserable for 3 months.

I'm definitly there. I've been experiencing pregnancy brain & confusion.
    Just the other day I put the milk on top of the fridge next to the cereal. If I didn't get a second bowl a couple of hours later it would've went bad :(

Aye caramba 8-|
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First Trimeser
    ? that...i voted... cuz i felt that ? too homie.....
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    First Trimeser
    My fiance is one of those guys that experience the symptoms with the BM. He's been feeling sick & gaining wait lol

I love that man :x
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First Trimeser
    i actually lost weight...

i also started boxing....i developed a daily need to punch something
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Third Trimester
    I voted it the worst cuz I didn't enjoy the constant squished insides for 3mths.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st 20 weeks seem like the worse.. (the baby's development)..
    Going to them prenatal visits hoping the baby is healthy..
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    First Trimeser
    illedout wrote: »
    1st 20 weeks seem like the worse.. (the baby's development)..
    Going to them prenatal visits hoping the baby is healthy..

I'm freaking out about the my first scan (10 weeks) in a couple of weeks.

How to I make all of these irrational fears go away?

I think i'd probably be better off in a deserted cabin somewhere with no internet access so that I wont be on google every 5 seconds looking up all of the things that could go wrong & looking at pics of babies with 6 arms :(
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay there's good news and bad news..

The good news is,
    the Dr. can usually find out if there's some sort of birth defect within the 1st 20 weeks..
    So if there is a confirmed defect,
    you have a choice whether or not you want to keep the baby..

The bad news is, there are babies born with birth defects however,
    most babies with birth defects don't make it past the 1st 20 weeks anyway..

Basically what ever happens is out of your control..
    just make sure you take the prenatal vitamins,
    and don't be running around trying to do too much..
    sit ya ass down somewhere..
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First Trimeser
    The first trimester was easily the worst, but I dealt with any time of day nausea the entire nine months.

It was not a fun pregnancy like I hear some females talking about..I don't get when women say they love being pregnant.

Minus feeling her move, pregnancy sucked.

• MistyKnight
    Options
    First Trimeser
    The first trimester was easily the worst, but I dealt with any time of day nausea the entire nine months.

It was not a fun pregnancy like I hear some females talking about..I don't get when women say they love being pregnant.

Minus feeling her move, pregnancy sucked.

I'm there & so far I don't see how women say it's this amazing wonderful experience.

I'm only 7 weeks in & I just wanna roll over & die already!

• Kat
    Options
    First Trimeser
    I got used to what I needed to do to keep the nausea down, like not allowing myself get TOO hungry. Before pregnancy, I would skip meals all the time. Trying to do that would make me so sick while I was pregnant.

If it seems intolerable, talk to your doctor.

Mine gave me a prescription for these suppositories (yes girl lol) that really did help.
  • Kat
    Options
    First Trimeser
    It would mainly be a timing thing or I'd just forget to eat until I was starving. I still do that now.

Your seed isn't going to allow her to skip anything for too long, trust me. They start pulling on that umbilical cord like a dinner bell.
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    First Trimeser
    I got used to what I needed to do to keep the nausea down, like not allowing myself get TOO hungry. Before pregnancy, I would skip meals all the time. Trying to do that would make me so sick while I was pregnant.

If it seems intolerable, talk to your doctor.

Mine gave me a prescription for these suppositories (yes girl lol) that really did help.

I just googled how to help with morning sickness & they mentioned lemons.

I just mixed some 100% concentrated lemon juice with my water & it went away almost immediately :|

But now I suddenly got this huge wave of fatigue.

Hell, i'll take it.
  • THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Add a new option: first 8 weeks postpartum

Stretchmarks, stitches, bleeding ? , hemmorhoids, sleep deprivation because my baby wouldnt sleep, cant get any ? because of the bleeding, husband pulling doubles so we can be financially comfortable so he's never home, sore nipples from breastfeeding, ugh....don't miss it.
  • Kat
    Options
    First Trimeser
    How's that little man doing? @Felicia

He made a year by now right?
  • bighutch
    bighutch Members Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Options
    Third Trimester
    Khaleesi wrote: »
    I'm going to be 7 weeks tomorrow & I can't deal with the nausea right now.
    Does it ever get better?

We had twins the first time. My wife went thru hell, when one wanted to chill the other wanted to act up. Hell looking at her stomach moving around u would have sworn the were in there fighting. I felt for her but glad as hell it wasn't me.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All of the Above
    It was a nightmare from beginning to end. I had to get a prescription for Zofran just to make it off the couch. I wasn't able to cook, clean, or go anywhere hardly at all the first trimester. I just wanted to cry. And I did. Alot.

Second trimester I had more energy but I began to get lightheaded at random times. So I'd have a full on panic attack at the store thinking I was going to pass out. Then I'd have to leave my cart full of goodies and haul ass to the car so I could lay down.

Third trimester I was just uncomfortable and mad I couldn't drink Jack Daniels. Every time I walked I could feel the head putting pressure on my pelvic bones. Couldn't sleep well. Couldn't breath well.

Yea, none of it was fun. Well feeling the baby and 3d ultrasound was. However pregnancy itself sucked ? .
  • LadyDu
    LadyDu Members Posts: 283 ✭✭
    Options
    All of the Above
    Du_Du wrote: »
    ? that...i voted... cuz i felt that ? too homie.....

WACK!

I spent my WHOLE pregnancy either over a toilet, trash can, or out a window ( i even get nausea during my labor like who the ? gets that)

if i wasn't doing that i was trying to find a way to sleep because lying down (back nor side) was not an option (my choice sleeping position was in then top corner of the bed with 9 of the 10 pillows siting straight up.

I lose more weight then I gain

my feet... i can show you better then i can tell

2i8it5d.jpg

my nipples where always so damn hard and sore my clothes irritated me... i almost went to work with no bra on but @du_du gave me the "ill karate chop your ass" look...

and this is only to name a few things... I mean the only good things I can remember where my hair and nails grew so long and looked so healthy and shinny, and my skin was clear (although I lost a lot of color and was very pail looking) but that was credited to the prenatals i was taking.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man I better generate some good karma while i'm here because I damn sure don't want to come back as a woman in my next life.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First Trimeser
    My first trimester I honestly wanted to curl up in a ball and die. I threw up everything from noodles to chicken&dressing to fruit. At one point, I felt like I was going to throw the bby up.

By my second, I just wanted to have sex all the time (which I was deprived of btw). My third was almost as bad as the first because it hurt to walk due to the pressure. I was hot ALL the time. I slept & sat in front of a fan all day.

You should be due some time in July, right?
  • Leviathan616
    Leviathan616 Members Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Third Trimester
    Pregnancy just sucked period. But that 3rd trimester is a ? . Back pain, just being uncomfortable all the damn time, and having to go ? every 5 minutes. My first trimester was a breeze as I did not get morning sickness, the second trimester was a little more difficult, but the third one was a ? . With each of my pregnancies, all of my kids head were sitting right on top of my bladder. I told my husband "At this rate I'm going to need to wear Depends by the time I'm 30".
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    First Trimeser
    My first trimester I honestly wanted to curl up in a ball and die. I threw up everything from noodles to chicken&dressing to fruit. At one point, I felt like I was going to throw the bby up.

By my second, I just wanted to have sex all the time (which I was deprived of btw). My third was almost as bad as the first because it hurt to walk due to the pressure. I was hot ALL the time. I slept & sat in front of a fan all day.

You should be due some time in July, right?

@moneypowerrespect
    I'm due May 24th :)