L.U.S.T.

Premeer
Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
if i could change 1 thing about the world, i would alleviate ? . i would be so much better off, as would pretty much everybody in the world.

think about how much the world would change if we could just do away with ? ... we wouldnt even know all the ways this world would be different cuz nothing about the world we know would be the same.

( 1 of the 7 deadly sins. yes, its DEADLY )
-diseases
-cheating
-divorce
-broken homes
-children would be raised better
-trust issues
-kids out of wedlock wouldnt be a problem
-prostitution
-insecurities
-less self-esteem issues
-marketing / advertising
-fights over women / men
-no ? and molested kids ( and all the side effects that come with it throughout their life )
-no ? in general
-kidnappings
-even murder in some cases
-women in revealing clothes wouldnt be wearing those clothes generating ? from others
-some people wouldnt even have jobs due to all the sexually irresponsible people out here due to ?
-on the flip side, some people would be able to work without their lustful hiccups
-etc. etc.. and a whole bunch of other things

? covers so much ground and it is so tough to deal with... its probably 1 of my biggest issues. people who know me probably wouldnt say so cuz im celibate... but id be lying if i said i dont struggle with it daily. id feel much better about myself if i didnt struggle the way i do with it. but its part of life and life wouldnt be life if it didnt have problems, obstacles, struggles, and hardships that we have to overcome.

the key to this aint giving in ( being weak ).. its resisting ( being strong ). resisting is living / freedom. when you give into your ? , you are a slave.. to your ? / satan. but once you snap out of it, you are now free. only way to do this is to turn to Jesus and give your life to Him. its the only way.

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel you brother. The corruption that is in the world came by ? .

L.S.D. is the formula. ? gives birth to Sin and when sin has worked itself out it always leads to Death.

That process played out in the fall:

Eve lusted after the forbidden fruit.
    Eve disobeyed the command of ? and sinned when she and Adam ate from the forbidden tree.
    The sin of Adam and Eve brought upon them and all their descendants the penalty of death.

That same formula is still at work today. When we ? after things we shouldn't, we do and say things that are sinful, which in turn causes us to die spiritually and ultimately physically.

But thanks be to ? that Jesus Christ came to release us from the ? that is in the world by giving us new life in Him! Hallelujah! Is it easy to walk in the spirit? Of course not! Everything is against us. The world, the flesh, and the devil are all at war against us! But greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world! Hallelujah! Therefore we must strive day in and day out to crucify our flesh and it's desires in order that the Spirit might be magnified and glorified in our lifes! When we yield to the Spirit, the Spirit does the work that ? has ordained for us to do! Which is to bring glory to Him in everything we do!

But it is a life long learning process! Sanctification doesn't come over night. It's an ongoing process that will continue until the day we hear the last trumpet and are called out of our graves (or if we are still alive) to meet the LORD in the air! Hallelujah! And so shall we ever be with the LORD from that day foward, even forever and ever! Glory to ? !

We are not in this fight alone my brother! We have the LORD on our side! And if the LORD is for us, who can be against us? Do we sometimes forget that truth? Of course. But thanks be to ? that He will never leave us nor forsake us. No matter how ? we get, no matter how far away from the Fathers house we stray, if ? starts off with 100 sheep, He is coming home with 100 sheep. No one who belongs to the Father will ever be lost or snatched out of His hand. Glory to the King!

We are in this race for the long haul my brother. And we are the victors. Hallelujah! So I applaud you for being real with ? , yourself, and your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ! It's truly a blessing for you to share your struggles with us. Because I am flesh and blood just like you and I know exactly what your talking about and dealing with. But we are not weak in faith, but mighty in it! Thus let us triumph over the enemy with the power of Almighty ? working in us and through us! Let us look to the scriptures for encouragment to see how the saints who came before us did life and were victorious! Hebrews 11 is an awesome chapter! I'm bout to read it right now for encouragment. ALso on the flips side we can look at the scriptures to see how people failed when they lusted after evil things and were punished. That gets the fear of ? in us. I would advise you to read Joshua 7 and the sin of Achan for the flipside of things.

Everything that was written was written for our learning! In order that we would be encouraged and exhorted by the examples given. But yeah I'll leave off with this passage of scripture for scriptural encourgament.

"1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of ? and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of ? , and of Jesus our Lord, 3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through ? . 5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: 11For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:1-11

Amen and Amen. ? bless you my friend.
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Pride is the downfall of all men, I would definately go with pride.
  • Premeer
    I feel you brother. The corruption that is in the world came by ? .

L.S.D. is the formula. ? gives birth to Sin and when sin has worked itself out it always leads to Death.

That process played out in the fall:

Eve lusted after the forbidden fruit.
    Eve disobeyed the command of ? and sinned when she and Adam ate from the forbidden tree.
    The sin of Adam and Eve brought upon them and all their descendants the penalty of death.

That same formula is still at work today. When we ? after things we shouldn't, we do and say things that are sinful, which in turn causes us to die spiritually and ultimately physically.

But thanks be to ? that Jesus Christ came to release us from the ? that is in the world by giving us new life in Him! Hallelujah! Is it easy to walk in the spirit? Of course not! Everything is against us. The world, the flesh, and the devil are all at war against us! But greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world! Hallelujah! Therefore we must strive day in and day out to crucify our flesh and it's desires in order that the Spirit might be magnified and glorified in our lifes! When we yield to the Spirit, the Spirit does the work that ? has ordained for us to do! Which is to bring glory to Him in everything we do!

But it is a life long learning process! Sanctification doesn't come over night. It's an ongoing process that will continue until the day we hear the last trumpet and are called out of our graves (or if we are still alive) to meet the LORD in the air! Hallelujah! And so shall we ever be with the LORD from that day foward, even forever and ever! Glory to ? !

We are not in this fight alone my brother! We have the LORD on our side! And if the LORD is for us, who can be against us? Do we sometimes forget that truth? Of course. But thanks be to ? that He will never leave us nor forsake us. No matter how ? we get, no matter how far away from the Fathers house we stray, if ? starts off with 100 sheep, He is coming home with 100 sheep. No one who belongs to the Father will ever be lost or snatched out of His hand. Glory to the King!

We are in this race for the long haul my brother. And we are the victors. Hallelujah! So I applaud you for being real with ? , yourself, and your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ! It's truly a blessing for you to share your struggles with us. Because I am flesh and blood just like you and I know exactly what your talking about and dealing with. But we are not weak in faith, but mighty in it! Thus let us triumph over the enemy with the power of Almighty ? working in us and through us! Let us look to the scriptures for encouragment to see how the saints who came before us did life and were victorious! Hebrews 11 is an awesome chapter! I'm bout to read it right now for encouragment. ALso on the flips side we can look at the scriptures to see how people failed when they lusted after evil things and were punished. That gets the fear of ? in us. I would advise you to read Joshua 7 and the sin of Achan for the flipside of things.

Everything that was written was written for our learning! In order that we would be encouraged and exhorted by the examples given. But yeah I'll leave off with this passage of scripture for scriptural encourgament.

"1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of ? and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of ? , and of Jesus our Lord, 3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: 4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through ? . 5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. 8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: 11For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:1-11

Amen and Amen. ? bless you my friend.

i appreciate that. good words from a good brother!

reading the word is always uplifting and refilling. but unfortunately for me, i have a pretty severe case of ADD.. so it can get difficult to stay buried in the word. my goal has been tryna read a chapter a night (matthew, currently).. but its hard to do it every night. i have to be in the right state of mind and that aint easy to get to.

so talking about ? and praising Him, and confessing your faults is a pretty good substitute. expressing your faults kind of holds them hostage from a emotional aspect. and praising ? while doing so, washes them away... or so it feels. and in doing this openly, is always an opportunity to teach.. so take advantage!
  • Premeer
    Pride is the downfall of all men, I would definately go with pride.

pride is also 1 of the 7 deadly sins.. i agree, pride is a terrible sin to be a slave to, leads to many problems, hostility, violence, death, murder, jealousy, envy, etc.

no sin is better or worse than the next, but personally, id like to see a ? -free world. i think things would be much more cordial and free flowing, clean, pure, etc. and i say that probably because i face ? every day and pride isnt much of an issue for me. but we see the consequences of ? everywhere we turn.. we face ? all day every day.. pride is a issue that surfaces on occasions.

why do you say pride?
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    To much pride "imo" can lead to a sense of entitlement...be it to things (greed), to sex (? ), inaction laziness (sloth), envy, wrath...gluttony not so much. Really they all play into one another and you are right they all equal the same destiny.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    anger would be the sin I get rid of
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosign ? , a lot of my flaws derive off it.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After I watched that kanye video, I gotta say pride is our biggest killer. It got ? looking like fools.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? is so petty.