Honest Question: Whats more Closed-Minded?

13»

Comments

• Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Oceanic wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion premeer isn't of average intelligence

oceanic really tried kicking some knawwledge...
    Any supreme being cannot exist because the complexity of such a being including the ability to think requires a progenitor of some sort and not necessarily the sentient kind but at least some sort of existence that does not require a creator. In other words, it would be an endless cycle.

but showed he really has no idea what hes doing.

• Premeer
    Rename this thread, "the official I've come to the conclusion thread"

if i renamed it, i would rename it oceanic cant even hold his own argument.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've come to the conclusion that premeer really doesn't have the capability to understand what I wrote
  • Premeer
    I've come to the conclusion that premeer really doesn't have the capability to understand what I wrote

you can dismiss what i said if it makes you feel smart... i dont mind that.

but clearly, you are just in denial about ? . you spend every day of your life talking about Him...

further confirmation.

you certainly would look silly spending so much time talking about Somebody you dont think is real to begin with. strange obsession you have there.

• Bodhi
    I've come to the conclusion premeer caught feelings
  • Premeer
    I've come to the conclusion premeer caught feelings

ive come to the conclusion you really have nothing logical to say.
  • Bodhi
    I've come to the conclusion premeer has no clue what the word "logical" means.
  • Premeer
    I've come to the conclusion premeer has no clue what the word "logical" means.
    ive come to the conclusion... never mind. oceanic is clueless.

hes a atheist. that says it all.

my job here is done. i dont want to get sucked into his weird obsessions even more than i already have.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this talk got silly. We just have different viewpoints if a deity is true or not. Honestly, we may never even know truth to be honest or may find up knowing. I don't know about other agnostics and atheists but my current thoughts came from reading the bible and other holy books and other religions over my life. I chalk it up that humans wouldn't know a deity as many think they do and far too many religions have the voice of a conquer.

I always wanted to know what makes the text you believe in to be superior?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've come to the conclusion, I like the new thread premise better.
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    I have come to the conclusion there are no conclusions.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    king me bishhh, the people have spoken
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Premeer wrote: »
    believing something you cant see?

or ONLY believing what you can see, touch, and feel?

I think the question would have a little weight to it if you attach reasons for why someone would believe in either one. I think that would tell someone more about their openness (of lack of it).
  • Premeer
    alissowack wrote: »

I think the question would have a little weight to it if you attach reasons for why someone would believe in either one. I think that would tell someone more about their openness (of lack of it).

its a simple question, really.. but people want to twist it to favor their belief.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man this thread sure went south quickly. Lol
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    alissowack wrote: »

its a simple question, really.. but people want to twist it to favor their belief.

I think we all do twist things to suit our perspectives on things in some way. I might be thinking way too hard about this myself, but the question seems to bring up more like...what would it mean if someone chooses one to be more closed minded than the other...or what conclusions would you reach if someone chooses the wrong answer?

When I think of closed-minded ness, I think of not being willing to accept the possibility of something whether seen or unseen to conform to reality. I don't particularly think it's bad to be closed-minded to some things. I can't see oxygen, I believe it exists, but I am closed to other sources to aid in my breathing. It is when someone uses their closed-minded ness to presuppose a perspective about something could run into problems.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    They are both equally annoying closed mindedness.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly what I was saying.
  • BiblicalAtheist

I had to mull it around for a minute.
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    R&R is always a pleasure to partake of...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread was dead on arrival. You don't ask a fallacious question and then get mad when you get a non-fallacious answer.
  • Premeer

now do this-

look at who you are agreeing with.. and who agrees with you.... what do yall have in common.

when you see the point im making, then you just say its stupid. its dismissive cuz you know exactly what im talking about but dont want to accept it.

anything else said beyond this is irrelevant. it is what it is.
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Did not read the whole so sorry if this has been touched upon earlier.

Open/closed minded has little to do with how you arrive at your beliefs but how readily you are willing to alter those belief in the presence of new information.