"If you like to watch tv or skype with grandma the xbox one has a lot of potential" - Adam Sessler

grumpy_new_yorker
grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Or you enjoy doing fitness indoors through a video game console. Lifting imaginary weights, running on the spot and imagining you are really bench pressing 300+lbs
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Sessler was bashing Sony, he was a ? to some of the people on here. Now let's see what they have to say after a review attributing some negatives to the XB1.

All in all, I thought it was a review, and the XB1 is what I thought it would be. A good maybe even great system, but one that's not everything it was cracked up to be and puts a lot more attention into being a big time media hub than a gaming console. I think whoever gets it will be happy with it though assuming they can get good third party gaming support. The only thing I think is a little worrisome is the inability to upgrade the hard drive. Given that you have to install everything, 500 GB will go by surprisingly fast.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good review, this ? got some crazy potential. I've watched about 4 reviews and they all seem to have the same problem as far as the game load times & installing the game times that kinda sucks.
  • The Lonious Monk
    I wonder why game loads are so long given that the games are installed on the system.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict there will be lots of issues with launch features ...xbox live better function though
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was a good honest review.. he pretty much was saying that it delivers as a good gaming console and also has the greatest potential with all the extra features. Now where he has the idea that the Xbox may not have alot of 3rd part support is beyond me
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Lonious Monk
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    It was a good honest review.. he pretty much was saying that it delivers as a good gaming console and also has the greatest potential with all the extra features. Now where he has the idea that the Xbox may not have alot of 3rd part support is beyond me

Well, yeah, that's what he's saying if you take all the negatives away.

All the reviews I've seen say pretty much the same thing. The XB1 is a nice piece of technology with a lot of great features that don't really work quite as well as people were led to believe they would. That said, everyone believes that M$ will improve those things and the XB1 will end up being crazy good.

Also, were you the one that said you couldn't join friends' games from the Dashboard on the PS4. I saw a review earlier that said you could from the friends section. I don't know if that's true or not but have you tried it?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me give XB1 it's praises now. M$ is definitely doing their part in education and trying to get Black people to speak standard English
  • John_Blazini
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the reviews I've seen say pretty much the same thing. The XB1 is a nice piece of technology with a lot of great features that don't really work quite as well as people were led to believe they would. That said, everyone believes that M$ will improve those things and the XB1 will end up being crazy good.

Also, were you the one that said you couldn't join friends' games from the Dashboard on the PS4. I saw a review earlier that said you could from the friends section. I don't know if that's true or not but have you tried it?
    Yes u can join games from the dashboard

• BlackxChild

He never said greatest potential... Camera and voice commands are ? and he said the tv features aren't really that big of a deal. On ps4 you can use ustream which I'm shocked sooo many people are using it but it's actually a cool feature which I'm shocked xbox will never utilize for u to watch live streamed games straight from the console.
  • Pr0n
    Pr0n Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    OH YALL THINK IM CONSOLE BIAS?
    ? a ps4 too.

OUYA>>>>>>>>>>>

I think Steam's console will ? on the OUYA. The tech specs are beastly.The only console that will boot from an SSD.
  • [Deleted User]
  • kanggoodie

He never said greatest potential... Camera and voice commands are ? and he said the tv features aren't really that big of a deal. On ps4 you can use ustream which I'm shocked sooo many people are using it but it's actually a cool feature which I'm shocked xbox will never utilize for u to watch live streamed games straight from the console.

He didn't say greatest he said ALOT .. he also didn't say that the TV feature wasn't a big deal. He said it was innovative
  • [Deleted User]
  • kanggoodie

I was reading the comment section and somebody had a point ... how u spose to save when offline? They tryna pull some slick DRM ? smh
  • kanggoodie

I'm not seeing the negative in you analysis.. it doesn't work perfectly.. of course it won't.. but it will be tweaked along the way.. also remember this is talking about the additional features having nothing to do with actual gaming . Nothing bad has been said about the games .. yet anyways
  • Pr0n
    Pr0n Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Pr0n wrote: »
    ? a ps4 too.

OUYA>>>>>>>>>>>

I think Steam's console will ? on the OUYA. The tech specs are beastly.The only console that will boot from an SSD.

put a ssd in my ps3.... wow... no really... wow. the fat boy got its swagger back.

Didn't come out the box like that.

Steam machine
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770, i5-4570, and i3
    Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan (4,494 Gflops)
    Graphics card RAM: 3 GB GDDR5
    Main RAM: 16 GB DDR3-1600
    Hard drive: 1 TB storage/8 GB SSD cache hybrid drive

Ps4:
    CPU: low power x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
    GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next engine
    Ram: 8GB GDDR5
    Hard drive: 500 gb

Steam box technically looking to ? on your ps3 and the whole next gen if the advertised specs are true.
  • John_Blazini
    Yeah this ? makes no sense man ...im excited for the console but these ? need to take a step back form parties and TV commercials and think about the ? they are leaving out
  • John_Blazini

explain this ? please.

You cant see/manage your storage usage on the console. short version .. hopefully this is an over sight lol
  • John_Blazini
    ? a ps4 too.

OUYA>>>>>>>>>>>

put a ssd in my ps3.... wow... no really... wow. the fat boy got its swagger back.

Didn't come out the box like that.

Steam box:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770, i5-4570, and i3
    Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan (4,494 Gflops)
    Graphics card RAM: 3 GB GDDR5
    Main RAM: 16 GB DDR3-1600
    Hard drive: 1 TB storage/8 GB SSD cache hybrid drive

Ps4:
    CPU: low power x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
    GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next engine
    Ram: 8GB GDDR5
    Hard drive: 500 gb

Steam box technically looking to ? on your ps3 and the whole next gen if the advertised specs are true.

that ? will cost a grip and if im gonna spend that kind of money im building a pC
  • BlackxChild

I'm not seeing the negative in you analysis.. it doesn't work perfectly.. of course it won't.. but it will be tweaked along the way.. also remember this is talking about the additional features having nothing to do with actual gaming . Nothing bad has been said about the games .. yet anyways
    You're forced to spend $100 more for a console with worse specs than another and the additional ? that comes with can't even be utilized efficiently...... This isn't about being a fanboy it just is what it is. I don't even believe the cloud will be utilized like Microsoft is hoping it will be.

• BlackxChild
    A gaming PC is looking more appealing than I thought.