Ryse: Son of Rome Launch Trailer

focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in IllGaming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecsCrOEYl7c

All in engine game-play...cut-scenes transition directly into game-play without a camera cut.

r13_by_mpackart-d6uqija.gif

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like this ? is on Knack status, actually worse if you think about it. This game actually looked promising where as Knack (to me) always looked wack AF. Reviews are in and they're not good, which is a shame because I was looking forward to copping this down the line.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Looks like this ? is on Knack status, actually worse if you think about it. This game actually looked promising where as Knack (to me) always looked wack AF. Reviews are in and they're not good, which is a shame because I was looking forward to copping this down the line.
    Yeah reviewers are trashing this game. They could've straight up ripped off ? of War and gotten better reviews. Looks like Forza is the game to save them.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Try the game yourselves and form your own opinions
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IGN gave it a 6.8!!!
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    icks86 wrote: »
    IGN gave it a 6.8!!!
    Actually that score isn't terrible and then I saw that Gamespot gave it a 4. Will they have a demo of this when the One drops?
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Killzone scoring higher than this ? . The XBot fanboy is ghost from his own thread now. So much for all those hyped up XBOX 'exclusives'.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor man ? of War and didnt do a good job at it
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what makes the game that bad?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Yeah reviewers are trashing this game. They could've straight up ripped off ? of War and gotten better reviews. Looks like Forza is the game to save them.

Nah ....... Forza 5 ain't worth it if you already have 4
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never got those comparisons because this ain't ? like GoW
    Only thing they have in common is lots of blood
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Does Forza 4 map out a competing A.I. system based around your driving style and habits?
  • stoneface
    Lol @ Killzone scoring higher than this ? . The XBot fanboy is ghost from his own thread now. So much for all those hyped up XBOX 'exclusives'.

lol @ being dumb enough to judge a game you've never played off of someone else's opinions.

• ZydecoShawty
    stoneface wrote: »

lol @ being dumb enough to judge a game you've never played off of someone else's opinions.

? outta here dude. The fanboy was throwing around review scores all last week at PS4 owners.
  • stoneface
    edited November 2013

? outta here dude. The fanboy was throwing around review scores all last week at PS4 owners.

Boo hoo, I don't give a ? . This has nothing to do with some ? ass fanboy beef. I'm just speaking common sense.
  • ZydecoShawty

Boo hoo, I don't give a ? . This has nothing to do with some ? ass fanboy beef. I'm just speaking common sense.

You speaking for yourself though.

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explain
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explain

Yeah I'm curious about this. I just spent the last 2 hours smoking blunts and playing this with my neighbor and it didn't really feel like Forza 4.5 at all.

• joshuaboy

Explain

Less cars and tracks than F4. The game is prettier, but it is just a racing game so that's not enough for me considering how beautiful F4 was. The fact the are now using BR means they could have included much more cars and tracks than before, so you know it was either rushed or you are gonna get them as DLC later. I would wait for a GOTY Edition or similar that usually drops a few months later with everything.
  • joshuaboy
    Broddie wrote: »

Does Forza 4 map out a competing A.I. system based around your driving style and habits?

This is true and a good addition ........ but most times we play at A.I. until we unlock everything, then after that its always online racing against friends.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Ok josh I see what you saying but
    I'm still gonna cop it
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    Never got those comparisons because this ain't ? like GoW
    Only thing they have in common is lots of blood

And presentation
    And similar setting
    And revenge theme
    And combat
    And even a similar art direction
    It's missing the interesting parts and stab wounds/gore though. Game looked like a ? from the beginning. They might as well left it on the 360 instead of moving it to the X1. All the time they were working on it and they could not do better? ROFL.
    Quantum Break better be much better. That is the game that got me looking at an X1.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What game does uncharted play like???
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    I'd made up my mind before the reviews came out. The numbered scores seems more harsh than the actual written text anyway.

Pros

Graphics
    No technical hiccups
    Good story
    Fun combat
    Multiplayer

Cons

Easy
    Repetitive
    Short

I can live with that for a launch game. I'll play it on hard and mine achievements. I'm actually diggin Ryse more than Dead Rising 3 right now, but i'm still pretty early in Dead Rising. Only 2 chapters left in Ryse I think.

[img]https://scontent-b-lga.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1470405_3196777518034_1778605800_n.jpg[/img]