Xbox One Sells 1 Million Worldwide

joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Millions killed...in Xbox One games.

Microsoft has announced that Xbox One has already sold 1 million units around the world.

“We are humbled and grateful for the excitement of Xbox fans around the world,” said Xbox's Yusuf Mehdi. “Seeing thousands of excited fans lined up to get their Xbox One and their love for gaming was truly a special moment for everyone on the Xbox team. We are working hard to create more Xbox One consoles and look forward to fulfilling holiday gift wishes this season.”

These sales exceeded Xbox 360's launch, setting a new record for Microsoft's Xbox branch. Last week, Sony revealed that its PS4 had sold similarly -- 1 million in 24 hours.

In the last 24 hours, players have driven 3.6 million miles in Forza Motorsport 5, killed 60 million zombies in Dead Rising 3, pulled off 7.1 million combos in Killer Instinct, and slaughtered 8.5 million Ryse: Son of Rome enemies.

If you're a new Xbox One owner, be sure to check out IGN's complete Xbox One Launch Guide. If you're on the fence, check out our Xbox One Review in Progress.

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HERE COMES FOCUS...

He bout to ether all his bullies lol. I told y'all xbox was going to do the same or more. They marketing went even harder than sony. I'm sitting here right now eating some doritos with a big ass x box splashed on it smh. They also have a few popular actual next gen games that people really want to play(dead rising & killer instinct)
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet PS4 moved a few more units. Great news for gamers doe.
  • joshuaboy
    HERE COMES FOCUS...

The bait been set
  • Karl.
    You can't hate though. I've gamed on the most partying of nights.

Gaming is just better than real life some times. ? em.
  • Karl.
    Not tonight though. Xbox one waits at home and im ? as ? .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? some of the best Friday nights I had in college was with everyone at the crib playing Goldeneye and Mario Kart, even better than the wild club nights.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    HERE COMES FOCUS...

He bout to ether all his bullies lol. I told y'all xbox was going to do the same or more. They marketing went even harder than sony. I'm sitting here right now eating some doritos with a big ass x box splashed on it smh. They also have a few popular actual next gen games that people really want to play(dead rising & killer instinct)

You do realize that XB1's sales are worldwide and the PS4's sales are just in the US. They don't even release in Europe until the 29th and not in Japan til February. So no, the XB has not sold anywhere near as well as the PS4.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I had to quote for emphasis

I'm so surprised at Sony, they really turned it up over there, looks like mgmt is doing all of the right things. If worldwide sales are included Sony would prolly do something like 2 million if they had a global release. Don't sleep on Japan....

And the only reason I'm getting an XB1 is just for Killer Instinct..... I'll be taking yall souls soon thank you very much...

Lonious I hope you coppin KI as well fam, I know you got game - especially in Tekken, I'm gonna need a punching bag some good competition.

You're a funny guy, but nah I'm not getting a XB1. I'm not even getting a PS4 for a few months. I probably would cop one if it had a good fighting game, but it doesn't so I'll wait til after I'm finished with Dark Souls 2 and Lords of Shadow 2 on the PS3.

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course the xbox sold more it's worldwide nobody can't say they didn't see this coming but good for Microsoft
  • joshuaboy
    Karl. wrote: »

For a Welshman to get ? .................. it had to be a good night
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »

For a Welshman to get ? .................. it had to be a good night

the only thing a Welshman likes more than drinking is a willing sheep and a tall grass field
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst initial publicity of any Xbox ever and it still became the fastest selling one yet.