Xbox One: Disc Tray Issues

2»

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 energy drinks though
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people acting like these consoles wouldn't have issues at launch....
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Xbox One Early Adopters Reporting Hardware Problems
    Though there may be solutions for you.

With today’s launch of Xbox One, some owners are discovering various problems with their next-gen console.

An IGN reader's system is in an endless cycle of crashing and rebooting. Another has issues with his headset outputting nothing but static. Others have seen the "E100" notification, indicating a total hardware failure caused by an update error. The Xbox One troubleshooting page notes that this error requires you submit your Xbox One for repair.

You can do so via the Xbox Online Service Center.

Other new Xbox One owners have reported numerous issues to the Xbox support message board, including concerning issues with disc drives, unusual sounds coming from the machine, more spontaneous system shutdowns, missing pixels, and blank or frozen screens. Others can't get their systems to start in the first place.

In the video below, you can see the Xbox One making a horrifying grinding noise as the owner inserts a disc.

Of course, these are anecdotal instances of hardware malfunction rather than a representation of a larger, Red Ring of Death-level problem. That said, we've contacted Microsoft about solutions to these problems and any others. In the meantime, the IGN Xbox One Problems wiki page may have explanations for problems you may encounter.

If you're having any problems of your own, be sure to share them in the comments below, or contact IGN directly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOPcMT5DHWY&feature=player_embedded
  • joshuaboy
    Update: One of IGN's office machines suffers from the same disc drive problem many have reported. When a disc is inserted, the Xbox One makes a grinding noise, but the disc is unaffected. However, Xbox One won't read any game discs. "Sorry, we can't play the disc," a notification says. "Try an Xbox One game, a music CD, or a movie on Blu-ray or DVD."

"We know that with a hardware launch of this magnitude customers will have questions and we have many avenues for customers to get the answers they need and get back in the game as soon as possible," Microsoft told IGN. "Rest assured we plan to take care of our customers. Any customer who believes they are experiencing an issue with their Xbox One should reach out to us through Xbox Support."

Microsoft customer support suggested IGN return the faulty unit to Amazon, for quicker results than going through Microsoft -- Amazon will replace the unit, whereas Microsoft will repair it. Both are viable options for victims of malfunctioning hardware, however, and Microsoft's @XboxSupport Twitter team has been addressing concerns all day.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    xbox one discs be like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJtw7vS1E8

on some real ? anyone who bought a launch console for either console stupid ? im waiting a bit to cop either. early adopter fanboys ass ? need to get off their high horse regardless of if they rep MS or Sony.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why people keep on calling those that bought systems stupid. Somebody had to buy them. It ain't like either company would produce a bunch of new units if there are old ones languishing on the shelves, and it it would have taken that much longer to discover most problems. So its good that people took that dive and bought them, and better that it wasn't me.
  • joshuaboy
    I don't know why people keep on calling those that bought systems stupid. Somebody had to buy them. It ain't like either company would produce a bunch of new units if there are old ones languishing on the shelves, and it it would have taken that much longer to discover most problems. So its good that people took that dive and bought them, and better that it wasn't me.

LOL #Truth
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deemula420 wrote: »
    ANNNNNNND

THIS is why you wait a good 6 months to a year to get a next gen console

Seems like yall forgot about them red rings of death that plagued 360 when it dropped

This. Plus, the price will be slashed, come with a free game/controller, limited edition design etc etc.

I'll cop an Xbox One and a PS4 next year.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wobble>>>Gobble

ouch at ? games being eaten
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...XBOX still uses a disc tray? Lmfao
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

but you still can't point out how it makes them smart. Yes early adopters are great for any product but it is still not smart to be that test ? . Likewise my point is cats be online like they are superior to the average joe just cause they copped first day and let it go to their head. No ? just cause you bought the console day one doesn't make you a better gamer or a more "loyal" customer. That is all i am saying about them cats who cop day 1.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well yea, people who act like they are special because they were the first to get something are stupid. That said, I'm not going to say that people who are anxious to have a new toy are stupid especially them being so anxious is what assures that the toy will be as its supposed to be when I get it.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man you ? are worse then women
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tell who plays the console and who doesn't all they do is hate from the sideline
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tell who plays the console and who doesn't all they do is hate from the sideline

You never stop being a hypocrite.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

You never stop being a hypocrite.

Look at the mirror bruh you out of all people saying this? Lol ok