So now apparently, Donovan McNabb was bullying Sean Andrews?? (LOL)

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
THIS ? here...

Donovan McNabb denies Shawn Andrews’ claim of bullying
Andrews said his time with Eagles was like a “living hell.”

Donovan McNabb denied allegations from former teammate Shawn Andrews that he was a locker room bully who spread rumors about Andrews’ sexuality.

The former Eagles quarterback told the Philadelphia Inquirer that he was happy to have Andrews as a teammate and dismissed the former offensive lineman’s recent comments.

“That is ridiculous. I don’t know what comments you expect to get from me, but that is news to me and completely false. For me to bully anybody, that sounds unbelievable.”

McNabb also questioned the timing of Andrews’ accusations. He and Andrews last played together in 2009.

Earlier this month, Andrews told an Arkansas magazine that his time with the Eagles was like “a living hell.” He singled out McNabb as the catalyst for that atmosphere in an interview with Sync Weekly.

“He was a big part of it — he was a big part of my issues there. Bully is a strong word, but he was degrading to me and spread rumors. It’s bothered me that I haven’t really spoken about it.”
Andrews played seven years in the NFL, six with Philadelphia. He was a three-time Pro Bowler, but a battle with injuries and depression led to his retirement at age 28.

Former Eagles players have backed McNabb on the bullying and ? rumors, including his one-time backup, Jeff Garcia, who was once a target of similar barbs from Terrell Owens. Garcia says McNabb may have been too playful on the field, but said he never saw anything malicious.

Comments