Why Don't People Want Usher To Grow Up??

Options
13»

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    mrjun18 wrote: »
    the real question is why won't usher grow up?

^^^^^^

exactly

usher really hasn't evovled all that much since confessions, and yes 'here I stand' was more adult, but it was a ? album

no one cares how grown you are if the music is ?

I don't think his decline has to do with him being 'grown', but moreso because he keep trying to recreate the success of confessions, you can't recreate a classic.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    ^^^^^^

exactly

usher really hasn't evovled all that much since confessions, and yes 'here I stand' was more adult, but it was a ? album

no one cares how grown you are if the music is ?

I don't think his decline has to do with him being 'grown', but moreso because he keep trying to recreate the success of confessions, you can't recreate a classic.

for the last time... IT'S NOT A CLASSIC!! DAMN!....lol
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    for the last time... IT'S NOT A CLASSIC!! DAMN!....lol

To you!!!

People are allowed a difference in opinion DAMN!!!!

Get over yourself
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't get where yall coming from with "Here I Stand" is a ? album. IDK maybe its just my ears. Let me give Raymond v. Raymond a couple more thorough listens.
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? is a cool song, but I won't listen to it because like you said its not Usher. Has anyone heard the entire album? What do you think?

exactly, the song itself is fine. just really doesn't match him. i haven't heard his album yet. as soon as i heard "little freak" that song with nicki minaj i just knew i wouldn't like the album.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Co-signs, I understand why "Here I Stand" barely went Platinum. There were some weak songs on there, Usher was clearly not in his zone on that record:

Raymond Vs Raymond > Here I Stand

And that's not saying much. Usher's last two have been pretty forgettable sadly and I love Usher but he needs to step it up. "Raymond Vs Raymond" was a step in the right direction but he's not quite there yet. I love "? " though, I think that's going to be a #1 single cause it's tearing the clubs up, it's the perfect club record. Will I am killed that beat.

LOL, i called it, "? " became Usher 9th #1 single and hit #1 in 8 countries. I felt it, that song had hit all over it. LOL @ everyone sleeping on it and now it's an intertnational smash. Yes it's not Usher style but it worked for him. Also I'm not a fan of autotune but once again for the club it works perfectly. Props usher, he's now had a #1 song on every ablum but his Puffy produced debut, LOL.
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I think it's the content that I like about Here I Stand. Like I said before, it's only so much repetitiveness you can take from him. I felt, even though it's not as strong of an album like 8701, he moved on into something different, better imo. It's getting to the point where you just don't take him serious anymore.