Perspective

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    whar wrote: »
    Two lines of evidence point to the 6,000,000 years ago us diverging from our nearest ancestor with the Chimps.

The first is the molecular clock ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molecular_clock ). This works with neutral mutations, those mutations which do not effect reproductive success, and can establish a timeline between two species.

The second is anthropological evidence. Tim White and several others are currently working to find early hominid fossils. These fossils currently support the 6mya divergence with Lucy about 3.2mya, A Anamensis about 4 mya, and A ramidus going about 4.5mya. The oldest hominid every found is Toumai from Chad which dates to about 6.5mya. Quite a bit of dispute exists regarding this fossil since it is extremely similar to to other apes and the hominid indications are just beginning to show.

I don't buy that molecular clock non-sense. First the theory is already flawed because it is working from an evolutionary basis. Second the theory is based on nothing but estimation in regards to what the fossil record shows. Thirdly the calibration section on the link you provided is absolutely laughable. I can't believe you actually believe this non-sense whar. Your smarter than this. ? gave you a brain my friend. Stop feeding into these lies.

Also there is no anthropological evidence for evolution. How can there be no missing links in the fossil record if evolution was true? We are taking about the change of MILLIONS of species over the course of time, but yet nobody can find the missing link which shows ape like creatures becoming human? LOL. It's a wild goose chase and their chasing after nothing but the wind. No one can find the missing link (which should be littered everywhere in the fossil record if evolution was true) because it's not there Whar. You know this my friend. You know that ? exists. You just don't want to give Him glory. Give Him glory my friend. He loves you and wants to give you life. Will you come to Him today?
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/content/24/1/26.full

This is an entire paper addressing calibrating the molecular clock. Please reach out to the authors and explain how laughable their work is.

The concept of Missing Link is one you hold but have defined in such a way as it can not be fulfilled. A afarensis, A anamensis, and A ramidus are all transitional examples between us and our ape ancestors. I am sure you accept none of them.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

This is an entire paper addressing calibrating the molecular clock. Please reach out to the authors and explain how laughable their work is.

The concept of Missing Link is one you hold but have defined in such a way as it can not be fulfilled. A afarensis, A anamensis, and A ramidus are all transitional examples between us and our ape ancestors. I am sure you accept none of them.

Whar we been down this road before, so let's get to the heart of the issue. Why will you not come to Jesus Christ so that you might have life?

• bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    bambu wrote: »
    evolution does not disprove ? so i don't see what the problem is, if evolution is real then ? created it.

? disproves evolution.....

Man was created.....

By a creator......

Not from a coincidental gene split that diverged from apes.....

EVOLUTION only looks coincidental to us but ? would knows the result of every gene split and what genes he would want to survive.

No....

? created man, not a single cell organism that "evolved" into man.....
  • whar

Whar we been down this road before, so let's get to the heart of the issue. Why will you not come to Jesus Christ so that you might have life?

Because I find the thought of scapegoating Jesus to bear my sins morally abhorrent. If ? exists I will stand before him with my crimes still upon me. If this means I end up in hell then so be it.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    evolution does not disprove ? so i don't see what the problem is, if evolution is real then ? created it.

How do you explain Jesus words in Matthew 19? When discussing the issues of divorce, Jesus plainly states that ? created man and woman in the beginning.

"Haven’t you read the Scriptures?” Jesus replied. “They record that from the beginning ‘? made them male and female." Matthew 19:4

This is ? in human flesh asking you if you have read the scriptures. If you have, Jesus says that they record that in the beginning ? made male and female. This account is recorded in Genesis 1 and 2.

You either have to deny what Jesus is saying, therefore calling ? a liar or your going to have to accept what Jesus is saying, therefore believing that ? is true. Amen.

You don't have to deny anything the bible says ? made HUMANS but it does not say how, it gives no details on exactly how he did it. ? being omnipotent he can guide the biological changes in his creatures according to his will simply by changing the environment ? can change and shape our biology. Afterall ? invented the physics that govern biology. Evolution explains biology but not human conscious, the human spirit and soul came directly from ? .

The bible says adam was made from the dust of the ground dust is not alive. YET thanks to ? LIFE came from it Science says the chemical reactions of minerals birth to life to the modern mind this sounds alot like abiogenesis. science also says that all physical matter came from star dust.

You forgot a major part of the creation story my friend. Let me refresh your memory.

"Then the LORD ? formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." Genesis 2:7

So actually ? tells us how man became alive. After ? formed man from the dust, ? breahted into his nostrils the breath of life and man became alive. ? is the life giver. He is the one who sustains us. His breath of life is what allows us to live.

If Genesis 2:7 still doesn't convince you (which it should, but ? also says that out of the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses every matter is established) there are many other verses in the Bible that confirm that it is the breath of ? that gives life.

"For the life of every living thing is in his hand, and the breath of every human being." Job 12:10

"All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of ? is in my nostrils;" Job 27:3

"The Spirit of ? has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33:4

"If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, all humanity would perish together and mankind would return to the dust." Job 34:15

"When you hide your face, they are terrified; when you take away their breath, they die and return to the dust. When you send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the ground."
    Psalm 104:30

“The ? who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. ? did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring."
    Acts 17:24-28

So actually the Bible confirms itself, which it always does. And it tells us that ? made man and woman as distinct creatures in His image and after His likeness. When ? formed man from the dust, man didn't become a living soul until ? animated the dust with His life giving spirit. The moment that ? takes away mans breath, man dies and returns to back to the dust. Scripture confirms this fact as well as the graveyard. Amen.

none of that conflicts with my post like i said evolution is an explanation for the biology of man but not his consciousness. consciousness can be considered a man spirit. It is your consciousness that make you human and that comes directly from ? . you have to read my whole post and put it together don't just pick out what you see in it that you disagree with.
  • zombie

Man was created.....

By a creator......

EVOLUTION only looks coincidental to us but ? would knows the result of every gene split and what genes he would want to survive.

No....

but your body is nothing more than a configuration of different cells that work together in conjunction with each other animated by your consiousness/spirit. when ? put the breath of life in man aka his spirit/CONSCIOUSNESS man became MAN..
  • bambu

Man was created.....

By a creator......

No....

but your body is nothing more than a configuration of different cells that work together in conjunction with each other animated by your consiousness/spirit. when ? put the breath of life in man aka his spirit/CONSCIOUSNESS man became MAN..

Exactly......

That breath of life was not coincidental............

Or a side-effect of "selection"....

• zombie
    edited November 2013

Man was created.....

By a creator......

No....

Exactly......

That breath of life was not coincidental............

Or a side-effect of "selection"....

Nothing is coincidental to ? but from our limited human perspective some would SEE the resultS of evolution AS simple coincidence. ? guided human physical evolution and gave us the breath of life

the selection was done by ? because he controlled the environment the creatures lived in and knew how they would react to changes in it.
  • bambu
    What do you mean by "physical evolution"?????

Either ? created man.....

Or man "evolved" from lower life forms.............

• zombie

yes ? created man but HOW is the issue, to create something you construct it so how did ? CONSTRUCT man and what is man but the combination of the physical and spiritual. Evolution is a proposed "HOW" of the creation of physical side of man.

by physical evolution i mean the physical bodies we inhabit, i don't see how anyone can believe that ? is omnipotent but then can't believe that ? could use evolution to create what he wants.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

Because I find the thought of scapegoating Jesus to bear my sins morally abhorrent. If ? exists I will stand before him with my crimes still upon me. If this means I end up in hell then so be it.

Why do you believe Jesus Christ sacrifice was morally abhorrent my friend?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

How do you explain Jesus words in Matthew 19? When discussing the issues of divorce, Jesus plainly states that ? created man and woman in the beginning.

"Haven’t you read the Scriptures?” Jesus replied. “They record that from the beginning ‘? made them male and female." Matthew 19:4

This is ? in human flesh asking you if you have read the scriptures. If you have, Jesus says that they record that in the beginning ? made male and female. This account is recorded in Genesis 1 and 2.

You either have to deny what Jesus is saying, therefore calling ? a liar or your going to have to accept what Jesus is saying, therefore believing that ? is true. Amen.

You don't have to deny anything the bible says ? made HUMANS but it does not say how, it gives no details on exactly how he did it. ? being omnipotent he can guide the biological changes in his creatures according to his will simply by changing the environment ? can change and shape our biology. Afterall ? invented the physics that govern biology. Evolution explains biology but not human conscious, the human spirit and soul came directly from ? .

The bible says adam was made from the dust of the ground dust is not alive. YET thanks to ? LIFE came from it Science says the chemical reactions of minerals birth to life to the modern mind this sounds alot like abiogenesis. science also says that all physical matter came from star dust.

You forgot a major part of the creation story my friend. Let me refresh your memory.

"Then the LORD ? formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being." Genesis 2:7

So actually ? tells us how man became alive. After ? formed man from the dust, ? breahted into his nostrils the breath of life and man became alive. ? is the life giver. He is the one who sustains us. His breath of life is what allows us to live.

If Genesis 2:7 still doesn't convince you (which it should, but ? also says that out of the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses every matter is established) there are many other verses in the Bible that confirm that it is the breath of ? that gives life.

"For the life of every living thing is in his hand, and the breath of every human being." Job 12:10

"All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of ? is in my nostrils;" Job 27:3

"The Spirit of ? has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33:4

"If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, all humanity would perish together and mankind would return to the dust." Job 34:15

"When you hide your face, they are terrified; when you take away their breath, they die and return to the dust. When you send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the ground."
    Psalm 104:30

“The ? who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. ? did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring."
    Acts 17:24-28

So actually the Bible confirms itself, which it always does. And it tells us that ? made man and woman as distinct creatures in His image and after His likeness. When ? formed man from the dust, man didn't become a living soul until ? animated the dust with His life giving spirit. The moment that ? takes away mans breath, man dies and returns to back to the dust. Scripture confirms this fact as well as the graveyard. Amen.

none of that conflicts with my post like i said evolution is an explanation for the biology of man but not his consciousness. consciousness can be considered a man spirit. It is your consciousness that make you human and that comes directly from ? . you have to read my whole post and put it together don't just pick out what you see in it that you disagree with.

Ok brother.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

yes ? created man but HOW is the issue, to create something you construct it so how did ? CONSTRUCT man and what is man but the combination of the physical and spiritual. Evolution is a proposed "HOW" of the creation of physical side of man.

by physical evolution i mean the physical bodies we inhabit, i don't see how anyone can believe that ? is omnipotent but then can't believe that ? could use evolution to create what he wants.

Because it goes against what scripture teaches. I believe ? , not man. Amen.

"Yea, let ? be true and all men liars." Romans 3:4
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall ? came from chimps, I was born and evolved from a real ? .
  • zombie
    edited November 2013

What you mean to say is that it goes against what YOU BELIEVE SCRIPTURE SAYS there are actually many theologians who believe in what i am telling you are you more knowledgeable than them i doubt it.

Scripture GIVES very little information about how ? created man almost no details are given. when science does not clearly contradict scripture and religious people dent science all they are doing is making people of faith look like fools.
  • bambu
    edited November 2013

What you mean to say is that it goes against what YOU BELIEVE SCRIPTURE SAYS there are actually many theologians who believe in what i am telling you are you more knowledgeable than them i doubt it.

Scripture GIVES very little information about how ? created man almost no details are given. when science does not clearly contradict scripture and religious people dent science all they are doing is making people of faith look like fools.

The theory of evolution directly contradicts scripture....

It states that life "evolved" by chance.....

Whereas, scripture states that man was created......
    Origin of life
    Further information: Abiogenesis and RNA world hypothesis

Highly energetic chemistry is thought to have produced a self-replicating molecule around 4 billion years ago, and half a billion years later the last common ancestor of all life existed.[242] The current scientific consensus is that the complex biochemistry that makes up life came from simpler chemical reactions.[243] The beginning of life may have included self-replicating molecules such as RNA[244] and the assembly of simple cells.[245]

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited November 2013

Please answer these 3 questions with scripture. If you can't I will.

How could man evolve from animals when man named the animals?
    How can man evolve from animals when ? gave man dominion over all the earth, including the animals?
    How could man evolve from animals when ? made man lower than the angles, but yet higher than the animals?
  • zombie

The theory of evolution directly contradicts scripture....

It states that life "evolved" by chance.....

Whereas, scripture states that man was created......
    Origin of life
    Further information: Abiogenesis and RNA world hypothesis

Highly energetic chemistry is thought to have produced a self-replicating molecule around 4 billion years ago, and half a billion years later the last common ancestor of all life existed.[242] The current scientific consensus is that the complex biochemistry that makes up life came from simpler chemical reactions.[243] The beginning of life may have included self-replicating molecules such as RNA[244] and the assembly of simple cells.[245]

Nothing is by chance man was designed by ? , the evolution of life on earth only looks like chance to us.
  • whar

If the problems of scapegoating and human sacrifice have to be explained you have really lost your moral compass.

• Sour-Cream
    Maybe evolution has a different definition in the bible. People change, revelation talks about knowledge and discernment increasing. I didn't come from any primate but if you want to categorize an animal that closely resembles our species, it's an ape. My question is why are there other planets in our solar system. I know revelations talks about ? creating a new earth for us. I think that Gods spirit in us allows us to have knowledge, think the way we do and have free will. Without him, our lifestyle would be as arbitrary as the animal kingdom.
  • Sour-Cream
    Plus it's not science that gives us that 1% chance to find habitat on 1 planet out of a million. I'm not a product of stardust. There is a possibility of life existing billions of years ago but Genesis says the earth was formless which mean life could have died millions of years before we were created. If it's dinosaurs or not, I dunno but angels and demons were here before us.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

If the problems of scapegoating and human sacrifice have to be explained you have really lost your moral compass.

Well I am trying to engage your thoughts my friend, so that I can see where your coming from. Me personally, I know the reason why Jesus Christ sacrificed Himself. You call it morally abhorrent, thus I want to know why. You feel me?
  • Sour-Cream
    Plus if you wanna compare the bible and science, revelations gives many descriptions of Satan having many horns. Is it possible that those dinosaurs were demonic creatures that were cast out of heaven. One scripture describes him of looking like a dragon and most angels and demons are giants.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Maybe evolution has a different definition in the bible. People change, revelation talks about knowledge and discernment increasing. I didn't come from any primate but if you want to categorize an animal that closely resembles our species, it's an ape. My question is why are there other planets in our solar system. I know revelations talks about ? creating a new earth for us. I think that Gods spirit in us allows us to have knowledge, think the way we do and have free will. Without him, our lifestyle would be as arbitrary as the animal kingdom.

Amen. As for the answer to your question, I don't know why ? put other planets in the solar system. I have heard various theories. But in the end they are all speculation, because only ? knows the reason why He does things. And if it He hasn't revealed the reason to us in the scriptures, than all theories are just pure speculation. The best answer I can give from what the scriptures teach is that the heavens declare the glory of ? , they testify of His greatness, and it was for His pleasure that He created all things.

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Revelation 4:11

"The heavens declare the glory of ? ; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Psalm 19:1