Do u participate in Black Friday

Options
13»

Comments

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why it gotta be called BLACK Friday?????

To get ? to shop.

I wouldn't participate in Black Friday as a matter of principle.

1) It's gotten to the point where these ? big box retailers aren't even allowing their employees the opportunity to enjoy Thanksgiving with their families. Opening at 12 AM, Macy*s opening at 8 PM, Toy R Us is so scandalous in the game that they opened on Thanksgiving Day at 5 PM. 5 PM! Geoffrey's punk ass didn't even give a ? a to eat, blow a blunt, and kick with his relatives before he was talking about come to work!

2) I heard on the radio there was some ? that's was in line in front of Best Buy since Sunday. ? , ? yourself four times for that ? . Yeah I blame to retailers for opening, but the onus in the consumer. I always ask myself, "Do you really need it that bad?" From what I understand that Black Friday ? isn't even the best ? , it's ? that the store is trying to get rid of. The only reason I would participate in Black Friday is because I want to go into Macy*s Herald Square like at 1 or 2 AM and get a number per floor, so that would be a total of nine numbers. Black Friday is just doing too much.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did once. it ruined my holiday feeling. I will never partake in that savagery again.
    its disgusting,
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got my Jordan's ?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Soooooo I ended up gettin a free Galaxy S4 by upgrading my phone, and 2yr contract wit AT&T.

Now why the hell am I not receiving text messages on this thing!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Black meant profit.

They would do all the accounting by hand; red = losses, black = profit.

Coined Black Friday = Profit Friday.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Black meant profit.

Why my cousin told my other cousin it was b/c this was the day slaves went shopping. I just smh.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The head shop around my house has some black Friday deals on bubblers and bongs. I may make a visit to see what they have
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    VIBE wrote: »

Black meant profit.

Why my cousin told my other cousin it was b/c this was the day slaves went shopping. I just smh.

I also read something that stated it possible Black Friday was first coined in Philly. There was so much chaos and accidents it was labeled "Black Friday".

The whole accounting thing with the red/black makes more sense to me, though.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cyber monday>>
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    There's nothing I want bad enough to stand outside in the freezing cold all night just to be able to say "first"...those people are idiots who deserve every stupid thing that happens to them
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hmm...Black Friday, Small Business Saturday (which I actually respect), Cyber Monday; it adds up to No Money days.

How about a Save the Bank Sunday the next weekend to encourage people to manage their money and assets better?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    The head shop around my house has some black Friday deals on bubblers and bongs. I may make a visit to see what they have

The only black Friday sale that began after 2pm. lol

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't done that ? since I was a kid. I'm not Fianna be camping out in cars or tents, 3:00 in the morning in 20 degree weather, just to get a deal on a product. I'm in bed sleep or smashing a late night tip bopper during that time. Plus you wait in line for 2 hours for a certain product, who's to say it might be sold out by time you are able to order.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And to think that the birth of Jesus has been reduced to this..........

black-friday-stampede-o.gif

I cant wait to Jesus come back & murder all these ?
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And now to turn this into the Ratchet Friday thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cALK98vaiSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DGexLhV3LM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlcCPQzgKGA

Last one isn't Black Friday, but the Asian man slapped the ? outta that iPhone like a G
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They ask for this by attracting hundreds of people to but like 5 on sale items.. I don't feel bad for these stores at all, the employees yes but not the stores.
  • Slim85
    Slim85 Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at these ? that camp out in $300 tents for several hours to get a off brand Fail-O TV that will fall apart by next Black Friday.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are sales year round, especially online. I always get it for cheap or wait for the price to drop. I'm not fiening. Black Friday online isn't so bad though. Some online shops give really deep discounts that you can use as Coupon Codes. Very convenient. I've never rushed to a store though. I'm the type of person to buy slightly used and refurbished electronics though. People usually send stuff back for silly reasons and it works out well for me. I've had new stuff break on me quicker. At least with refurbished, they fix a problem that would probably have shown up with all the models and a used item is proven to work but people no longer need it or they need quick money. I also buy designer gear from discount stores like Century 21 or get deals online at Asos or Nordstrom.
  • Slim85
    Slim85 Members Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To get ? to shop.

I wouldn't participate in Black Friday as a matter of principle.

1) It's gotten to the point where these ? big box retailers aren't even allowing their employees the opportunity to enjoy Thanksgiving with their families. Opening at 12 AM, Macy*s opening at 8 PM, Toy R Us is so scandalous in the game that they opened on Thanksgiving Day at 5 PM. 5 PM! Geoffrey's punk ass didn't even give a ? a to eat, blow a blunt, and kick with his relatives before he was talking about come to work!

2) I heard on the radio there was some ? that's was in line in front of Best Buy since Sunday. ? , ? yourself four times for that ? . Yeah I blame to retailers for opening, but the onus in the consumer. I always ask myself, "Do you really need it that bad?" From what I understand that Black Friday ? isn't even the best ? , it's ? that the store is trying to get rid of. The only reason I would participate in Black Friday is because I want to go into Macy*s Herald Square like at 1 or 2 AM and get a number per floor, so that would be a total of nine numbers. Black Friday is just doing too much.

Toys R Us basically wiped Thanksgiving off the calender of it's employees.

• GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copped the Jordan Oreo V's from Nike.com...

Life is good
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usually, but with work I couldn't this year..

I love the atmosphere of it all. (especially after a few tokes)

feels like a dream being at stores at 3am, knowing you're not the only insomniac, running into people you haven't seen in years, catchin' up n what not. plus getting things at low prices doesn't hurt either. ? , you might even see a fight

I think its awesome. I would recommend everybody do it at least once in their life...