The Notorious KnockOut Game Going On--just happened a few feet away from my job

Options
2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    This is just another way to speed up Martial Law. Obama is sick and tired of us "dumb Americans" not complying.

Let the criminals run wild until the people throw up their hands beggin' the Federal Government to do something. and that something,, will be Martial Law.

Obama can't wait. THEN Obamacare will be easier to force implement onto the masses.

Hopefully Obamacare will be delayed further, fixed, or destroyed before that happens. I wouldn't be surprised if more social unrest occurs when regular people see the scam sky high prices of Obamacare and realize they have to make choices btw paying the rent and having health insurance. The UNaffordable Care Act will cause even more problems in society then what already exists, and that's a scary as ? thought.....
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In a city of millions they causing moral panic over 2 alleged random acts of violence... Think about what's going on...
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    actually the knockout game was done back in the 90's in Washington d.c a dude went around knocking people out and peeing on them while his friend video taped it. he got caught and convicted for it. it was funny to me back then but now not so much.

theres a video of this somewhere on I tried finding it on youtube. they showed it so many times on maury and those real tv shows.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    In a city of millions they causing moral panic over 2 alleged random acts of violence... Think about what's going on...

Actually in NYC it's more like 10 or 11 attacks.....victims all White so far......
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    What do you all think about this POV....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da1ieqplH9s

Preach! This whole KO ? sounds fake as ? and dude is exposing it for what it is. It's a shame that the news is using old ass videos and completely unrelated events and clips to scare the people.

Even the TS posted some highly suspect ? with grown ass men and ? .
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    actually the knockout game was done back in the 90's in Washington d.c a dude went around knocking people out and peeing on them while his friend video taped it. he got caught and convicted for it. it was funny to me back then but now not so much.

theres a video of this somewhere on I tried finding it on youtube. they showed it so many times on maury and those real tv shows.

in one of my earlier posts, i mention this. i'm from the area and I remember when it happened. his boy that was video taping called him "the young Mike Tyson". but i thought he shot the ? dude in the ass, but maybe it was that he ? on him.

he was going around doing that when camcorders first became affordable and he wanted to get the most out of it.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    Options

Preach! This whole KO ? sounds fake as ? and dude is exposing it for what it is. It's a shame that the news is using old ass videos and completely unrelated events and clips to scare the people.

Even the TS posted some highly suspect ? with grown ass men and ? .

I didn't wana believe the ? myself but the attack happened close to my job lol....nothing suspect about the article I put up but I do wonder if this is as big as the media is hyping it up to be as well. Foxnews is putting up footage from Britain to big up the story and in a way I feel somewhat responsible for hyping this story up but in NYC this is huge news. People are genuinely afraid and the mayor of Philly even made a press conference about it today
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This nonsense reminds me of the "happy slap" craze that hit the UK many years ago. I hope someone tries this on the wrong person..like these two ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjRL68yoLh8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    This nonsense reminds me of the "happy slap" craze that hit the UK many years ago. I hope someone tries this on the wrong person..like these two ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjRL68yoLh8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As my Sensei would say, "this is why we train..."

• Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He has a lot of good points, White kids have done ? fights and killings for fun and all that but right now there's more reports of the knockout game going on, so this the hot story. Kind of like slavery was the hot story in the 1800s, other stories didn't get as much attention, like the mass slaughter and genocide of Native Americans.....the media then and now for example portrayed Abraham Lincoln as the Great Emancipator but ignored how he helped slaughter Native Americans and ran them off their land to build the railroads coast to coast. The hot story always gets the most coverage, and in this case its because of all the knockouts going on.

Episode #6-"PROPAGANDA,POLITICS,AND PRISON"

http://www.tariqradio.com/1/post/2013/11/ep6-propagandapoliticsand-prison.html#comments
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I didn't wana believe the ? myself but the attack happened close to my job lol....nothing suspect about the article I put up but I do wonder if this is as big as the media is hyping it up to be as well. Foxnews is putting up footage from Britain to big up the story and in a way I feel somewhat responsible for hyping this story up but in NYC this is huge news. People are genuinely afraid and the mayor of Philly even made a press conference about it today

I'm not saying ? ain't getting knocked out, I'm just saying the context is being skewed to make it look like it's some kind of game that we're all in on.

Yeah duns might have ? somebody up, but that's nothing new and it more than likely wasn't part of no damn game. ? what the media is saying, they're just trying to get hits and views.

And like dude in the video was saying, they clearly have some grand scheme cooking up since they continuously show videos from the past or in other countries. Why can't they show a video of something happening in 11/2013 in the U.S.?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    alright, let's get libertarian about this:

When the Press Perceives a Crime Trend, Turn On Your B.S. Detector
    In his 1999 book Random Violence, which I recommend highly, the sociologist Joel Best points out that "criminologists usually doubt claims about crime waves. Crime waves, they say, are really waves in media attention: they occur because the media, for whatever reason, fix upon some sort of crime, and publicize it." Genuine spikes in crime do occur, of course, but the press has a habit of spotting patterns that aren't there.

I recycled that last paragraph from a blog post I wrote in January. Back then the alleged crime wave involved mass shootings. Now the press is focused on "knockout," which my colleague Jacob Sullum wrote about here yesterday. This time the alleged crime wave does not involve guns and is being blamed on black people, so the skeptics tend to be on the left and the hysterics tend to be on the right. (I like to think of Reason as a place where we're skeptical about all the ? crime-trend stories.) But the statistical support for the idea that there has been a surge in random attacks on bystanders, whether or not those assaults are a "game," is absent. The only thing that is spiking for sure is media attention, and that has less to do with the number of crimes than the presence of a storyline that the press can plug those crimes into.

Fun fact: In 1989, many reporters became convinced that there was a crime trend called "wilding," which (naturally) involved random assaults on strangers. This was a byproduct of the Central Park jogger case: A police officer apparently misheard a reference to the Tone Loc song "Wild Thing" as "wilding" and the media ran with it, without bothering to say to themselves, "You know, 'wilding' is kind of a dorky word. Are a bunch of hardened thugs really going to use it?"

Addendum: Down in the comments, GILMORE argues that I should have turned on my own B.S. detector before repeating that story about the origins of the word "wilding." I'd link directly but the threads are kind of tangled; search for his handle and you'll find it.

Addendum #2: With this clip, GILMORE convinces me to ditch the Tone Loc story. Wherever the police picked up the phrase, it probably wasn't a garbled fragment of a song.
  • Meta_Conscious
    edited November 2013
    Options

Actually in NYC it's more like 10 or 11 attacks.....victims all White so far......

11/8000000 = .000001375
    epidemic indeed.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2013
    Options

11/8000000 = .000001375
    epidemic indeed.

I agree it's not an epidemic but yet another attack took place here in NYC yesterday, and it's gotten so bad even Al Sharpton has made public pleas for the attacks to stop. I'll say this though, I agree the media has blown it out of proportion but the fear is real among (some/many) people.......
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    alright, let's get libertarian about this:

When the Press Perceives a Crime Trend, Turn On Your B.S. Detector
    In his 1999 book Random Violence, which I recommend highly, the sociologist Joel Best points out that "criminologists usually doubt claims about crime waves. Crime waves, they say, are really waves in media attention: they occur because the media, for whatever reason, fix upon some sort of crime, and publicize it." Genuine spikes in crime do occur, of course, but the press has a habit of spotting patterns that aren't there.

I recycled that last paragraph from a blog post I wrote in January. Back then the alleged crime wave involved mass shootings. Now the press is focused on "knockout," which my colleague Jacob Sullum wrote about here yesterday. This time the alleged crime wave does not involve guns and is being blamed on black people, so the skeptics tend to be on the left and the hysterics tend to be on the right. (I like to think of Reason as a place where we're skeptical about all the ? crime-trend stories.) But the statistical support for the idea that there has been a surge in random attacks on bystanders, whether or not those assaults are a "game," is absent. The only thing that is spiking for sure is media attention, and that has less to do with the number of crimes than the presence of a storyline that the press can plug those crimes into.

Fun fact: In 1989, many reporters became convinced that there was a crime trend called "wilding," which (naturally) involved random assaults on strangers. This was a byproduct of the Central Park jogger case: A police officer apparently misheard a reference to the Tone Loc song "Wild Thing" as "wilding" and the media ran with it, without bothering to say to themselves, "You know, 'wilding' is kind of a dorky word. Are a bunch of hardened thugs really going to use it?"

Addendum: Down in the comments, GILMORE argues that I should have turned on my own B.S. detector before repeating that story about the origins of the word "wilding." I'd link directly but the threads are kind of tangled; search for his handle and you'll find it.

Addendum #2: With this clip, GILMORE convinces me to ditch the Tone Loc story. Wherever the police picked up the phrase, it probably wasn't a garbled fragment of a song.

Educational post, good drop....the attacks equal energy and money for the media so nothing will change until the attacks stop and I don't see them stopping anytime soon.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    moral panics just show how gullible the public is.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All four suspects stayed at the scene and were quickly slapped with handcuffs, sources said.

The thugs were ages 38, 34, 31, and 28 – and all of them have criminal records, sources said.

this can't be real. this simply can't be real.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think they are all illuminati plants.. or a vast government conspiracy to distract us from the truth

• kingblaze84
    edited December 2013
    Options
    All four suspects stayed at the scene and were quickly slapped with handcuffs, sources said.

The thugs were ages 38, 34, 31, and 28 – and all of them have criminal records, sources said.

this can't be real. this simply can't be real.

It's real man.....the older knockout generation of the 90s and 80s are joining the new bloods.....
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    moral panics just show how gullible the public is.

America seems to go into one state of panic over something one season after the other. 3 months ago everyone was afraid of a shooting in a mall or a school, before that it was zombies high off of bath salts.....I'm sure something else will come along soon