How Does The IC Feel About People Who Want To Censor Christmas Because Of Religions Getting Offended

Options
2»

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scrooge was a republican
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As an American, it's not fair to censor Christmas, Hanukkah, or Kwanzaa.

Why is it not fair?

Who's to say it cannot be?

Christmas isn't being "censored" either. As far as I know, Merry Christmas is still widely used, even by me who's an atheist.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christmas trees are pagan anyway, if you really want to get in touch with your Christianity you'd set the tree on fire and talk to it like Moses did.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Christians "celebrate" Jesus' birth the same way everyone does; by trading gifts and gawking over what new ? they got.

Word, Jesus would've loved that.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Christmas trees are pagan anyway, if you really want to get in touch with your Christianity you'd set the tree on fire and talk to it like Moses did.

I got arrested for that last year
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody is censoring Christmas. Turn off Fox News.

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only people who get offended by "Merry Christmas" are atheists. No one else gives a ? . And when atheists start these advertising campaigns, Christians on Fox throw a backlash.

I'm Muslim, but i'll tell someone Happy Holidays. But if someone says Merry Christmas, i'll just say it back. To me it's all just a day off with nothing to watch on tv.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »

lol...the tree as a pagan thing is way overblown anyway. Cultures and groups co-opt traditions from other cultures and groups all the time. After hundreds of years of tradition, who's to say something still isn't part of your tradition?

It's like when you see an atheist telling Christians that their tree is pagan in origin, but then jump in their cars with a Dawkins fish on the rear.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This the type of ? only white people and republicans care about.

I aint really celebrate Christmas like that growing up, my family was too broke.

Is thread starter even a practicing Christian? Mannnn, miss me with this conservative propaganda ass thread
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christmas is Christmas... ? these ? that want to gripe about everything ? thing. Tired of them real ? . They turning this new generation into soft emotional ? that don't respect anything.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one is actually getting offended though. You will not find one muslim, indian, jew, or whatever being offended by merry christmas.

This is war amongst white people. Only people getting offended by hearing merry christmas is white athiests and they using other cultures to justify what they want.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't recall anyone having a problem wit it back in the day when I was growing up. I still say Merry Christmas. .
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see anything Christian about modern day Christmas ads, jesus is not even mentioned in relation to the holiday
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I say ? em. I don't give a ? if Muhammad or Rabbi gets offended, this country celebrates Christmas. This country is getting too Damn PC on us. The next generation will be weak as ? .

Actually The country doesn't celebrate Christmas, ppl who celebrate Christmas celebrate Christmas

Christmas ain't in no danger, but if you don't practice Christianity that ? is shoved down your throat

The law states there's a division between church and state so Christmas isn't American

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus wasn't born on Christmas though.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Jesus wasn't born on Christmas though.

Nah, Christmas' origins are pagan anyways, so it's all ? futile.

The idea of Christmas itself is all about decoration, drinking Starbucks and buying/wanting gifts.

Nowhere in there is there any "Jesus" ? . Plus, it's ? profitable as ? , so it's going nowhere and people can view Christmas however the ? they want, as long as they buy into all the companies products.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Forbid people from celebrating anything 'religious' outdoors in public. Make it law that it be done in your home. Forbid the wearing of any religious symbols outside of the home. Forbid any discussion of religious topics outside of the home.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    The idea of Christmas itself is all about decoration, drinking Starbucks and buying/wanting gifts.
    Nowhere in there is there any "Jesus" ? . Plus, it's ? profitable as ? , so it's going nowhere and people can view Christmas however the ? they want, as long as they buy into all the companies products.
    although, to be fair, Christmas WAS celebrated for decades before almost everything you're listing was in play

• REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People act as though their sensibilities are eggshells, this goes for those for or against it. What real harm does it pose either way. Are you not devout enough in your beliefs to have a functioning holiday in private? Those offended are scared that through some festivity religion might come into their lives? It is a stupid argument for spiritually insecure mother ? IMHO. This type of thinking has always intrigued me though.