Is Derrick Rose unofficially on Grant Hill Status until proven otherwise?

Options
2»

Comments

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Speakin of roy damn that was my ? wish he had more time to to play
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    He will get back. Just got to change his game. Get back to the midrange game he had in 2011. I think that will help him most.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Maybe So
    Derrick Rose, Penny, T-Mac, Amare what number do they all wear? the cursed #1
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe So
    Physically I don't believe dude is done. If anything, I think he's more messed up mentally. I think if he can get his head right and trust his body again, I think he can be what he once was. Now, if he ends up hurt again next season, lawd have mercy..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    It seems like his injuries have a cascading affect. He can probably still be a good player if he gets a jumper, but I think he's done as far as the player everyone expects him to be.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not quite ready to write D-Rose off yet.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Without question I say yes, is his career over, hell no!!

I think that he would have to prove himself at this point, I believe he can but idda know if Chicago will give him any more chances.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    No, he has not had any permanent injuries, nor did he re injure his previously injured knee.

He has just had a few runs of bad luck.
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Yeah too bad atleast he got paid. They should have traded him when they had the chance. He Shaun Livingston status
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe So
    shoulda came back in playoffs last year
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

It wouldnt made a difference
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    No
    T. Sanford wrote: »

It wouldnt made a difference

ehhhhhhhhh, that is an unknown, considering that there is a possibility this injury was caused due to him favoring his previously injured leg, ? isn't uncommon at all.

I'm not saying that's what caused it, and it would be wrong to say it, but I also think it's wrong to say it wouldn't have made a difference.

Rather than coming in gradually avg 5-10min a game at the latter end of last season, he came out hard this season avg 30min+ a game.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    the 2 things working against rose is his lack of size and his lack of will/alpha male personality. Allot of the modern stars like lebron durant etc are not as mentally tough never say die minded like kobe and jordan. They don't have that ? off attitude that many superstars have. But they have size so they can dominate weather its lanky durant and tank mlb size lebron.

Rose is not only undersized to be a superstar but he doesn't have that Allen iverson ? off chip on his shoulder mentality. Lets be honest we saw that during his injury. AI woulda came back and put his career on the line in the playoffs unlike rose. Without that by any means mindset and the lack of not being over at 6-4 height its going to be hard to be the supserstar he once was. He might be 100% physically but the mental aspect i think is being vastly underrated. Seeing a therapist and having optimal rehab might help but sometimes either you got that superstar mindset or you dont. time will tell
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    He won't be a superstar again until he adjusts his game, dude puts his head down and runs recklessly to the rim an wonders why he doesn't get calls. Teams have figured that out, and they build a wall in front of him now. If he gets a pull-up and a floater, he'll be back to stealing MVP's.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing Rose needs to learn is that you don't have to jump out the gym to be successful.
    Its a major advantage but he doesn't need it.
    In reality he was going to have to change his game anyway as he got older. Might as well change it now
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    the 2 things working against rose is his lack of size and his lack of will/alpha male personality. Allot of the modern stars like lebron durant etc are not as mentally tough never say die minded like kobe and jordan. They don't have that ? off attitude that many superstars have. But they have size so they can dominate weather its lanky durant and tank mlb size lebron.

Rose is not only undersized to be a superstar but he doesn't have that Allen iverson ? off chip on his shoulder mentality. Lets be honest we saw that during his injury. AI woulda came back and put his career on the line in the playoffs unlike rose. Without that by any means mindset and the lack of not being over at 6-4 height its going to be hard to be the supserstar he once was. He might be 100% physically but the mental aspect i think is being vastly underrated. Seeing a therapist and having optimal rehab might help but sometimes either you got that superstar mindset or you dont. time will tell

Not everyone needs a homicidal-like drive to succeed.
    Ahh. I'll just put it this way, man. There are different ways to hunt. I watch the Discovery Channel all the time, and you look at all these animals in the wild. And they all hunt a different way to feed their families. They all ? a different way. Lions do it strategically -- two females will lead, and then everybody else will come in. Hyenas will just go for it. There are different ways to ? , and I don't think people understand that. Everybody wants everybody to ? the same way. Everybody wants everybody to ? like MJ or ? like Kobe. Magic didn't ? the way they killed. Does that mean he didn't have a killer instinct? Kareem didn't either. But does that mean Kareem didn't have a killer instinct? The same with Bird. That doesn't mean you don't have a killer instinct. Tim Duncan don't ? like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, but I've played against Tim Duncan twice in the Finals and I know for sure he's got a killer instinct. So there are different ways to ? . MJ had a killer instinct for sure. But if people really think that MJ didn't talk to nobody and didn't smile on the court, they're crazy. They're crazy. I've seen him. I was watching a clip the other day of him blocking Charles Barkley, and they're laughing about the play -- on the floor. Right now, if I block Kevin Durant on the floor, or I block Carmelo Anthony and we laugh about it? Ahh, I'm going to get killed [laughing]. I'm telling you. But there are different ways of killing.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think we'll find out when he comes back from this 2nd injury.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is on Bobby Hurley status! For sure
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    he on penny hardaway status, he is wrap for this mental midget. bulls gonna be 5 seeds for next 5 years
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Yes
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Not everyone needs a homicidal-like drive to succeed.
    Ahh. I'll just put it this way, man. There are different ways to hunt. I watch the Discovery Channel all the time, and you look at all these animals in the wild. And they all hunt a different way to feed their families. They all ? a different way. Lions do it strategically -- two females will lead, and then everybody else will come in. Hyenas will just go for it. There are different ways to ? , and I don't think people understand that. Everybody wants everybody to ? the same way. Everybody wants everybody to ? like MJ or ? like Kobe. Magic didn't ? the way they killed. Does that mean he didn't have a killer instinct? Kareem didn't either. But does that mean Kareem didn't have a killer instinct? The same with Bird. That doesn't mean you don't have a killer instinct. Tim Duncan don't ? like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant, but I've played against Tim Duncan twice in the Finals and I know for sure he's got a killer instinct. So there are different ways to ? . MJ had a killer instinct for sure. But if people really think that MJ didn't talk to nobody and didn't smile on the court, they're crazy. They're crazy. I've seen him. I was watching a clip the other day of him blocking Charles Barkley, and they're laughing about the play -- on the floor. Right now, if I block Kevin Durant on the floor, or I block Carmelo Anthony and we laugh about it? Ahh, I'm going to get killed [laughing]. I'm telling you. But there are different ways of killing.

There are different ways to ? but as a player who consistently needs to drive to the hoop to score (due to lack of a consistent jumpshot) he can't play like duncan or like magic or like kareem. Those players could be smart and methodical instead of lights out alpha male. Rose isn't a true pg he doesn't have the basketball IQ to be chess like CP3. Hes not A big man like Duncan so he can't wear down opponents down low with post moves and perfect form in the post. Hes not larry bird who used trash talking to get players off their game. So for his type of game having that any means mindset mentally is key.

If he slightly questions himself going to the hole then hes done. If he has doubts facing contact against bigger stronger men in the post hes done. If a team in the postseason like miami puts lebron on him to stop his jumpshot and then he goes cold from the field then hes done. As a gaurd under 6-4 with no true pg feel rose can only be an alpha male to make a susperstar living.

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    using the term alpha male is ? as ? .
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    D. ROSE CAN RUN THE POINT EASY. You ? is nuts if you think this kid can't adjust his game. If he's healthy he will be good.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Yes
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    using the term alpha male is ? as ? .

lol that's all you concluded from my post

i have yet to see the term alpha male associated with anything in the homosexual community but please post proof that the term is