on-ball D, Defensive awareness, The 2k hoax

Options
Ghostdenithegawd
Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/691316-ball-d-defensive-awareness-2k-hoax.html

From reading about other posters findings on defensive sliders and with a combo of my own finding

On-ball d doesn't actually dictate if you will be able to stay on the offensive player, defensive awareness does

Try putting on ball d at 0 and defensive awareness at 100 you will be able to follow the offensive player as if your the magic cardboard cutout in the player fast break practice.

That won't solve our problems because we still very much need on ball D because that controls the bumping animation we need to stop the ball handler maybe even make him pick up his dribble

so imagine that most perimeter defenders defensive awareness rating (correct me if wrong) are lower than 75-70 and that the people that you draft trade for etc, who have good on ball d 75-80+ defensive awareness does not match there on ball d ex( mike Connolly on ball d is a 82, but his defensive awareness is a 71!!!!)

This type of rating example is spread through out many supposedly good defenders leading them to just be good bumpers who still can't follow most offensive players as they would in real life and where not talking about the superstars.

Often times a offensive player simply goes left or right no turbo no iso-motion and as a defender you can be left soooooooo far behind for no reason, most player don't even use iso motion they simply turbo left or right and get by no matter who the defender is.

not only are the defensive awareness/on ball d ratings messed up even with sim sliders on ball d at 50 simply doesn't not help another user follow another user why?

Because these sliders aren't meant for user vs user play at all we are extremely eratic with ball handling we often try to abuse turbo or use it when ever it is possible we want to turn every player with ball handling into AI when we shouldn't but works because of the broken sliders

I found out for people playing people to have a fair shake at guarding each other without it being over powered it won't turn Steve Nash into into Rajon rondo defensively, it will simply just makes things more realistic and fair. Even the worse defender can stop you if you only going to drive left or right with no pick ,dribble moves etc

This is to make on ball the chess match it really is instead off the on going forever loosing battle. you have to set defensive awareness and on ball d really high.

This needs to be fixed asap imo we out here looking like sucks drafting good on ball defenders but with 2k logic they aren't.

This also can explain players can get away with going left and right to wiggle off a defender to shoot the 3 all day, with 2k logic we are nowhere near that guy so its ok for them to do that.

Quickness 65/65
Speed 65/65
Defensive Awareness 70/70
On-Ball Defense 55-60 not sure witch is best yet

The rest of the slider set are in my sig try it with your friend your lgs etc

Comments