Options
Wild Self
Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Haven't read the article, I will after this post, but I am getting bored with video games now. They are so one dimensional and bland. They need to be more abstract evoke more emotion, real talk. They can do so much more with games, but leave so much to be desired. Like the Call of Duty franchise and madden for example and even GTA 5 could of done more.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PS4 and XB1 just did 1st and 2nd best ever launches ................. #justsaying
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with their last point. The hours that game programmers work, especially when a game is about to launch, is borderline slavery.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stepped out the box I play pretty much all genre of video games. I named those since those franchises are the most complained about and popular. People buy the new madden and cod even though they get new reviews and are pretty much the same thing.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    I stepped out the box I play pretty much all genre of video games. I named those since those franchises are the most complained about and popular. People buy the new madden and cod even though they get new reviews and are pretty much the same thing.

I know that CoD is going to be the next Tony Hawk series and they gonna run that series down the toiler.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Pr0n
    Pr0n Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not exaggerating when I say that, for the vast majority of studios in the game industry, working conditions are awful, and the burnout rate is pandemic. The frantic period before a game releases is called crunch time, and it's marked by 60- to 80-hour weeks. And "crunch time" can last up to a year. No, it's not as bad a job as that guy who has to crawl up the constipated elephant's butt at the zoo, but it's bad enough that it's hurting the games. The best and brightest veterans get driven away.