Check out Michael Jordans Chicago mansion (which is about to be auctioned)

Options
Nah Son
Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
Set on 7.39 immaculately landscaped acres just north of Chicago, the longtime personal residence of Michael Jordan offers the ultimate in privacy and luxury. This secluded compound includes 56,000 square feet of living space, with 9 bedrooms, 15 full bathrooms and, as one might expect from this basketball legend, a regulation-size, NBA-quality basketball court — all surrounded by a living fence of 150 mature evergreens, creating an envelope of unparalleled privacy.

Note: the sale will now be conducted on December 16, 2013.

7.39 acres
56,000 square feet
9 bedrooms – 15 full and 4 half baths
5 fireplaces
15 heated garage spaces
500+ bottle wine cellar
Home theater
Card room
Cigar room with walk-in humidor
Pool pavilion and outdoor kitchen with separate entrance
Basketball complex
State-of-the-art fitness center
Tennis court
Putting green
Full-service beauty salon
Guest wing with 3 en suite bedrooms and separate entrance
Living fence of 150 mature evergreens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lf_w0olusA

lol @ the table shaped like the city of Baghdad....wtf

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who the hell need 19 bathrooms
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C/S the 150 trees surrounding the property.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Joe Dumars got 10 bathrooms
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm thinking about buying this mansion. I was showed around on the property & I'm real close in inking this deal on this mansion
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I win this Mega Million I'm gonna buy it for the fam.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I lived here I would never leave the house tbh

? would never see me again..
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't click the video, but judging from the way he dresses, I can only imagine how tacky his furniture is
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan listed that mansion for 29 million and had no takers. Dropped it to 21 million and still no takers. The crib is sick but aint many people spending that type of money for a mansion in the Chicago suburbs. I read up on the auction you have to put $250,000 down to be in the auction
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    I changed my mind, the deal if off the table. This house isnt big enough for me
  • T. Sanford
    Options
    After MJ ended Bryon Russell career in 98'. He hired him as his lawn care keeper
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody brought it.
    Michael Jordan's 56,000-square-foot home failed to sell at auction Monday after lingering on the market for nearly two years.
    The former Chicago Bulls basketball star initially listed the home at $29 million in February 2012. Later, the asking price was cut to $21 million. The home was built in 1994.

The auction was held by Concierge Auctions, which specializes in selling unique high-priced homes. Bidders had to put up a $250,000 bond in order to be able to even bid on the house.

"We are disappointed that the high bid in today's auction of Michael Jordan's residence in Highland Park did not meet the reserve price," said Estee Portnoy, a spokeswoman for Jordan. "We will be evaluating options for the property in the new year."

Related: Inside Jordan's mansion

Jordan can probably afford to take a less than asking price for the property. He was the most marketable athlete ever during his playing days, and still has lucrative deals with Pepsico's (PEP, Fortune 500) Gatorade, HanesBrand (HBI), and Nike (NKE, Fortune 500). He also owns a motor-sports team, several restaurants, and a majority share of the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats.

Related: How Michael Jordan rolls in 'retirement'

The home in Highland Park, Illinois, which is just north of Chicago, is unique. It has a full-sized NBA regulation indoor basketball court, 9 bedrooms, 15 baths and a putting green and chipping area for golf. It has garage space to house 14 cars and sits on more than 7 acres.

Related: Top million-dollar housing markets

Even with Jordan's celebrity, it's difficult to sell a home in that price range, according to realtors in the area.

"Homes over $3 million are still a tough sell. It's an awful lot of money, Jordan or no Jordan," said Howard Mandel, a realtor with Coldwell Banker. "Granted it's got a full regulation NBA court, but I don't know how many people are looking for that. It could turn into a tear down."
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I won the auction. I'm just waiting on the 214 dollars to go through escrow right now. It's a headache man, but that's the cost of doing big boy ? . Like my ? Meek said

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rh13do7fig
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    sapo614 wrote: »
    Nobody brought it.
    Michael Jordan's 56,000-square-foot home failed to sell at auction Monday after lingering on the market for nearly two years.
    The former Chicago Bulls basketball star initially listed the home at $29 million in February 2012. Later, the asking price was cut to $21 million. The home was built in 1994.

The auction was held by Concierge Auctions, which specializes in selling unique high-priced homes. Bidders had to put up a $250,000 bond in order to be able to even bid on the house.

"We are disappointed that the high bid in today's auction of Michael Jordan's residence in Highland Park did not meet the reserve price," said Estee Portnoy, a spokeswoman for Jordan. "We will be evaluating options for the property in the new year."

Related: Inside Jordan's mansion

Jordan can probably afford to take a less than asking price for the property. He was the most marketable athlete ever during his playing days, and still has lucrative deals with Pepsico's (PEP, Fortune 500) Gatorade, HanesBrand (HBI), and Nike (NKE, Fortune 500). He also owns a motor-sports team, several restaurants, and a majority share of the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats.

Related: How Michael Jordan rolls in 'retirement'

The home in Highland Park, Illinois, which is just north of Chicago, is unique. It has a full-sized NBA regulation indoor basketball court, 9 bedrooms, 15 baths and a putting green and chipping area for golf. It has garage space to house 14 cars and sits on more than 7 acres.

Related: Top million-dollar housing markets

Even with Jordan's celebrity, it's difficult to sell a home in that price range, according to realtors in the area.

"Homes over $3 million are still a tough sell. It's an awful lot of money, Jordan or no Jordan," said Howard Mandel, a realtor with Coldwell Banker. "Granted it's got a full regulation NBA court, but I don't know how many people are looking for that. It could turn into a tear down."

I want this, batmobile, and Aaliyah on my johnson(alive of course) No Drake.