"Looper" will blow your mind, Really.

13»

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The movie isn't hard to follow, so don't get ready to get that tripped out.

Joseph really nailed playing a younger Bruce Willis.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? was dope and not hard to follow...
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great movie. Much better than TDKR.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Looper is one big Loop of plot holes

1. Why not hurt the ppl they send back so they can't run?

2. With the other Looper Seth,Why torture him to find the future version of Seth when they can just ? Seth and the old Seth would not exist?

3. How could the rainmaker be made if old Joe has Young Joe's memories and knows it's wrong to ? the kids.Should have changed Old Joe's mind

4. Going deeper into #3.Why would Old Joe need to ? the other 2 kids if he should know where the rainmaker is because of his own memory of going to the farm?

5. How did the raInmaker exist at all if in the 1st timeline Young Joe killed himself

6. Seeing that they have a time machine's why not go back before young Joe let old Joe escape and make sure he doesn't escape?

7.Why do physical things that happen to young Joe effect Old Joe sometimes but not all the time?

8.They gave up on explaining time travel and admitted they wouldn't explain the plot holes saying " we would be sitting here making diagrams out of straws"

There are more but, these are a few
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing that came close to blowing my mind was JGL having a young bruce willis face, other than that decent movie.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    loch121 wrote: »

1. Why not hurt the ppl they send back so they can't run? Kills the suspense, less work for the people in the future? For movie purposes, idk.

2. With the other Looper Seth,Why torture him to find the future version of Seth when they can just ? Seth and the old Seth would not exist? So they know where the body is, completes the contract.

3. How could the rainmaker be made if old Joe has Young Joe's memories and knows it's wrong to ? the kids.Should have changed Old Joe's mind. He cares about bringing back his wife. ? Cid (the kid/rainmaker) then his wife isn't dead. Young Joe doesn't care about Old Joe's wife even though the Old one wants them to meet.

4. Going deeper into #3.Why would Old Joe need to ? the other 2 kids if he should know where the rainmaker is because of his own memory of going to the farm? He doesn't know which kids is wrong to ? until Young Joe realizes at the very end that Cid is the Rainmaker, so it's not a memory yet. By then he already started on killing the kids on his list.

5. How did the raInmaker exist at all if in the 1st timeline Young Joe killed himself. Not sure what you mean, but the story playing out with Young Joe killing himself in the end is now the real story, if Joe died some other time that's it.

6. Seeing that they have a time machine's why not go back before young Joe let old Joe escape and make sure he doesn't escape? Because the people in the past don't have the machine, so they can't change what happened and the people in the future don't know he escaped. When Young Joe doesn't check in that lets them know he didn't finish his contract.

7.Why do physical things that happen to young Joe effect Old Joe sometimes but not all the time? Like? The rock salt showed up because it was a permanent wound just like what was happening to Seth (his friend).

8.They gave up on explaining time travel and admitted they wouldn't explain the plot holes saying " we would be sitting here making diagrams out of straws". I get what your saying but one question really does lead to a million more, suspension of disbelief.

I don't disagree with your questions just know I'm answering these based on watching once and I'm good with the suspension of disbelief for a somewhat original movie.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S.jR. wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »

1. Why not hurt the ppl they send back so they can't run? Kills the suspense, less work for the people in the future? For movie purposes, idk.

2. With the other Looper Seth,Why torture him to find the future version of Seth when they can just ? Seth and the old Seth would not exist? So they know where the body is, completes the contract.

3. How could the rainmaker be made if old Joe has Young Joe's memories and knows it's wrong to ? the kids.Should have changed Old Joe's mind. He cares about bringing back his wife. ? Cid (the kid/rainmaker) then his wife isn't dead. Young Joe doesn't care about Old Joe's wife even though the Old one wants them to meet.

4. Going deeper into #3.Why would Old Joe need to ? the other 2 kids if he should know where the rainmaker is because of his own memory of going to the farm? He doesn't know which kids is wrong to ? until Young Joe realizes at the very end that Cid is the Rainmaker, so it's not a memory yet. By then he already started on killing the kids on his list.

5. How did the raInmaker exist at all if in the 1st timeline Young Joe killed himself. Not sure what you mean, but the story playing out with Young Joe killing himself in the end is now the real story, if Joe died some other time that's it.

6. Seeing that they have a time machine's why not go back before young Joe let old Joe escape and make sure he doesn't escape? Because the people in the past don't have the machine, so they can't change what happened and the people in the future don't know he escaped. When Young Joe doesn't check in that lets them know he didn't finish his contract.

7.Why do physical things that happen to young Joe effect Old Joe sometimes but not all the time? Like? The rock salt showed up because it was a permanent wound just like what was happening to Seth (his friend).

8.They gave up on explaining time travel and admitted they wouldn't explain the plot holes saying " we would be sitting here making diagrams out of straws". I get what your saying but one question really does lead to a million more, suspension of disbelief.

I don't disagree with your questions just know I'm answering these based on watching once and I'm good with the suspension of disbelief for a somewhat original movie.

1. LOL

2. if seth is dead the other Seth would vanish just like old Joe did

3.From the moment Young Joe decided to protect the kid, it should made old Joe feel the same way.Also if Old Joe doesn't ? Cid's mother, there's no reason for the rainmaker to exist

4. I was saying he would know it would be wrong to ? any kids

5. In the original timeline Young Joe Killed Old Joe and didn't escape

6.The boss dude has contact with future.Why can't they go back in time in the future and correct their mistakes?

7. Okay maybe

8. That's the problem it's a loop of plot holes like I said
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few more plot holes:

1)They establish it's impossible to get rid of bodies in the future.....But they ? Future Joe's wife and burn the house her corpse is in

2)How did Cid's mom know about Loopers?

3)They probably could have avoided this if present loopers didn't have to ? their future selves OR just send the bodies from the future to the bottom of the ocean or something like that in the present and eliminate the need for Loopers all together

4)How is Old Joe taller than Young Joe when they first meet?
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I never finished my Review guys. But I'm glad a lot of you liked it. It's a cool movie done on a low budget. I love Time Travel Flicks. I also love how the movie twist into a whole another direction you weren't expecting.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why even have present loopers ? their future selves and not leave it to other present loopers to avoid the conflict of interest?

Anyways it was overall a good movie, but it was hyped as ? e.g total film calling it "this decade's the Matrix" smh
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had started watchin this ? ...But the sound wasn't good on my bootleg...And without bein able to hear wtf he was talmbout, I was totally lost...So I gave up...
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finally watched this ? ...If I had paid 10 dollas to see this, I woulda been so angry...Mofuckas do these lazy ass endings and tie ins and expect ? to be in awe...And shame on any of y'all that actually ain't get what was goin on...? erthing, I'm actually mad at this right now...Lmao...